What strain is this?

zac

420 Member
I am a couple days from harvest. This is my second grow with the strain Cali OG Kush from Crop Seed Kings, and three of the plants look like expected, but one is different. The cola is completely different shaped on the larger stalks. The second picture of from one of the other three plants. Did I get a seed from another strain? If so, any guess what it is...because it grew amazing!

Zac

20220223_072804.jpg

20220223_072809.jpg

20220220_185855.jpg

2022_02_23_07_26_23_847.jpg

The cannabis plant in the first photographs displaying what is termed Fox tailing and is undesirable. Certain cannabis strains are prone to stress which displays stress as vegetative growth during flower by elongating the bud structure into less dense bud material. High heat with high humidity, abnormally high pH and nutrient imbalances can cause otherwise stable genetics to display Fox tail bud formations from environmental stress. When breeders do not do the required work to select 1 and only 1 superior phenotype and over successive generations stabilize genetics to create what is termed a strain that accentuates the desirable properties into reproducible results. When persons for financial reasons rush these unstable seeds into the marketplace we commonly see plants that do not follow any certain growth pasterns or display any characteristic associated with true cannabis strains even among the same seed batch created from same source lineage. The term strain originates from the sieve and removing any stray undesirable elements to filter out what is of no usage, undesirable or harmful.

You may ask what is the harm? The cannabis plants have no amount of excess energy to devote to additional bud elongation during flower and every required additional effort depletes from harvest yield and or quality and potency. Any additional energy diversion depletes limited energy availability and stores. When environmental issues trigger a plant to activate its survival mechanism to reach reproduction the plants focus on normal development is stunted.

I also do not enjoy trimming fox tail cannabis buds as the increased amount of additional time and effort to remove pin leaf and wispy larf from the buds are better expended on mater of greater importance.

Fox tail is also documented to occurs on ornamental flower plants and certain evergreens.

In the photographs we see 3/4 plants display similar growth characteristics and the old children's game of one thing is not like the others presents itself. 4 plants grow under identical environment, 1 is not like the others.

My belief is the Crop King Seeds genetics in this seed variety are not stable to qualify as a cannabis strain.

Back
Top Bottom