What is this?

Gavinc1

420 Member
I am no master grower , nor am I a first timer. I have grown for a few years now and have never seen this. This is Jungle Fruit , I had a buddy give me some seeds and I decided to give them a try. This is the only one of the three I am growing, that have solid white areas on the buds. It doesn't seem to be a fungus or anything like that. Smell is incredibly sweet like fruit loops.

IMG_20211229_133941843.jpg

IMG_20211229_133933340.jpg

IMG_20211229_133918395.jpg

Happens often enough and does not seem to be a problem.

In this thread the same thing came up in one of the later msgs. Click on the link and read through to the end, about another 10 msgs or so, so it will not take much time. Our fellow member @InTheShed mentions that it is a type of light bleaching.

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/so-i-messed-up-what-can-i-do.504609/post-5423099

Here are the photos I had taken during the harvest process and later ended up posting in the link above which show the same sort of thing as on your bud.

full

full

I am no master grower , nor am I a first timer. I have grown for a few years now and have never seen this. This is Jungle Fruit , I had a buddy give me some seeds and I decided to give them a try. This is the only one of the three I am growing, that have solid white areas on the buds. It doesn't seem to be a fungus or anything like that. Smell is incredibly sweet like fruit loops.

IMG_20211229_133941843.jpg

IMG_20211229_133933340.jpg

IMG_20211229_133918395.jpg
I would guess you are using LED lighting, this is one of the rare effects of growing with LED lights and means your lights are too close leading to bleaching of that bud.

Ok that is what it is , thanks for the replies/info. I will need to switch to flowering earlier next time. My tent is 80" tall and they're touching the light which is at its highest point. My autopot system keeps them extremely happy and thriving. The original post pics are of a jungle fruit that was in this tent but was getting blocked out but the banana og x trainwreck in my tent. Moved her to a smaller box that is 72".

39014.jpeg

39019.jpeg

39020.jpeg

Nice looking plants so far. A decent harvest is coming your way before long.

I will need to switch to flowering earlier next time. My tent is 80" tall and they're touching the light which is at its highest point.
Or read up on the various training techniques. If I think that the branch is going to grow to high out of the sweet zone I will bend it over slowly and carefully till I feel the woody center of the stem crush. The top of that particular branch is now horizontal and each node or bud site will then start to grow up towards the light once again. Just have to be sure that the stem stays horizontal and that means that you might have to tie some of the stems down.

I would have done some sort of bending over at a level about 4-6 inches below the top screen.

Look up supercropping for more explanations, picture and so on.

Back
Top Bottom