What to use as a pot?

joca94

Hello, I'm a first time grower and I germinated Dark Devil Auto, now, since I can't seem to find big enough pots I had an idea, could I possibly grow them in 2l bottles or water, coca-cola etc, or should I get 5-6l water ballons as they are the similar height but balloons are square-ish and are wider. Btw I'm growing on a terrace

Hello, I'm a first time grower and I germinated Dark Devil Auto, now, since I can't seem to find big enough pots I had an idea, could I possibly grow them in 2l bottles or water, coca-cola etc, or should I get 5-6l water ballons as they are the similar height but balloons are square-ish and are wider. Btw I'm growing on a terrace

You should start them in something small, like a Dixie cup or similar, then go up in size. If you start in a larger container, the roots won't utilize a lot of the space in the middle, they spread out along the top and them circle around the sides. Transplanting several times makes better use of the soil you have. Whatever you use, make sure it has lots of drainage and it won't let light through. Light hitting the roots will stop them from growing and can also lead to algae growth.

image28199.jpg

Here is a little something to help.. #1 is on there because of contamination, it holds what's stored in there, is a basic summary... Good luck..

I use storage bins. They are low and rectangular, and use the wasted space that would normally be between round pots. I buy them cheap and drill one 1/4" hole in each corner. I use the lid for a tray to catch the runoff when I water.

Back
Top Bottom