Welcome To The Quadrant!

are you watering to 10% runoff or better ?

i run straight perlite. i dunno how you're making this work but i'm sure in to see it.

I am growing outdoor girls hempy style this year Bluter. After drilling the drain holes, I put perlite up to the holes and then coco for the remainder, so far seems to be doing amazing.

are you watering to 10% runoff or better ?

i run straight perlite. i dunno how you're making this work but i'm sure in to see it.

Yes exactly. Watering till I see about 5% to 10% runoff. My thinking is this. When watering your refreshing all water in the container and flushing out any standing water left in the bottom rez area. Since watering is done daily and sometimes 2x daily, the standing water doesn't have a chance to mess anything up.

The roots of my current party cup grow, besides being heavily root bound, the roots are still white and healthy.

Glad your in this one also ;) I'll post more details on exactly what I'm doing in my method when this thread becomes live... photos, detials and more or less instructions for anyone who wishes to try this out.

Been growing it for the past 3 years and try to always have some on hand, it’s been my goto ever since I grew out the first 4 beans from Humboldt Seed :)

Awesome. Humboldt has some nice Genetics.
On this thread, likly will try to make some seeds from the Sour Diesel since I've only got 2 left.

I am growing outdoor girls hempy style this year Bluter. After drilling the drain holes, I put perlite up to the holes and then coco for the remainder, so far seems to be doing amazing.

coco is a pretty common hempy media. check out @FelipeBlu's outdoor hempy journal. 1/4 of one of his outdoor plants is equal to my entire year's output ..

we're a bit worried for him at the moment. every possibility he has evacuated from the fires.

Yes exactly. Watering till I see about 5% to 10% runoff. My thinking is this. When watering your refreshing all water in the container and flushing out any standing water left in the bottom rez area. Since watering is done daily and sometimes 2x daily, the standing water doesn't have a chance to mess anything up.

The roots of my current party cup grow, besides being heavily root bound, the roots are still white and healthy.

Glad your in this one also ;) I'll post more details on exactly what I'm doing in my method when this thread becomes live... photos, detials and more or less instructions for anyone who wishes to try this out.

promix is mostly peat based, it holds moisture and wicks differently than most hempy media, and soil is pretty much avoided as it just holds too much.

it sounds like you've been doing this for a bit, i just wanna see how it works in this context. it goes against a few thoughts on the hempy approach, but hempy itself is an uncommon method.

i have piles of promix, peat, and even promix nuted potting soil hanging about. may do something other than straight hempy in a grow or two.

When I buy seed, I try to get it from the original breeder, or from a well established breeder who has a record of good genetics :) After reading your info on the BD strain, I may go hunting for DJ’s Azure Haze, sounds awesome :)

Buying from breeders that have awesome Genetics is key... I also buy from repubutal breeders and attempt to make fem seeds so I dont spend a ton of $$$ repeatedly...

me personally, I've obtained 4 landrace strains from the source of origination, example;
Transkei Red (aMaphondo) "Africa"
Swazi "Africa"
I plan to at some point grow these out and make seeds from them, to ensure these particular landraces stay exactly as they are.

I just googled Azure Haze by DJ short and found it in 30 seconds lol looks good.

coco is a pretty common hempy media. check out @FelipeBlu's outdoor hempy journal. 1/4 of one of his ooutdoor plants is equal to my entire year's output ..

we're a bit worried for him at the moment. every possibility he has evacuated from the fires.

promix is mostly peat based, it holds moisture and wicks differently than most hempy media, and soil is pretty much avoided as it just holds too much.

it sounds like you've been doing this for a bit, i just wanna see how it works in this context. it goes against a few thoughts on the hempy approach, but hempy itself is an uncommon method.

i have piles of promix, peat, and even promix nuted potting soil hanging about. may do something other than straight hempy in a grow or two.

Absolutely, I have ran a few grows with 100% pearlite and or vermiculite and it worked but I wasn't 100% sold on it...

The last few rounds I've used;
This exactly;
20191004_223300.jpg

And Regular soil Potting Mixture indregents.
Humus
Peatmoss
Sand
Perlite

Originally mixed 50/50, but since been doing 80% HP and 20% soil hempys...

post 62 for reference. Look at them roots.

Honestly this method came from watching some dude on YouTube, talking with @Emilya (the queen of Ganja) I likely drove her nuts with wrapping my head around a more natural way to grow with nutrients... So the reason I do what I'm doing is mostly because I believe the macro nutrients live better in this environment, which directly affects your roots, which in turn grows some seriously healthy plants...

Only nutrients I use now are Gagia green. I used to use megacrop, but honestly my current method is low stress. I literally never test for PH or anything els. I simply feed the plants once every 3 weeks and give them water daily. Done.

I have piles of promix, peat, and even promix nuted potting soil hanging about. may do something other than straight hempy in a grow or two.

You should try it out for real.
80% pro mix × 20% "regular soil" hempy.
Maybe on 1 plant and see if its something you like. However I do believe alot of the reason this works so well has to do with the dry nutrients I'm using. Not sure what outcome anyone would get with say megacrop or liquid nutrients ect ... but this is why we all experiment ;)

For anyone who may be interested, this is exactly what I'm using In my grows...

