What's going on with these seeds?

Hi Fender, still much the same the larger plant is still growing nicely , the smaller one is still green but not doing anything really it's very strange only thing I can put it down to is bad or poor seed health

Hi Fender, still much the same the larger plant is still growing nicely , the smaller one is still green but not doing anything really it's very strange only thing I can put it down to is bad or poor seed health
Ah the larger one is going well that's good, yeah the little one was very close to death, so comeback will be difficult, if it's still green it's trying so don't give up on it yet.

weed roots need to be able to breathe oxygen thru the soil - which they can’t do in a continuously wet or damp soil. Adding more water does not equate to faster growth… it can lead to damping off, pests attack, root rot, etcetera… A seedling is tiny and only needs tiny amounts of water plus it needs water when it needs water and not every day based on a human dictated schedule. Weed plants need to see the range from wet soil all the way over to dry soil. Gravity works so when top of soil appears to be dry but the bottom where the roots are is still very much wet.
I am starting to believe that we are forgetting that continuously wet or damp soil and leaves will slow down and stop the plant's ability to take in the dissolved nutrients needed for healthy continuous growth.

Plants give off water vapor, oxygen and carbon dioxide as part of the normal function of the stomata on the underside of the leaves. If the leaf is sprayed with water it will create a humid micro-envirornment that does not allow the leaf to release water and the plant will not take in new water and nutrients through the roots.

In other words if the plant gives off water vapor through the leaves then a vacuum is created in the plant stems, etc and to replace that water the roots will absorb the replacement water through the roots. And with that water comes a new supply of dissolved nutrients.

Spraying a water mist onto the plant is something that makes more sense when working with cuttings that have not yet developed a root system. Those pieces of plant material will loose more water through the leaves than it can draw in through the end and sides of the stem that is sitting in wet soil or a container of water. And, some growers will trim leaf growth to reduce the amounts of water that can be lost while waiting for the roots. Once the roots start to develop the misting can stop.

Carry on..

Seeds have all the energy required to burst and begin growing, additional nutrients are harmful for seeds and seedlings. The green coloured balls are time released fertilizer in the soil mixture and too strong for seedlings. The grow medium with perlite you have transplanted the cannabis plants will work well. When you place your finger into the grow medium the soil should feel moist to damp but not wet. The seedlings require the grow medium does not become over saturated.

Many thanks to everyone for all your help and guidance as I said I am very very new to this.
One seedling is doing very well around 6.5 inches tall other still frozen in time at 1 cm but still green and living.
My question now is when to go under the led grow light and how to tell when it's sexualy mature enough to turn to flowering stage ???

There is no reason they can't be started under led grow lights, so put em there when you are ready to I guess?

As for how to tell when it is mature enough, typically you will start to see branches alternating 1 per node once it is mature. Up until then (while immature) they are two branches at each node, opposite of each other.

When a female cannabis plant is sexually mature it produces white pistils at the nodes signalling is able to flower naturally. Generally a female cannabis plant has grown to both sufficient size and sexual maturity at 8 weeks to flower.

What are you using as the light source and how far from the cannabis plants is the light mounted?

One seedling is doing very well around 6.5 inches tall other still frozen in time at 1 cm but still green and living.
My question now is when to go under the led grow light and how to tell when it's sexualy mature enough to turn to flowering stage ???
Maybe the plant has given all it can and there is nothing new to learn. If after all this time and the one is not growing then it might be time to either pull it and try another. Or, try moving it along with the other to the grow lights. Maybe that will give it a kick start.;).

Just an update, so one seed matured and the plant is now 7 inches tall in a pot under led grow light, it has a water meter. It's very hard not watering all the time but she is doing soooo well and for the first time I have a plant with zero Discolouration on the leaves.
Many thanks for all the advice guys

So guys my plant looks good it's 12 inch tall I have a moisture meter in all the time so not over watering it 😉. The top new leaves look great but I noticed the other leaves started to sort of pucker up on the very outer edge and has a slight colour variation can anyone help ???? It's under led light hence the strange colour in the photos sorry.

IMG20240311163815.jpg

IMG20240310134915.jpg

Hey Mr Woopie!

Oooh it’s hard to tell with those lights, looks very dark like too much N but serration looks like PK ask. Can you drop better pics tomoz?

Don’t take info from cheapie probe type meter too seriously… take a moisture reading from just the air and then take moisture reading while probe is submerged in water… pretty much the same reading huh?

Let’s get more info now that she’s bigger…

What size container is she riding in? How often are you watering? How much volume? How long before you water again? What prompts you to add more water? Are you adjusting ph? To what value?

So guys my plant looks good it's 12 inch tall
Take a photo so we can see the plant from the side. That sort of view helps give an idea of the way the plant is growing that we do not always get by just seeing the plant looking down at the top.

The focus looks good but the purple color makes it hard to see if there is anything going on that should be taken care of. Turn off the grow lights and just use normal white room light which will give us an idea of the true color of the leaves.

Is this one of the sprouted seeds in the photos from January?

Back
Top Bottom