What caused this?

improvise

Whats doing this damage/munching
Rrgards

20240218_220851.jpg

20240218_220836.jpg

20240218_220834.jpg

20240218_220812.jpg

I would isolate the one with the bites so the 🐛 doesn’t wander off to the next plant. The traps I see will help against airborne pest like gnats, moths and/or butterflies. Follow these steps sourced from Dinafem:
  • Spray your plants with pyrethrum and keep an eye on them: This quick-acting spray stuns caterpillars and they fall off the plant immediately. Another trick for finding them is to inspect your marijuana plant at night. They are more difficult to spot during the day but if you use a torch at night, you'll find it easier to see them. They are also more active at night, so they will be more visible.
  • Look out for butterflies: If you see any butterflies resting on your plants, try to chase them away because they could be laying eggs. If you have seen butterflies on your plants, you should start to be suspicious and check for caterpillars.
  • Inspect your plant: Keep an eye out for small yellow or translucent eggs on the underside of the leaves, as this tends to be where butterflies lay them. You should also check for any little droppings that caterpillars leave as they move around. These small black deposits are a sign that they are present.
  • Bitemarks on the leaves: As we mentioned earlier, this insect feeds on green matter so if you find any bitemarks on your plants (especially on the leaves), it's highly likely that your crop is being attacked by caterpillars. Infestations like this can cause severe damage to the foliage of the plant and slow down its growth and metabolic functions. In very extreme cases, the plant can even die.
  • Dark stains or rot on the buds: Caterpillars can also get inside the buds. Inspect them and check for any bitemarks or signs of caterpillars. It's essential to act fast if you notice any of these symptoms. Apart from the fact that these insects have an insatiable hunger and are able to quickly demolish the biggest marijuana buds in your crop, the droppings they leave behind can also encourage the appearance of fungus (usually botrytis).

How can you get rid of a caterpillar infestation?

If the caterpillar has already made itself at home in your marijuana crop, it's vital that you act as quickly as possible. Take note because here are some biological remedies that you can use:

• Manual removal: Armed with patience and plastic gloves, you can remove any caterpillars that you find on your plants.
  • Spraying: You can combine manual removal with homemade insecticides, such as a blend of pepper and garlic.Pyrethrum and rotenone also work very well. Use
  • Bacillus thuringiensis: We recommend this biological insecticide as the most effective method for treating caterpillar infestations. This insecticide acts upon contact, which means that caterpillars fall ill and die when they are sprayed with Bacillus. You should remember that even though it is a biological product, it is advisable to play it safe and refrain from applying it during the last 15 days of the cycle. It is also a good idea to combine sprays of this product with manual removal.
  • Introduce predator species: Trichogramma wasps and Podisus maculiventris can be quite helpful. And if the infestation of caterpillars appears at harvest time…

few years back found a fat katydid snuck in fall season just hanging out and munching down.

zoom up on that photo on right hand side… found this crew of baby green worms in December, walked in flower room at night and they were just getting ready for dinner… I wiped them out by plucking but they hatched over a few days so it’s not a one and done deal. Then few weeks later that same grow bag spawned the crap out of larvae coming out of the soil some were on sides of smart pot…. not sure if all that was from same critter but my point is check around the clock at odd hours too, inspect foliage, top of soil & container sides too

yep Janluna is right those yellow sticky cards are good for flying pests but not really gonna catch hoppers or crawlers..

What are you using for ipm? I’d bone up now before flower.

SNS is a good overall preventative, I like Spinosad too. But chemically speaking BTk is specific for caterpillars, but not the same thing as BTi better known as mosquito dunks or mosquito bits which are used to curb ye old funkus gnats.

Back
Top Bottom