When I plant my taproot to soil cup should I keep in dark in saran wrap for 2-3 days?

BENNY 420

When I put my taproot in a cup of soil should I cover it with Saran Wrap and keep it in the dark 1 to 2 days or can I put a cfl light on it right away I have been having problems with it it starts to grow and then looks like it just dries out and dies but I have been watering it with ph6.5 water what should I do?

Re: When I plant my taproot to soil cup should I keep in dark in saran wrap for 2-3 d

When I put my taproot in a cup of soil should I cover it with Saran Wrap and keep it in the dark 1 to 2 days or can I put a cfl light on it right away I have been having problems with it it starts to grow and then looks like it just dries out and dies but I have been watering it with ph6.5 water what should I do?

I use a clear plastic cup turned upside down and keep it warm until they break the surface. hen you say watering, how much are you giving it and what size is the pot?

Re: When I plant my taproot to soil cup should I keep in dark in saran wrap for 2-3 d

No and no.
Light = good.
Dark and plastic = bad idea.

I never mess with a "taproot". I soak seeds for 8-12 hours (overnight). Completely drench/soak the cup with your grow medium, then let it drain. Place seed in shallow hole in cup about 1/4" - 1/2" (1 cm) deep. Place under mild or indirect light. In two to four days you will have virtually 100% success if your seeds are viable.

The light is not required until the seed breaks ground, but then the plant needs it immediately. I find a mild light keeps things warm but doesn't dry out well watered soil in that amount of time. Same with plastic. You can do it, but it has to come off immediately when the plant is up. I hve not found either to be necessary or even beneficial.

Back
Top Bottom