What is happening to my newly-transplanted plants?

it's not mine

I just transplanted my 3 autos yesterday into their forever homes...7 gallon fabric pots, outdoors. Why am I getting yellowing of leaves? Check out the round yellow spot on leaf in upper right side. This is happening on all 3.

Soil is FFOF with a little coco coir, worm castings and perlite mixed in. Watered them lightly after transplanting. Put all 3 outside yesterday under a makeshift awning (wood frame with clear shower curtain) so they don't get killed if it rains heavy. I also gave them their first organic feeding 1/2 strength: Nector for the Gods basic nutes (2 tsp Medusa's Majic, 2 tsp Gaia Mania, 1tsp Zeus Juice and 1tsp Herculean Harvest) all mixed into 2 gallon bucket that gently watered the 3 plants.

Temperature in the 80's and humid. No wind. I don't think it's critters since they've only been out overnight. I researched what it could be but I'm stumped. Organic Nutes with the FFOF causing it? Transplant stress?

Edit: PH is about 6+

IMG_0497.JPG

Hey INM. Interesting. Are you sure that the yellow spots weren't already developing before the transfer? I'm not versed in FFOF so I don't know whether you can use organic nutrients with it or not. How old are the plants? It might be transplant stress but I can't be certain. I think keeping an eye on it would be wise and in a worse case scenario move onto chemical nutrients. I have solved some serious issues with my organic plants by doing this. Sorry I can't be of more help

I wouldn’t do anything drastic. I transplanted a Northern Lights auto a couple of months ago. She was looking terrible, a lot worse than yours, and I almost gave up on her. I just did a small adjustment on her nutes and kept an eye on her. She’s doing great now and is my best looking plant. Like you, I am also growing outside, in fabric pots, in soil.

Has it been windy? My leaves sometimes look like that when they’ve been wind-whipped. They’ve also gotten burned when a dog peed on them — is that a possibility?
We've had some wind but I made sure the plants were mostly protected when I took them outside. Right now, they are under an awning I built and they are protected on the top and on the sides. They're protected from the back by the garage wall it sits against. No issues with doggos here.

I wouldn’t do anything drastic. I transplanted a Northern Lights auto a couple of months ago. She was looking terrible, a lot worse than yours, and I almost gave up on her. I just did a small adjustment on her nutes and kept an eye on her. She’s doing great now and is my best looking plant. Like you, I am also growing outside, in fabric pots, in soil.
Yeah, I'm not that worried. I was more concerned with fixing it if they had any major issues. For now, I'm not going to touch them and I'll water them only when they ask for water :D

That’s probably best for now. What size pots were they in before the transplant? There should be enough nutes in the FFOF to last for a little while.

If it were me, I’d probably trim off those leaves at bottom that are damaged.

Do you have any pics of the other plants?

I’m not familiar the nutes you’re using. I’m using Mega Crop. I used the FF trio last year. Mega Crop is so much easier and I better I think.

The fact your new leaves look good means the plant is overall doing Ok, in my estimation. I’m only in my second year of growing weed but I have been gardening for decades and have found that older leaves get ragged and that doesn’t necessarily mean the plant is overall in trouble.
If it were just on the bottom old leaves I'd totally agree with you. But look at that yellow spot in the top leaf & it looks like other leaves may be starting to get the same thing. Remember ... Today's problem started last week so you can't let it go too long. OP said he was adjusting to about pH 6. That alone can prevent uptake of certain nutes which in turn causes issues. Therefore the 1st thing to do is feed at the correct pH of 6.4 - 6.5 to see if it fixes things IMO.

I don't believe it’s necessary to adjust the nute pH in soil. I grow outside, in soil, in fabric pots and I never check my pH. FFOF is a quality soil and should be able to buffer just fine. I don’t know how many people have read it, but go read the discussion that @InTheShed started on whether we need to adjust the pH of nutes. Lots of good info.

Also, I went and looked at the Nector for the gods nutes the OP is using. It looks to me like there is a lot of “P” but not so much N or K. My understanding is our plants like an NPK ratio around 2-1-3.

Back
Top Bottom