What light schedule when you don't know your seed?

I feel ya man. Not knowing what you got is not good. Your basically stuck between a rock and a hard place. 12/12 will not benefit if you have an auto as . @013 mentioned. And if you do have a feminized photo plant. I’d be afraid a switch back to 20/4 could hermie your plant. But if it is a photo at 2 weeks flip in 12/12. This is where you wanna be.
Okay thanks, that's good to know. I think I will just keep her at 12/12 for now then. And looking back she is actually more like 3 weeks since flip.

Okay thanks, that's good to know. I think I will just keep her at 12/12 for now then. And looking back she is actually more like 3 weeks since flip.
Dude I’m hoping you saw some early preflower as @013 mentioned also. I’m betting she’s a photo. Did she start showing more pistils around 7 days after flip? Did she start to stretch or is she stretching? She looks like she’s where she should be for a photo. I’m only saying this because she looks to be at the same progress my photos were. These are at 2 weeks in flower. I flip then after 7 days I start my countdown.

25B47718-00EC-454A-B2EA-07DF726FF360.jpeg
DB594474-9302-4654-9AB7-F74D1AD9019F.jpeg

I never heard of one photo flowering on it's own. You can keep photoperiods in veg for years.
No forget, get one transition period from when lights flip. 5-10 should finish, your tops will look as they are now with pistils growing outta them. That's when you start your first day of flower. Then the flowering stretch for the first 2 weeks, plant will still need nitrogen as it's still growing in overall size. After stretch plant going want higher amounts of phosphorus and potassium. Your lady is one looker for sure brah :shaka:

Starting with an unknown strain is a definite disadvantage. There are three basic types. Northern strains are ruderalis. They flower at a given age automatically (auto flower). Indica grow in central latitudes and day length triggers flowering. Sativas are equatorial where the days only shift from 14 hour days in summer and 11 hours of day in the winter. Lighting is more of a suggestion when they are old enough. If I wait too long my sativas will start flowering under 18/6.

Purple dragon is is an Indica dom strain. The auto would be crossed with a ruderallis. So you are at the extreme crap shoot of hybrids. Keeping it at 12/12 may lower yield on an auto but increasing the light on a photo will hermi it effecting quality. I would rather have a small harvest of good smoke than allot of seedy crap. I would stick to 12/12. You can bump to 13/11 in the last 2 weeks to fatten them.

_Cannabis_Plant.jpg

Dude I’m hoping you saw some early preflower as @013 mentioned also. I’m betting she’s a photo. Did she start showing more pistils around 7 days after flip?
Yes and yes. I'm thinking it was early preflower and she has shown greatly the weeks thereafter.
Not sure but you may get more hits if you ask the question “ Is this an Autoflower or Photoperiod” in a new thread
I know what you mean, I wanted to but I also didn't want to be a hassle starting multiple threads on the same topic :Rasta:

I would rather have a small harvest of good smoke than allot of seedy crap. I would stick to 12/12. You can bump to 13/11 in the last 2 weeks to fatten them.
I agree with you 100% I will stick with 12/12 to be safe. I think she is coming along well, I will take update pics tonight or tomorrow hopefully. I've never tried the 13/11 or heard of it to be honest. This is a thing?? Lol

Northern strains are ruderalis
Why does no one ever speak of this type? Or is it just a fancy name for hybrid?

Hybrid is just any genetic mix of "pure" genetics. Ruderalis is one of the three species of cannabis. In Northern US/ Canada it was once refer to as norther ditch weed. It has a very low yeild with low THC and CBD. It was never grown for commercial or medical purposes. Just grew wild with no one interested in it. Growers realized they could hybrid with it to get key ruderalis characteristics. This is where autoflower, and micro grow plants came from.

Hybrid is just any genetic mix of "pure" genetics. Ruderalis is one of the three species of cannabis. In Northern US/ Canada it was once refer to as norther ditch weed. It has a very low yeild with low THC and CBD. It was never grown for commercial or medical purposes. Just grew wild with no one interested in it. Growers realized they could hybrid with it to get key ruderalis characteristics. This is where autoflower, and micro grow plants came from.
Cool thanks for the info.

Here's a few new pics. Just cause.
PXL_20220131_174138026.jpg

PXL_20220131_174224611.jpg

PXL_20220131_174307285.jpg

PXL_20220131_174233657.jpg

I was rushing when I responded and for got to answer your other questions. You switch to 12/12 for photo type plants. The reasoning is, it throws the plant into panic mode thinking winter is coming so I better get to flowering quick. For example growing outdoors here, flowering starts mid august at 14/10,September first still has 13/11. Harvest is at the end of September when it is just hitting 12/12. So in nature the bulk of the flowering is done at 13/11.That is at least for the Indica dom strains in this area.

I posted the picture without clarifying what you were looking for. Note the number of fingers on the leaves and how Ruderalis is short with little to no side branching. You will see hints of these recessive traits in a auto flower. Without a side by side photo and auto of the same genetics they are hard to spot. On Indica autos leaf fingers 6 and 7 may be vary small. It may resist side branching and favor one main line.

The sub genus or subspecies Cannabis ruderalis, or Cannabis sativa var. spontanea is found in northern europe, russia and asia. Cannabis ruderalis has adapted in a norther climate with short growth period with diminished daylight environment and whose reproductive life cycle is unaffected by the hours of light exposure. Cannabis ruderalis will complete its life cycle in the short growing season found in the northern Siberian territory environment. Cannabis ruderalis has the ability to flower automatically without light cycle changes and is commonly termed an auto flower. Both cannabis sativa and cannabis indica are termed photoperiod plants which require a change of 12 hours minimum or less of light to flower.

Back
Top Bottom