What is your tap water's PPM?

MaoZebong

What the thread title says.

I just received my EC meter, and was quite surprised when I checked my tap water.

At ~22C it's at ~70 PPMs.

Anyone else want to share?

Thanks for the replies, guys. I should probably mention that I live about an hour outside Oslo in Norway.

Mine in southern Cali/OC is 350 to 400...I went out and bought a R/O DI system and now my water is 0ppm :)

Do you guys drink the 350ppm water? What does it taste like?

As for 70ppm, would you advice against using that for growing?

Do you guys drink the 350ppm water? What does it taste like?

As for 70ppm, would you advice against using that for growing?

My city water tastes like crap...it smells like a swimming pool because it has so much chlorine, they also dye the water blueish because the natural sediment gives the water a brown color, and it tastes like its full of minerals and other crap.. ever since I got my R/O I don't drink my city water...

Often water with a bit higher PPM tastes fine, as the minerals are what give the water a pleasant taste. Drinking water has minerals for the flavor aspect. FWIW, my tap is about 300-350ppm (haven't checked it real recently) or so, and tastes surprisingly good. :)

If I had 70 ppm water without heavy chloramines I would definitely be happy to use it on my plants...

Often water with a bit higher PPM tastes fine, as the minerals are what give the water a pleasant taste. Drinking water has minerals for the flavor aspect. FWIW, my tap is about 300-350ppm (haven't checked it real recently) or so, and tastes surprisingly good. :)

That makes sense.

If I had 70 ppm water without heavy chloramines I would definitely be happy to use it on my plants...

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Before testing the water, I was worried I'd have to start buying water, which always feels a bit of a waste.

Back
Top Bottom