What do you guys think happened?

FoolishWise Guy

I think I now what's happened I mixed a bud hardener with my nutrients ......
And now I think hes burnt it

I only tried it on one plant good thing I just tried it on one plant

20201214_182755.jpg

20201214_182249.jpg

More seriously- I’m not sure what’s in that ‘bud hardener’ stuff but usually it’s P or K, or both. Usually very concentrated. And basically it’s a scam IMO. It is for sure if you’re paying much for that stuff at all. I mean, the plants need P and K, and may or may not need a bit more in late flowering (debatable), but I don’t think there’s anything you can give them that just magically ‘hardens’ the buds. Lots of light, and the right genetics are the two main factors there.

Mmm

Looks like some random phenotype where the bud is extra tight/dense than average grown weed... Ye it happens :)

Not sure abut the product used :cough:

More seriously- I’m not sure what’s in that ‘bud hardener’ stuff but usually it’s P or K, or both. Usually very concentrated. And basically it’s a scam IMO. It is for sure if you’re paying much for that stuff at all. I mean, the plants need P and K, and may or may not need a bit more in late flowering (debatable), but I don’t think there’s anything you can give them that just magically ‘hardens’ the buds. Lots of light, and the right genetics are the two main factors there.
Agreed, both my plants and myself were burned by a bud booster/hardener.

I have since tried it again because I have the bag sitting around still, this time really cutting back on my base nutrients and using very little of a P & K booster. I started using it almost 2 weeks ago, around the last 1/3 of flowering. At first I didn't notice much but at least I wasn't seeing any burn signs either. The buds have now really started to swell and get fat with about a week or 2 of flowering left. I have some clones that I didn't use the booster on and they are also starting to swell but only about half of what the others on "the juice" have done. For now it appears to be working but I'm far from being sold on it.

Yes the bud harder that I'm using is pure k
0 -0- 62

So pure potassium it says mix with water only... and I mixed it with nutrients but its only happen to this plant tried it on some more bit nothing happened to them shall I just harvest it then ?
What do suggest
Go ahead and harvest it. I have seen photos of other grower's flowering plants with the same brown tips and they harvested it.

0 -0- 62

So pure potassium it says mix with water only... and I mixed it with nutrients but its only happen to this plant tried it on some more bit nothing happened to them shall I just harvest it then ?
What do suggest
I remember you now- you were thinking about paying some crazy price for ‘bud hardener’ and we were trying to talk you out of it. Like I said there- you can buy 20 pound bags of that 62% potassium on eBay for about $60.

Anyway- I wouldn’t worry about it- just carry on and harvest as usual, or whatever you were doing before now. Probably the frazzled one needs to be harvested.

The Phantom it totally could help. I agree. But it’s one of those things like vitamins. You only need extra if the plants were low on it to begin with. Eating a pile of vitamins doesn’t suddenly make you healthy- unless you already had scurvy.

I figure when I add something to my plants and they grow better- that just means I started screwing things up less.

It’’s just part of a balanced diet. There’s nothing in that K that’s not in the K in the other bottles. So usually if you want to boost it at the end you can just do that with your usual nutrients. If you have some PK heavy nutrients and cut back on the N- or whatever.

Or you can buy bulk hydro salts cheap and mix your own. I use a free app called Hydro Buddy which helps tweak things however you want.

I used some fish emulsion did the same cept my tips curled in looked a little prettier.

The good news was I got hard nugs. I wasnt using it for that purpose but it worked.

Bud hardener... thats some special sauce. I found it NPK is like 0-45-28. Toasty.

I bet some good old wood ash (pot-ash) added to soil before planting will do the same thing.

Curly tips.... just a little too much is just enough.

20201213_112453.jpg

Nice red stem!

Thanks, beats red stems and aphids which was a thing a few weeks ago.

Probably some sort of deficiency. lol Actually its from the lights. I've got a fair amount of r-spec in there. The stems are more red the closer to the lamps.

Just a theory I've seen happen stumbled into it.

Back
Top Bottom