Christmas Buds! Mid 1990's strain: Anyone remember and know what strain?

I found a pack last night
I grew four seeds of xmas bud last year from csi humboldt. They were healthy plants that all got huge, but unfortunately all four were males. I took a break from growing over the winter, and now i have 2 more xmas buds that that just sprouted, hoping one of these will be female. What about you, have you sprouted any of yours yet.

I grew four seeds of xmas bud last year from csi humboldt. They were healthy plants that all got huge, but unfortunately all four were males. I took a break from growing over the winter, and now i have 2 more xmas buds that that just sprouted, hoping one of these will be female. What about you, have you sprouted any of yours yet.
No not yet I have a full tent right now. Will probably grow them out either next grow or the one after that. Was excited to finally find a pack.

Hey everyone....

Back in Chicagoland and I believe throughout the midwest, around every Christmas there used to be a strain that came out called Christmas buds. I mentioned this on another thread but felt it deserved its own thread in search of what it exactly was.

These buds were so delicious, a mix between a pinetree and a peppermint candy cane and were nice pinecone shaped buds, very dense, with bright green and bright red hairs. I remember just a small 1 hitter packed with the christmas nugs was very strong and would hit your lungs like you just inhaled quick dry cement...very very strong high....

I have been wondering for years if anyone knows what strain or genetics these "christmas buds" came from? I know that I have seen people saying, "its just some bud that someone put a name on" which I highly doubt is true because it was consistant for a few years in a row that I could remember, always the same taste, look, and heavy inhale...

I would love to hear if anyone knows anything about this strain/cut/genetics because I would love to see if their still available and get my hands on some :) Also would love to see how many people got a chance to experience this wonderful tasting annual treat...

I would say this probably was around 1991-1995 or so... and I was in Chicagoland at the time..
Hey guys I know the exact strain u are talking about.. I have saved the genetics and am bringing them to the market soon... If u guys have any questions let me know

Hey guys I know the exact strain u are talking about.. I have saved the genetics and am bringing them to the market soon... If u guys have any questions let me know
Can you tell us more about what you have? like does it have a strain name? did you create it, and if so, what crosses are in it? What era/years did you save it from? Did you save it in seed form or clone/tissue culture?

Definitely a lot of people over the years have been looking for the legendary christmas buds.

Here it is after two years of trying i finally got one female xmas bud out of six plants and two grows.
DSC09155.JPG

these look fantastic. You're really making me want to pop these xmas bud seeds next run.
Thanks! These are turning out pretty good. Every time you brush a hand up against a leaf you can smell it strongly on your hand, these seem like they should turn out quite potent. You should pop a couple on your next grow, it's been twenty years since i had xmas bud and i cant wait till these are ready. From the best i can tell the flowering time is about two months, so i should have about another month to go.

Between 10 to 15 years ago I used to pickup seeded bud for like $120 A zip here in MA before legalization.
It was an indica stone, didn't smoke like a sativa at all.
It had an overwhelming smell of pine, and since then I had never came upon bud that smelled so strongly of pinene. Out of the best batches I saved seeds and have them labeled as "Xmas Tree Bud", I might pop some if they're still viable.

Alright, so i just smoked some for the first time in twenty years about an hour ago. The high is great, i am very stoned but, it's not leaving me dull and unable to think quickly. It has given me a little bit of energy and left me feeling in an overall very good mood. I was in a normal mood neither happy, sad, or angry before, but now i am very happy. Im thinking im going to get in between 2 to 3 ounces when it's done drying and curing. I really wish i would have grown this in the grow tent rather than just in the open basement with no reflective surfaces. I feel i could have gotten a couple of extra ounces out of it. The taste is great, the pine flavor really comes through. it's still hanging in the grow tent, but either tonight or tomorrow im going to put it in turkey baking bags and start to cure it. i will post the last pics after it dry enough to be cut off of the branches and weighed before storing.

Alright, so i just smoked some for the first time in twenty years about an hour ago. The high is great, i am very stoned but, it's not leaving me dull and unable to think quickly. It has given me a little bit of energy and left me feeling in an overall very good mood. I was in a normal mood neither happy, sad, or angry before, but now i am very happy. Im thinking im going to get in between 2 to 3 ounces when it's done drying and curing. I really wish i would have grown this in the grow tent rather than just in the open basement with no reflective surfaces. I feel i could have gotten a couple of extra ounces out of it. The taste is great, the pine flavor really comes through. it's still hanging in the grow tent, but either tonight or tomorrow im going to put it in turkey baking bags and start to cure it. i will post the last pics after it dry enough to be cut off of the branches and weighed before storing.
Congrats on your harvest Fuzzy. I'm so happy to see that you're using the Turkey bags to cure in, I used these on my last harvest and had the best results I've had to date.

Congrats on your harvest Fuzzy. I'm so happy to see that you're using the Turkey bags to cure in, I used these on my last harvest and had the best results I've had to date.
Yeah, i really like them. They are way better than using jars and having to burp many of them a day. You can fit a whole plant worth of bud and just have to open one bag per plant. A definite time saver for sure.

Between 10 to 15 years ago I used to pickup seeded bud for like $120 A zip here in MA before legalization.
It had an overwhelming smell of pine, and since then I had never came upon bud that smelled so strongly of pinene. Out of the best batches I saved seeds and have them labeled as "Xmas Tree Bud", I might pop some if they're still viable.
You should! I have been smoking a little of mine while it has been curing and it is really good! I really like how it gets me really high but still leaves me able to concentrate on the task at hand, and keep up in a conversation rather than just saying uh huh and wondering what the hell the other person was talking about. I grew some maui waui with this grow and it just leaves me brain dead and unable to focus on hardly anything.

Well here it is after alot of years trying to track down seeds, to multiple years of growing to finally get a female. This is the pic of my 79 Xmas bud I.B.L. after one month cured, destemmed and ready to be vacuum sealed and frozen. I got 2.18 ounces off of it. It was a long ways to go to get here but im glad i stuck with it. Twenty years since i last smoked it, twenty years too long.
DSC09286.JPG

I am unfamiliar with the term "zip" how much is that in ounces?

Back
Top Bottom