When & How To Harvest

Re: When & How To Harvest

What do you consider proper genetics? Couldn't think of anything else to write? As for how I pick mine it is written in this thread. I don't have time to explain it again but when you haven't been following along you shouldn't make comments that you are unsure of. Plus what is the science for the hairs and trichromes being connected? I would like to know. That is an old hippie way of harvesting. Before they had access to small handheld microscopes. That is why the weed was so inconsistent back in the old days before the medical marijuana started up. Good luck with your hairs!

Aussie weed is still inconsistent.. and every grower has his loupe out looking at those little balls of love.
By quality genetics, I mean, do you know what strain you are growing and from which breeder it originated? This makes growing much more 'scientific' as each region of the world produces different, slightly, plants.
If your searching for a rushy, cough inducing high, go for it, harvest them clear bubbles early.. Im after a smooth stone, end of the day type stuff most of the time.
Lots of people try to make an indica rushy, why not just grow sativas?
Do you harvest a white haired plant? Generally not.. Do you harvest a dark / curled / receded haired plant.. Generally yes.. Again, it's not a scientific approach, it's just handy if your growing weed without tools.

It'll probably be an end old debate.. "when to harvest" by the time we justify and explain ourselves silknsatin will have harvested and enjoyed her little Betsy. With this knowledge, it'll be up to you to chop her down when you are ready too. Let's us know and keep us updated please!

100x is way too much, ain't looking for DNA! 10 to 40x is plenty, rarely use one as I like to watch for all the sparkly diamond glittering
trichomes (not trichromes) with my naked eyeballs. When the girls ain't flashing them diamonds their heads come off!

Personally ..I harvest at 25% to 30% amber ..As iam looking for a good smooth couch lock stone ..When I harvest my girls..Also I don't wanna see barley any white pistols

Just kidding by the way. When it comes to "when harvest" there is a million opinions out there.

I prefer to wait until some of the trichomes are starting to turn amber. Because I like the stoned feeling. Others harvest when they are milky white because they like the high feeling.

So it's a matter of preference. Don't harvest them too early though. Then you'll use both yield and potency.

There's a million opinions on how to harvest as well. I personally like to cut the stem all the way down and then hang the entire plant upside down for a week. Then I do the trimming when the plants are dry. Then I cure the buds in jars for some weeks after that until they start smelling and tasting right :)

Thank you! All I wanted to know was, based on the photos I posted, how much longer before I could possibly harvest my plant? How will I know when it's time? How do I harvest it? Do I just cut off the top piece? Did anyone bother to READ the post? .

I don't like the couchlock effect too much. My Amnesium is mostly sativa and I will cut her around 15% amber. :)

Yeah, I definitely hate couchlock. I prefer euphoria, free-floating, free-thought...mind and body. I love to get into my music...and some great conversation.

Thank you! All I wanted to know was, based on the photos I posted, how much longer before I could possibly harvest my plant? How will I know when it's time? How do I harvest it? Do I just cut off the top piece? Did anyone bother to READ the post? .

If your buds underneath are not fully developed and you don't mind using the extra power to wait, you can take all the tops and leave the rest for longer. I just trim the whole works and get the new ones going.
If that is the information your looking for.

If your buds underneath are not fully developed and you don't mind using the extra power to wait, you can take all the tops and leave the rest for longer. I just trim the whole works and get the new ones going.
If that is the information your looking for.

Thank you! I've got two more going, a few weeks apart. So I've got plenty of time!

And yes, that was the other half of the equation .. I think I've got a pretty good idea of when to harvest, after all that was said...lol

I prefer couch lock any day. Use sativas mostly during daytime but in the evening it's all indica here

Yeah, I definitely hate couchlock. I prefer euphoria, free-floating, free-thought...mind and body. I love to get into my music...and some great conversation.

Ok you guys, what stage is my Betsy in now?
420-magazine-mobile1486976829.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1767354639.jpg
420-magazine-mobile797904789.jpg

Have I reached a point where it's just a matter of whether I want more energy vs couch?

Not quite yet IMO..you still got a good amount of white pistols coming out you want as many calaxys to mature as possible .Once the calaxys are mature the pistol will be brown or orange..Iam Guna say a week or soo possibly a little more ..but she's close and looking nice

Also keep in mind the last few weeks are the most crucial. Cannabis produces the bulk of its resin glands in the last couple weeks of it's cycle ..

Not quite yet IMO..you still got a good amount of white pistols coming out you want as many calaxys to mature as possible .Once the calaxys are mature the pistol will be brown or orange..Iam Guna say a week or soo possibly a little more ..but she's close and looking nice

Also keep in mind the last few weeks are the most crucial. Cannabis produces the bulk of its resin glands in the last couple weeks of it's cycle ..

Thank you .. Sounds about like the timeframes I heard last week. Hopefully the end of next week *fingers crossed* .. I want a nice mix tho...not too much couch lock.

Back
Top Bottom