What I Can And Can't Do

Stargazer32862

I admit. I'm learning about today's cannabis and what I can and can't do. I finally found the medicine I need for my arthritis pain and it is a landrace strain called Afghani, 100% Indica. But it seems that not very many people grow it. Seems everyone wants hybrids. I also thought that if I could rent an apartment in a legal state, maybe grow my own. That just got shot down today. I inquired about some apartments in Illinois and they don't allow smoking, or growing. Just edibles. Now I know how important it is to own your own home. I'm 61 and still learning new things. I just hope that I will be able to access the 100% Indica strain when I move back home.

I can't advocate for breaking the law, but a little 2 ft by 4 ft closet grow is basically undetectable when done right and can produce a half pound or more every grow. That said, one of my favs, Afgoo, is a very tasty mostly indica hybrid that's easy to grow.
I would but management has a bad habit of inspecting your apartment. They have a key and come in anytime they want. I found that out after my oldest rugrat was born, 40 years ago. I was in the bathroom with my daughter, on the loo, when I heard a knock on the door. Then I heard a key in the deadbolt. The management walked right in. I didn't like that one bit. Seems the owner was selling the building and someone wanted to look at it and the manager knew I was a stay-at-home mom.

That's scary. Legit lease agreements state entry on emergency basis only. You have a law suit if your landlord is violating your civil rights. You need to get out of there asap, dear. Get ahold of the local women's aid agencies and get some help.
Hon, that was 40 years ago. I'm living with my daughter and her family now. She wouldn't mind if I had cannabis here if it was legal in this state. But it's not. Right now I'm waiting for my test results to come back from my spinal tap. Checking to see if I have Alzheimer's Disease. I'm hoping to move back to my hometown across the river. At least their medical will be legal in 2025. Indiana has no plans to legalize it and after the trigger law went into effect after SCOTUS reversed Roe, Eli Lily has decided to leave Indiana because they can't operate in a state like Indy. I'm hoping the dispensaries in my hometown will carry Afghani.

From what I understand, CBD from hemp with no more than .3% of THC is legal in Indiana. There has been some research on using CBD to treat dementia. There's a great website called Project CBD and here's an article they have on using CBD to treat Alzheimer's and dementia.

And, here's a link to a study about treating people with advanced Alzheimer's with CBD. It's very interesting reading.

And, 420 Magazine has a good thread about it as well. Here's the link:

Alzheimer's Disease: Preventing & Halting Progression With Ultra Small Doses

I hope you figure something out. My mother-in-law has Alzheimer's. It's a horrible disease.

From what I understand, CBD from hemp with no more than .3% of THC is legal in Indiana. There has been some research on using CBD to treat dementia. There's a great website called Project CBD and here's an article they have on using CBD to treat Alzheimer's and dementia.

And, here's a link to a study about treating people with advanced Alzheimer's with CBD. It's very interesting reading.

And, 420 Magazine has a good thread about it as well. Here's the link:

Alzheimer's Disease: Preventing & Halting Progression With Ultra Small Doses

I hope you figure something out. My mother-in-law has Alzheimer's. It's a horrible disease.
Thank you for the links. I will read up on it. I'm only 61 and when someone gets it at that age it's called early onset Alzheimer's and it's genetic. No one in my dad's family or my mom's family had early onset Alzheimer's or just plain Alzheimer's or any dementia. My dad's family mostly died of cancer. And my mom's family stroke and aneurysm. I've already had kidney cancer and I'm on blood thinners. I don't expect to see my 70s, I have too much wrong with me.

Afghani is a strain that has been grown for at least 100's of years not for flower but tricomes. I learned this the hard way. I grew some, cured it, smoked it and was blah. Put it away for 2 years, Wow!

The landlord thing: Pushing in to your apartment without an appointment is against the law. Depending on your state you could have shot them right there as breaking into your abode making you fear for your life and your childs.

Get an LED and grow inside.

Afghani is a strain that has been grown for at least 100's of years not for flower but tricomes. I learned this the hard way. I grew some, cured it, smoked it and was blah. Put it away for 2 years, Wow!

The landlord thing: Pushing in to your apartment without an appointment is against the law. Depending on your state you could have shot them right there as breaking into your abode making you fear for your life and your childs.

Get an LED and grow inside.
I would but it's my daughter's house and she said no cannabis for as long as it's illegal in this state, which will be forever. I was looking at other ways to buy a house in a legal state and there are programs for people that are of low income and iffy credit. My credit score used to be good, I just had a credit card through my credit union but that was all. I got rid of the credit card now my credit score is nonexistent. No wonder I couldn't buy a new mattress on credit. I guess I will just be taking edibles or tinctures when I move back home. It's going to be until 2027 before I can qualify for the extra help program. That will take care of my Medicare and drug plan and give me extra money to afford an apartment. At least in Kentucky, I can make RSO. Now learning how to make it and get the supplies.

I think they're required to give you 24 hours notice before entering.
But that doesn't give you much time to hide things and I'm not really suggesting that you grow somewhere you can't.
I took out my lease and reread it. It stated that they reserved the right to come in whether we were there or not. I didn't like that at all. We lived there less than a year and we had to move out because I was pregnant again.

I can make RSO. Now learning how to make it and get the supplies.
I suggest you start small, at room temp a crumbled bud in some close to 100 proof alcohol, in small jar, shake, pour into a container, air evaporate and scrape with a razor blade

I suggest you start small, at room temp a crumbled bud in some close to 100 proof alcohol, in small jar, shake, pour into a container, air evaporate and scrape with a razor blade
Do I strain the liquor? To get the plant part out?

I would but management has a bad habit of inspecting your apartment. They have a key and come in anytime they want. I found that out after my oldest rugrat was born, 40 years ago. I was in the bathroom with my daughter, on the loo, when I heard a knock on the door. Then I heard a key in the deadbolt. The management walked right in. I didn't like that one bit. Seems the owner was selling the building and someone wanted to look at it and the manager knew I was a stay-at-home mom.
If you had asked a lawyer for advice they would have told you the landlord was trespassing and needs some jail time. If you paid rent the premises are yours for that time period.

Just so you know, afghani even grown and cured for a normal time is terrible. It needs to cure for at least a year. But then it is hashish and you could do that growing it, drying it and after a short cure collecting the tricomes with dry ice.

If you had asked a lawyer for advice they would have told you the landlord was trespassing and needs some jail time. If you paid rent the premises are yours for that time period.

Just so you know, afghani even grown and cured for a normal time is terrible. It needs to cure for at least a year. But then it is hashish and you could do that growing it, drying it and after a short cure collecting the tricomes with dry ice.
I don't know what it is with the state of Kentucky, but I heard that in Section 8 Housing, they do inspect the apartment. Why? I don't know.

I'm looking for at least 90% Indica strain. I prefer 100% but I know landrace strains are getting hard to find. I use it for pain. Seems my skeletal system is turning against me.

I don't know what it is with the state of Kentucky, but I heard that in Section 8 Housing, they do inspect the apartment. Why? I don't know.
It has been years since I have talking to anyone using Section 8 Housing here in Michigan but the inspections are a real thing.

Basically they come in to be sure that the housing is in the same condition or better than when the person moved in.

I'm still kicking myself. I could be living in Carbondale, Illinois, and growing my own medicine. It seems that some older two-bedroom houses that have been remodeled were in my price range. One just hit the market today for $65k. It had everything I was looking for. Including a privacy fence. I'm going to start saving up and see if I can get a home loan from FHA or some other place that first-time or low-income buyers can go to.

Back
Top Bottom