# of plants - 2
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Seedling
Lights - VIPARSPECTRA V300 300W
Nutrients - General Organics GO Box
Medium - Eco Scraps Potting Soil and Perlite
pH - 6.4
Room Temperature - 75-80 F

Problem: My seedlings are taking forever to grow and I'm not sure what to do about it. They sprouted 2 weeks ago and the growth has gone to a slow crawl lately. The cotyledons are turning yellow and the new leaves seem brown at the edges. Can anyone please lend a hand?

Here are some pictures from today
hPeVS7x.jpg
8nyMZCo.jpg
s4TrIRa.jpg

Two weeks from planting, or two weeks from busting through the surface?

How far is the light from the seedling? Should be about 24-28” from the plant at this point.

Are you letting the soil dry out before watering?

What’s your RH?

The plant looks fine despite the slow growth. No need to panic with soil, it’s forgiving, just don’t do anything crazy like blast it with nutrients.

The cotyledons are dying because they have done their job. Nothing wrong there

gimme a break!
If the pic he posted is 2 weeks of growth from germination, then something is way whacked
yes, there is reason to panic, if he doesn't fix this, the plant is done
I'd force feed it
like how you make foie gras lol

Two weeks from planting, or two weeks from busting through the surface?

How far is the light from the seedling? Should be about 24-28” from the plant at this point.

Are you letting the soil dry out before watering?

What’s your RH?

The plant looks fine despite the slow growth. No need to panic with soil, it’s forgiving, just don’t do anything crazy like blast it with nutrients.

The cotyledons are dying because they have done their job. Nothing wrong there
]2 weeks from bursting. the light is about 18" now. yes i make sure the soil is dry about an inch below the surface before watering. RH is about 65%. what would be the downfall of giving nutrients now?

]2 weeks from bursting. the light is about 18" now. yes i make sure the soil is dry about an inch below the surface before watering. RH is about 65%. what would be the downfall of giving nutrients now?

An inch below the surface is not enough. Gotta let the roots search for water. Particularly if the container is bigger than a solo cup at this point.

Seedlings don’t need nutrients at this stage, not with soil. What kind of soil is it? Potting mix?

There is new growth and it seems healthy. Only a fool would panic at this stage. Let her dry out a bit. Get into a routine of watering and letting it dry out. Not dry to the point of wilting from thirst but, enough where the pot is lighter. If it has been overwatered the root system may not be large enough, gotta make it work for its water, bigger roots bigger plants.

It may be a slow starter. If a few wet dry cycles don’t get it kick started then it may be genetics.

Back
Top Bottom