What is the most resistant strain to bud rot, botrytis?

LIAB

Every crop gets affected. And I always have to harvest earlier than I want. Im in need of some new seeds and would like some help with choosing the best strain for my climate. I live in a very humid tropical place . Root aphids mites pm botrytis are major concerns.

Hey @LIAB

I live in the tropical zone in Hawaii and I'm dealing with the same problem... mold and bud rot. So, I decided to start a search for mold resistant strains, and you can check out my thread here:

My new plants are coming along, but it will be a while before they are ready to flower. I already have a Blue Dream hybrid that is fairly mold resistant, but not fully. Also a Maui Wowie that does pretty well. I also have a CBD pheno that is highly mold resistant.

I get more mold this time of year, when the sun is still low in the south. I get dark mold spots on the underside of leaves, bud rot, and lately also PM. I've never seen PM before on my plants, so I think it's probably seasonal to this time of year.

What strains have you grown that get bud rot? Have you ever grown Blueberry, White Widow, or any strains that contain those genetics? How about ChemDog?

happy growing! 🌱

I have no experience with this strain but AMS by Greenhouse states mold resistance

"The AMS is one of the most classic outdoor strains from the Green House Seeds catalog. It has won its popularity because of its extreme resistance to pest and fungus, so much so that was named for this quality: Anti Mold Strain Is what AMS stands for, aside from being a little tribute to Amsterdam City.".........

I have no experience with this strain but AMS by Greenhouse states mold resistance

"The AMS is one of the most classic outdoor strains from the Green House Seeds catalog. It has won its popularity because of its extreme resistance to pest and fungus, so much so that was named for this quality: Anti Mold Strain Is what AMS stands for, aside from being a little tribute to Amsterdam City.".........
In stock at Zamnesia, Herbies, and a bunch of others. It's a cross between Swiss sativa and Swiss indica.

Has anyone used solution grade gypsum as a foliar spray to control mold and bud rot?

CALCIUM (Ca) 22.5%
SULFUR (S) 17.5%
Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate (CaSO4·2H2O) 97.0%

Hey @LIAB

I live in the tropical zone in Hawaii and I'm dealing with the same problem... mold and bud rot. So, I decided to start a search for mold resistant strains, and you can check out my thread here:

My new plants are coming along, but it will be a while before they are ready to flower. I already have a Blue Dream hybrid that is fairly mold resistant, but not fully. Also a Maui Wowie that does pretty well. I also have a CBD pheno that is highly mold resistant.

I get more mold this time of year, when the sun is still low in the south. I get dark mold spots on the underside of leaves, bud rot, and lately also PM. I've never seen PM before on my plants, so I think it's probably seasonal to this time of year.

What strains have you grown that get bud rot? Have you ever grown Blueberry, White Widow, or any strains that contain those genetics? How about ChemDog?

happy growing! 🌱
The strain I have is a mix with the local landrace and a decent bag seed of kush . For the male and a ethos lemon amnesia auto for the mom . I've been told by brotanical gardens that their lilac deisel would be best from them . But I'm anxious to read your thread. Here's some pics of what I got. I put them outside sometimes to save electricity.

IMG_20230131_120532.jpg

IMG_20230131_120523.jpg

micronized or wettable sulfur is a preventative for both pm and botyritis plus has other benefits too since it works as miticide & fungicide

Hey 808,

I should have added… sulfur can be used as soil additive, for dry application like dusting or mixed with water for foliar spray

however be sure to read and understand your ipm gear labels… when sulfur isused as foliar spray there is conflict between sulfur and oil based foliar products… theres supposed to be a 2 week gap between foliar sulfur and foliar oil based sprays… plus might help to spray mist your foliage with plain water a couple of times

Anywho mixing sulfur & oil within 2 weeks time is not advised & can burn up your leaves

Back
Top Bottom