What supplement nutes should I use

buldoz3r

Hi guys,

Flower week 3 started today. I use only below general hydroponics trio.

It's a photo plant...

I wanna add some supplements to have big buds.

I have limited options like:
AN Big Buds, Atami Bio Bloombastic,Atami Bloombastic, Terra Aquatica Bloom Booster, Biobizz Bio Bloom, Plagron Alga Bloom.

Please check photos, i didn't use any other nuts. So, should I continue with them or should I add one of them above for yields.

general-hydroponics-flora-series-clear[1].jpg

1617557323314.png

IMG_4337.JPG

IMG_4338.JPG

IMG_4339.JPG

Howdy buldoz3r! Lovely looking sativa you have there. :thumb:

Honestly, a plant that isn't showing deficiencies is the happiest plant there is. As long as they have the right amounts of NPK and the micronutrients, nothing you add will make your buds bigger. Flowering plants need the same nitrogen in flower as they do in veg, and nowhere near as much phosphorus as we are sold.

Some of the best growers I've seen using synthetic nutes run 5-1-5 or 2-1-3 from start to harvest. Yes they're completely different, but you notice neither of them look like they are trying to force feed the plant P or K in flower. You can't actually force a plant to take up nutrients by adding them to the substrate, they need to need it first. And you know they need it when you see deficiencies.

If you're dead set on using supplements during flower, finding one that is just potassium (0-0-X) would be the only one to try after you have established that the plants are getting what they need to look happy. And then boost it very slowly, as recovering from potassium toxicity isn't fun!

The way to increase the size of your buds is by getting them enough light and the correct temps and humidity, and a balanced diet. :)

an investment in a better light is gonna go much further than anything you can pour on them.

light is the number 1 thing that will effect development. there's no such thing as bottled light.

Instead of nutes I'd buy a kill-a-watt device from the web or hardware store and see how much power your light is using to see where you're at.
Then Maybe some worm castings and/or some Mammoth P.
Otherwise light! See if you can get up to 50W/square foot. Actual watts not "equivalent watts". Just because something has 100 x 5w diodes in it doesn't make it a 500w light. Most LED fixtures are driven around 50%, often less.
I'd start at the hardware store for the kill-a watt and worm poo

Howdy buldoz3r! Lovely looking sativa you have there. :thumb:

Honestly, a plant that isn't showing deficiencies is the happiest plant there is. As long as they have the right amounts of NPK and the micronutrients, nothing you add will make your buds bigger. Flowering plants need the same nitrogen in flower as they do in veg, and nowhere near as much phosphorus as we are sold.

Some of the best growers I've seen using synthetic nutes run 5-1-5 or 2-1-3 from start to harvest. Yes they're completely different, but you notice neither of them look like they are trying to force feed the plant P or K in flower. You can't actually force a plant to take up nutrients by adding them to the substrate, they need to need it first. And you know they need it when you see deficiencies.

If you're dead set on using supplements during flower, finding one that is just potassium (0-0-X) would be the only one to try after you have established that the plants are getting what they need to look happy. And then boost it very slowly, as recovering from potassium toxicity isn't fun!

The way to increase the size of your buds is by getting them enough light and the correct temps and humidity, and a balanced diet. :)
Great info buddy :love::love: thank you. Is it really sativa? I'm in doubt here. I defoliated so many huge leafs last 3 weeks. bought it as Thai Stick sativa but i'm not sure.

an investment in a better light is gonna go much further than anything you can pour on them.

light is the number 1 thing that will effect development. there's no such thing as bottled light.
Thanks dude, i'm planning this for my next grow.

Instead of nutes I'd buy a kill-a-watt device from the web or hardware store and see how much power your light is using to see where you're at.
Then Maybe some worm castings and/or some Mammoth P.
Otherwise light! See if you can get up to 50W/square foot. Actual watts not "equivalent watts". Just because something has 100 x 5w diodes in it doesn't make it a 500w light. Most LED fixtures are driven around 50%, often less.
I'd start at the hardware store for the kill-a watt and worm poo
Thanks dude, you're right... I have only 250W hps and 600W (one of the scam leds) working together. I know they are shitty - no need to check watts for now. I will complete everything for the next grow.

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Great info buddy :love::love: thank you. Is it really sativa? I'm in doubt here. I defoliated so many huge leafs last 3 weeks. bought it as Thai Stick sativa but i'm not sure.

Thanks dude, i'm planning this for my next grow.

Thanks dude, you're right... I have only 250W hps and 600W (one of the scam leds) working together. I know they are shitty - no need to check watts for now. I will complete everything for the next grow.

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:
I used cheap Chinese blurple LED's I bought online for my first few grows and even though the fluffy buds they yielded weren't the most amazing, it was still WAY better than having to meet a guy in a parking lot somewhere and pay him a lot of money for a small baggy of herb!!

Back
Top Bottom