Whatever Happened To Christmas Tree?

After 18 months and 3 crossings, to Tampa Crippy, PTK and soon w NL 2, I will have combined the ultimate in pinene terps, that appears to be faster flowering. The Xmas bud known as beasters/mids, won’t be that anymore. It’s potency will be on par w OG Kush. This particular plant I’m about to show, has spicy peppery odors like a sativa, but an early sample revealed minty-pine. If NOT for seed maturity, this is nearly done at 40 days, which I anticipate 55 max for full seed maturation. Anyway here’s a tease of the new Xmas bud to come in 2023.

8C50CCF6-A9DD-4AB2-A06C-A43A37EEA681.jpeg
F177C6D5-71BF-4939-BA6A-A0DC665FEA7C.jpeg
A150D7E9-5125-4FCB-A537-99AA0E0370A7.jpeg
95C9405F-A3F6-4CBD-AAD8-FB9B0F144B12.jpeg
356E351B-591D-4DBB-82FB-22DBE48B136E.jpeg

Back in the day we used to get a variety of Cannabis we called "Christmas Tree". I'm not sure of it's lineage, but it was a very good strain and always seemed to come around in the fall time.

True to it's name, it was very lime green in color and the terpene notes were that of a piney, almost cedar smell and the high was an amazing cerebral (Sativa) head high, it was a great daytime smoke.

I have done some searching for a Christmas Tree strain, but I have yet to see it in any seed banks and haven't even heard mention of it since the 90's.

Does anyone remember this or was it just purely something geographical that we called it in my area?

We also had something that we called "Red Haired Sensimilla" back in those days and I haven't heard that name mentioned since the 90's either.

It would be great to know the lineage of these older strains as I'm pretty sure they would fall under the land race category?
In Australia we had something similar maybe the same . It was just called hydro skunk weed aground 1985 - 1990 for myself . Looking around all I found just going on smell / skunk /indoor/hydro/and colour was ORANGE BUD . it fitted the time line for maybe a match. I haven't grown any but it would be a starting point to try for a match.

Back in the day we used to get a variety of Cannabis we called "Christmas Tree". I'm not sure of it's lineage, but it was a very good strain and always seemed to come around in the fall time.

True to it's name, it was very lime green in color and the terpene notes were that of a piney, almost cedar smell and the high was an amazing cerebral (Sativa) head high, it was a great daytime smoke.

I have done some searching for a Christmas Tree strain, but I have yet to see it in any seed banks and haven't even heard mention of it since the 90's.

Does anyone remember this or was it just purely something geographical that we called it in my area?

We also had something that we called "Red Haired Sensimilla" back in those days and I haven't heard that name mentioned since the 90's either.

It would be great to know the lineage of these older strains as I'm pretty sure they would fall under the land race category?
We used to smoke red hair sensamilla, pine sensamilla and and Christmas tree growing up in a small town in Texas in the early and late 80's. Sensamilla is a cultivation process of separating the male from the female plant that caused her not to produce seeds therefore making her buds more potent. Personally I believe pine sensamilla and Christmas tree are one in the same it depends on who's selling it determines the name lol

Back in the 90's here in Mass. we had something called pine trees. It was my first taste of sensimila,it was florescent green and no seeds got ya high as fudge. Shortly after the same looking weed became very abundant and was called "sensi" my thinking is this was all part of the inside growing movement. From my personal experience growing sensimila outdoors is really difficult. plants grown outside taste much different than ones grown indoors.now I haven't grown outside since 1989, so I might not know what I'm talking about, plus I'm a bit high at the moment
Looks like that old pine sensamilla and Christmas tree to me

We used to smoke red hair sensamilla, pine sensamilla and and Christmas tree growing up in a small town in Texas in the early and late 80's. Sensamilla is a cultivation process of separating the male from the female plant that caused her not to produce seeds therefore making her buds more potent. Personally I believe pine sensamilla and Christmas tree are one in the same it depends on who's selling it determines the name lol

Is this what you guys are looking for? I have seeds. Haven't grown them out because the are regulars. Now that our state is legal I will give them a run next fall.

Ours was Northern lights that was my first experience with a hydro set up back in the late 80's ,1987 to be exact
The northern lights of today seemed to have lost that as I've noticed on a few others like the Maui and the white widow. I asked the same questions about what the HELL HAPPENED??? I've been on the hunt for Flavor of what you are saying myself

In my little hillbilly area growing up in the 90's we used to get the christmas tree weed, and the Red Hair was one of my favorites also.Two seprate things though the pine scent was usualy the pale green. It was a pretty sure way of knowing a bag of weed was good.

I hadn't seen any here for a long time, but I think the genetics has worked its way into our local homegrown bagseed stuff and been diluted.
I recently got an og kush as a freebe, well labeled that way at least. It peaked my interest and I read up everything I could about OG Kush and I think the Christmas tree weed and posibly the Red hair came from the same area in Florida.
In the 90's a we still had a lot of Powder coming in from Florida, and I think thats where the Christmas tree weed was coming from too.
My guess is the Christmas Tree is a different pheno or precurser to OG Kush... really just a guess.
Somone who really knows the Florida history of OG Kush before it's Cali treck might know where to find the Christmas Tree.
Jeezus I'm from west central FL, pasco county. And that sounds exactly like my area growing up in durning thebsame time. Hell yeah!!!

Back
Top Bottom