What do I have to do to change back to vegging from flowering?

FoolishWise Guy

Hi Guys

Just something I'm stuck with
Iv got 5 plants I want to keep and take more cuttings from but it has been in flowering for thr last 3 weeks

Is there anything I can do to change it back to vegging stage

Iv been advise to leave it on 24 hour for 3 days for it to go back

Also wanted to am I still good to take cuttings from the plants ? Ic attached some pictures can you guys get back to us soon as

20210901_173317.jpg

20210901_173311.jpg

20210901_173306.jpg

IMO that would be a mistake.
You just up the lighting back to 18/6.
But at this point in flower it would take so long for it to reveg, plus would stress the shit out it that I can't image it could possibly be worth it.
Probably take less time to finish this crop, harvest, and start another one, pick a mother plant and do it right.

Could also just start another plant right now if you have another space and light and make that your mother

If you're trying to keep the genetics alive you could try starting a few clones of it in another room or wait until you harvest and attempt to reveg by leaving some of the lower growth on the plant and switching your lighting back then.

Thanks I understand what ur saying .
Also are u suggesting I take the clones off now and put them under 18/6 .?
My bad, would've answered sooner but I had a bit of a weed nap lol. Yep, if you're able to cut some clones and have the space for it. They may take a few days longer to root and grow a little weird at first but that's to be expected while they revert back to vegetative growth. Taking clones during flowering is referred to as monster cropping because they tend to grow into bushy monsters. If you go the reveg route at the end of the cycle, you'll need to be careful not to overwater and wait upwards of a month for them to start growing again - the bonus is you have an existing root system and get to run the same plants another time.

Air layering is a legitimate cloning technique. But I wouldn't do it in the flowering room because, by the time the intended clones have produced roots, they are that much further along in the flowering phase.

I'd just take cuttings and root as per normal, under at least 18 hours of light per day. Probably 20 to encourage the shift back to the growth phase to occur faster - but that's a judgment call, and probably isn't necessary.

Reveg now would throw all the time and money you have in that plant away
I had one I waited until it finished left bottom 1/3 and put it back in veg room and took dam near 2 months before anything was big enough to clone and had it in the way all that time

I'm in the process now I have some funeral cake I took cuts off put in clone box 24hour light and let the mother go think its been a month now and they are still reveging ugly little plants but will grow into monsters

If you're trying to keep the genetics alive you could try starting a few clones of it in another room or wait until you harvest and attempt to reveg by leaving some of the lower growth on the plant and switching your lighting back then.
If the OP is interested in Re-Vegging.... I'll be starting to do that tomorrow when I harvest my "Cherry on Top".
It will be in my 5 OG journal tomorrow night.

Reveg now would throw all the time and money you have in that plant away
I had one I waited until it finished left bottom 1/3 and put it back in veg room and took dam near 2 months before anything was big enough to clone and had it in the way all that time

I'm in the process now I have some funeral cake I took cuts off put in clone box 24hour light and let the mother go think its been a month now and they are still reveging ugly little plants but will grow into monsters
So are u saying keep them into a 24 hour light cycle instead of a 18/6

Back
Top Bottom