What is this and what does it do?

beard o

A friend gave this to me and aside from water temp, I'm not sure what it does? I already have a Bluelab pH gauge.
Any ideas?

IMG_20240103_221219.jpg

A friend gave this to me and aside from water temp, I'm not sure what it does? I already have a Bluelab pH gauge.
Any ideas?

IMG_20240103_221219.jpg
It measures EC (electrical conductivity) of the water the salts . I personally don't measure EC i only measure PPM (parts per million) to get the right nutrient levels in my reservoir and pH

ok, thanks. So this is pretty much for hydro?
Or adjusting your nutrients strength you are watering plants with if you are using synthetic nutrients
Im pretty sure TDS (total dissolved solids) is PPM (parts per million) it is on my meter

ok, thanks. So this is pretty much for hydro?

it's for anyone using bottle nutes or mixing dry nutes dissolved in water. it has more relevance in hydro but is used in most media. the majority of growers outside of pure hydro use it to monitor but get used to working without it.

i use it religiously with some nutes, and barely ever with others. it's more useful with bottle nutes. that's a good brand for an ec meter as well, it's a quality item.

Back
Top Bottom