What's the best way to set up CFL's for 2 plants?

i think its fine the way i did it, i dont want to play to much with it, its my first grow and i dont wanna mess it up to much. how long am i suppose to use lst and do i need to change sides every few days or weeks?
gigabane, now that you've helped me with the lights and reflective surface, do u think u can help me with the grow box itself.
at first it thought of just putting them on the floor with lights above, but now for me to put a reflective surrounding i need to have 4 walls to surround the plants. what would you suggest using as a grow box and can i use a fan only when i grow in a box without having vents and carbon filter or whatever their called, i dont know if i can use them and if they are complicated to use...
i would like to have the best environment for my plants to grow in.

i dont think you understand, im being polite, but you will probably break your plant the way you have it by yanking its roots sideways in the soil causing a dry air spot down the opposite side of your lst...or you will only be able to put so little pressure on it, it will take an age to bend right over.

ideally the LST shouldnt put any strain on the roots at all, but its your show bruv, just trying to be helpful ;)

i know you are, i thought it wasnt a big deal but since u say i should do it than i will.
ive been thinking.. if i buy 6-8 cfl's, the heat generated from them will be pretty big, in israel its 32c~ on average outside where i live, i was thinking MAYBE i should go for a 150mh with reflector instead of 8 bulbs (keeping in mind that i will have to get some bulbs for the sides as well).
what do you think about having a 150mh bulb? will it generate alot of heat? will the electricity bill be the same or bigger then using so many cfl's? will i need a cooling system or will a small fan be ok?

i have no experience with bulbs other than flouros friend, but i can answer a few things...if it draws 150 watts of electric, it will be the same cost as a collection of cfls equaling the same 150 w draw.

MH is for vegging as far as i know, so you would have to still get 2700k cfls or hps system for flowering effectively doubling your costs unless someone else can chime in with better knowledge on other light types.

as to the grow room design, i dont use intakes/outlets or carbon filters at all...tho to be fair once my plant count goes up more i will have to look into it.

the secret to passive systems is to work WITH natural thermodynamics. in your minds eye, turn your house upside down and imagine the heat 'falling' like the fog from dry ice from your plants and work out how it will hit the ceiling, rise a bit to the level of the top of the door then flow over it into the next room e.t.c

when you build the 4 walls of your grow tent make sure to leave at least 2 inches of clearance at the bottom. the hot air rising from the top will suck cold air into the room from the bottom.

fuck this is so complicated.. i keep thinking what i should do.. what lights to use.. what fans to use... what this what that..
i wish this was much simpler

fuck this is so complicated.. i keep thinking what i should do.. what lights to use.. what fans to use... what this what that..
i wish this was much simpler

If it was easy everyone would do it :)

heat and stealth issues

If you like scope through my outdoor journal. I deal with both problems growing in the burbs of the desert. Temps are routinely 110 even 115 and I have neighbors on every side that can see into my yard. My trials and tribulations might be able to help you not have so many.

I hope you don't mind me chiming in here. You had mentioned getting a 150MH light. If I were you I would get a HPS. HPS are much better for flowering and you can veg with it too or veg with your floros and them hit them with the HPS when you are ready to flower. Good Luck.

Howdy canirelax
just popping my head in to see how things are going.
i know its been a little while since ive posted but had a lot on =/

Did you decide which lights to go with in the end?

hey man, i havent had any progress since i all the posts were made, im busy right now setting my room up for a projector i just got. ive decided not to do this grow in my house but at a friends house where we will all pitch in y and buy the equip.
now that i have all the info that i needed i am ready to go whenever so thanks.
ps. i have really good mj at home, israeli's have the best ganja around, afterall -thc was discovered here.
the strain i smoke has 6% cbd and 6 thc and i tell you what, 3 hits and your high as a kite for a bout 3 hours, if you do it at night than the next morning you fill sorta high which is cool :D

good to hear.

lol i feel a bit like that this morning. im smoking some cheese strain atm. woke up still mashed, only had half a joint so far and im seriously couchlocked..not good i got a 3 mile walk to the dentist in just over an hour, lol

lol i wish i knew what my strain does, i just looked up cheese strain and i can see the effects, i have no idea what shit i smoke but its good shit and i know it.
question : should i stay with my 6 - 6 cbd thc or try something with more thc?

thats something you need to answer yourself my friend. i have been filling my lungs for the last 20 years and i still havnt found my perfect smoke. experiment. try finding pure breeds and testing them, you may like certain aspects of one and different aspects of another, so you then start looking at the cross breeds between the two and so on.

the perfect strain, just like the perfect lotus flower blossom, may take a lifetime to find, but every step of the journey is an experience unto itself =)

actualy im talking about medical marijuana that my mom gets. there are some strains with more cbd and others with more thc, im asking which would be better, more thc, more cbd or both or something else? xD
i dont intend on getting seeds that i know the strains off, im not risking ordering seeds online, i got someone who can give me unknown strain and try and see if its good.

I want the 18%+ THC myself.....WooHoo !

actually that 6/6 looks really good for me.
im looking for something that is even thc/cbd that is mild enough to chain smoke all day that has an up effect.

when i do have weed i have no ability to say no, lol so i need a day time smoke. i dont like couchlock unless its late at night.
cbd helps with the memory side effects. most of all i just need something that makes me feel better about being me and doesnt knock me for six.

Back
Top Bottom