When do you start saving trim?

Curly Beaver

First timer here.
At what point in the growing cycle is the trim worth saving? Yesterday I filled a one gallon baggy (compressed) with trim off some 3 month old plants still in veg. It was a bittersweet moment as I have been so protective of each and every leaf, then snip-snip, I got a big pile of them. Are they good for anything yet or should they just be pitched?

Make ultra-healthy smoothies! Best superfood ever :yummy:

Add some other fruit, like apples for sweetness and a drop of olive oil to leach out any cannabinoids.

Thanks for the reply Richard. I am glad to hear there are cannabinoids present even in vegging leaves. Never made a smoothy but I'll see what I can find.

I like saving the sugar leafs after trimming the bud up just before slow air drying... bubble bag hash, canna butter are some of my favorite use's.

I'm pretty sure you can use the whole plant including stem :thumb:

Waste not want not. I make tinctures from my leaves and stems. Even tho there is little in the way of THC's, there are a LOT of very healthy other cannabis-type compounds in the whole plant that are good for you. Be creative. Check out the recipe/edibles section of this site.

Back
Top Bottom