80% HP Promix Mycorrhizae (High porosity)
20191004_223300.jpg

20% Dollarrama brand potting soil - Mixture of indregents; Humus, Peatmoss, Sand and Perlite.
20200913_105519.jpg

Gagia green Nutrients as described on the 1st post of this thread... can go into detail is anyone requests it.

Absolutely, I have ran a few grows with 100% pearlite and or vermiculite and it worked but I wasn't 100% sold on it...

The last few rounds I've used;
This exactly;
20191004_223300.jpg

And Regular soil Potting Mixture indregents.
Humus
Peatmoss
Sand
Perlite

Originally mixed 50/50, but since been doing 80% HP and 20% soil hempys...

post 62 for reference. Look at them roots.

Honestly this method came from watching some dude on YouTube, talking with @Emilya (the queen of Ganja) I likely drove her nuts with wrapping my head around a more natural way to grow with nutrients... So the reason I do what I'm doing is mostly because I believe the macro nutrients live better in this environment, which directly affects your roots, which in turn grows some seriously healthy plants...

Only nutrients I use now are Gagia green. I used to use megacrop, but honestly my current method is low stress. I literally never test for PH or anything els. I simply feed the plants once every 3 weeks and give them water daily. Done.

not even sure i would call that hempy. it's kind of something new. almost a normal grow with the addition of a res.
the feed schedule and approach on hempy is much closer to coco.

You should try it out for real.
80% pro mix × 20% "regular soil" hempy.
Maybe on 1 plant and see if its something you like. However I do believe alot of the reason this works so well has to do with the dry nutrients I'm using. Not sure what outcome anyone would get with say megacrop or liquid nutrients ect ... but this is why we all experiment ;)

dry amendments are definitely not hempy lol
i'm running mc. pretty much used in any app other than LOS.

not even sure i would call that hempy. it's kind of something new. almost a normal grow with the addition of a res.
the feed schedule and approach on hempy is much closer to coco.

dry amendments are definitely not hempy lol
i'm running mc. pretty much used in any app other than LOS.

Haha I'd have to aggree with ya there. Definitely a mix of a few different styles lol hopefully this turns into a "thing" for others to try ;)

For anyone who may be interested, this is exactly what I'm using In my grows...

80% HP Promix Mycorrhizae (High porosity)
20191004_223300.jpg

20% Dollarrama brand potting soil - Mixture of indregents; Humus, Peatmoss, Sand and Perlite.
20200913_105519.jpg

Gagia green Nutrients as described on the 1st post of this thread... can go into detail is anyone requests it.

went back and re-read this..

that is hilariously close the mix i made for my outdoor container garden. i added topsoil, and extra peat, and fed it passive hyrdro from the bottom with a res.

the biggest difference is i separated the media from the res and used wicking baskets. you can both top and bottom feed depending on the plant needs. that garden went nuts on run-off mc nutes with a bit of fresh added. if i had the climate it would grow killer cannabis.

so i have sort of grown your style lol :p

have a look.

went back and re-read this..

that is hilariously close the mix i made for my outdoor container garden. i added topsoil, and extra peat, and fed it passive hyrdro from the bottom with a res.

the biggest difference is i separated the media from the res and used wicking baskets. you can both top and bottom feed depending on the plant needs. that garden went nuts on run-off mc nutes with a bit of fresh added. if i had the climate it would grow killer cannabis.

so i have sort of grown your style lol :p

have a look.

Woah, that's a fantastic idea you made there.
Did all the medum stay moist throughout while being wicked from the bottom? I'm assuming you filled water through the pipe repeatedly untill the medum was saturated?

Looks like the vegetables love it with your above ground garden ;)

Woah, that's a fantastic idea you made there.
Did all the medum stay moist throughout while being wicked from the bottom? I'm assuming you filled water through the pipe repeatedly untill the medum was saturated?

Looks like the vegetables love it with your above ground garden ;)

you fill the res and walk away. when the plants are small you feed/water from above as well. but not much. the tomato buckets should have been bottom fed less than happened for a better dry cycle.

you might fill the res a couple times a month at most. we had some sucking it dry every 7 - 10 days or so, but let it go, as there was rain at the time. i had potting promix as well, not just hp, for some background nutes through the whole media.

big containers are not my idea at all. it's the exact same thing as a tomato bucket, just on a bigger scale. would probably do gangbusters for cannabis. i may use the tomato buckets for an indoor run to try it in cannabis sometime.

edit: on the big containers we just dumped the feed down the tube and checked periodically with a stick to test the level lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

have to be careful to make sure they get a dry cycle. it ran too wet for tomato, partly because it was outdoor. biggest factor was mom pestering my dad to keep watering when i told her not too :p

cannabis likes dry feet. the biggest advantage to standard hempy is the near impossibility of over watering. it's good for new folk that way. until they get bored of watering every other day or more lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

I actually really like hempys, dont mind feeding water daily. Sometimes I'd like to use a automatic version. But for the most part I get to see the plants daily and visit while watering.
I like that i really cant drown the plants also lol

Back
Top Bottom