When should I flip to 12/12 week 5 veg

ZampaNZ

420 Member
Hey everyone I’ve been growing this plant and was wondering when to flip to 12/12 its been growing for 5 weeks now I don’t want to grow it anymore just in case it will outgrow my tent and stretch I only have a 2x2 I’m new to growing this is my first time
E002AA4D-63F4-47E8-A089-3140FD822315.jpeg

Hey everyone I’ve been growing this plant and was wondering when to flip to 12/12 its been growing for 5 weeks now I don’t want to grow it anymore just in case it will outgrow my tent and stretch I only have a 2x2 I’m new to growing this is my first time
E002AA4D-63F4-47E8-A089-3140FD822315.jpeg
Beautiful set up my friend. @ZampaNZ are you from New Zealand?
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
First thing I would do is uppot her into a cloth bag.
Clear plastic isn't good for her roots. :Namaste:
I'd let her fill your screen personally before flipping.
Do you have a veg room for the little ones so they don't go into flower at the same time as the big one?

Stay safe
Bill

bill raises a good point on the seedlings.

as far as flipping you can go to 12/12 anytime you like. the plant will respond anytime past the fifth node.

Looking good, I'd veg it up to the net at least, or about 1/3 the available height in the tent so that even if she doubles in stretch you'll still have 1/3 space above the canopy for lights/circulation etc
If that is a clear plastic pot and you don't plan on re-potting, at least tape a black bag round the pot to block out light, or the roots won't fill out the medium

If that is a clear plastic pot and you don't plan on re-potting, at least tape a black bag round the pot to block out light, or the roots won't fill out the medium

i'm sure that's why it's holding at this stage of development.

Do you have a veg room for the little ones so they don't go into flower at the same time as the big one?

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks for the tips bro and yes I’m from New Zealand

Welcome to 420 @ZampaNZ .:welcome:
Looks like you are are doing great for your first grow. You are getting good advice from the right people. Use the search function for some ideas for growing the little ones. What strain are these? Are they autos or photo-periods? If they are autos, flipping isn't necessary, nor is growing the little ones elsewhere.

Looks like you are are doing great for your first grow. You are getting good advice from the right people. Use the search function for some ideas for growing the little ones. What strain are these? Are they autos or photo-periods? If they are autos, flipping isn't necessary, nor is growing the little ones elsewhere.
Thank you bro and they are photoperiods feminized seed I am getting veg tent for the little ones

As previously stated the single use plastic container is not suitable, I prefer to use standard HDPE pots rather than soft bags. Transplant the cannabis plant to the next suitable sized container which fits the pot saucer.

The cargo net spacing is not ideal and twine should be used to divide the large openings into quarters. A scrog net is used as a height barrier to train the plants tops under the net and spread out the plants growing tops to utilize the available light intensity over a greater surface area for the canopy where most of the top then receive similar usable light.

In the 2" x 2" tent what is the height dimension?

You have not mentioned the grow medium, nutrients or light source which are being used to grow the plant?

An inexpensive temperature and humidity gauge located in the tent allows you to easily monitor the environmental conditions.

As previously stated the single use plastic container is not suitable, I prefer to use standard HDPE pots rather than soft bags. Transplant the cannabis plant to the next suitable sized container which fits the pot saucer.

The cargo net spacing is not ideal and twine should be used to divide the large openings into quarters. A scrog net is used as a height barrier to train the plants tops under the net and spread out the plants growing tops to utilize the available light intensity over a greater surface area for the canopy where most of the top then receive similar usable light.

In the 2" x 2" tent what is the height dimension?

You have not mentioned the grow medium, nutrients or light source which are being used to grow the plant?

An inexpensive temperature and humidity gauge located in the tent allows you to easily monitor the environmental conditions.
Ah yeah my tent is 160cm high I haven’t used any nutes yet it’s growing okay without it I think? I am using a potting mix and theirs enough nutrients in the mix I don’t want to add nutrients just incase I burn it, what do you think? and as for the pot I have repotted into a black 3 gallon plastic pot it’s all I had around. And I’m using a Quantum par 200w LED grow light before this plant I was given a white widow and flowered it straight away it was a very small plant so I didn’t get much out of it so I’m guessing the light works alright but this is my very first time growing from seed and vegging sorry if I sound like a noob

I would purchase a 5 gallon pot for your plant, I have used 3 gallon pots and increased my harvested amount when I upgraded to 5 gallon pots for flower. Plan for the plant to grow 2x - 2.5x taller in flower.

Is that LED light 200 watt actual outlet draw? Generally 50 watts per square foot is the minimum effective LED strength to complete harvest.

Most potting soils will not meet cannabis plans nutrient requirements for either vegetative growth or to flower properly..

I would purchase a 5 gallon pot for your plant, I have used 3 gallon pots and increased my harvested amount when I upgraded to 5 gallon pots for flower. Plan for the plant to grow 2x - 2.5x taller in flower.

Is that LED light 200 watt actual outlet draw? Generally 50 watts per square foot is the minimum effective LED strength to complete harvest.

Most potting soils will not meet cannabis plans nutrient requirements for either vegetative growth or to flower properly.
Yes the actual power consumption is 200w it has dimmable control though and okay I will repot to a 5 gallon and at the moment I have nutes for flowering only thanks for the info.

Yes the actual power consumption is 200w it has dimmable control though and okay I will repot to a 5 gallon and at the moment I have nutes for flowering only thanks for the info.
200w dimmable is great for a 2' x 2' - white or burple?
Your plant will grow much more vigorously with some bottle feed - not necessarily full strength, just a top up of readily available nutes occasionally

1 photoperiod cannabis plant can fill the 2' x 2' grow tent if given the proper nutrients for vegetative growth and flower produce a rewarding harvest. Most potting soils do not generate sufficient nutrient to meet a cannabis plants nutrient requirements. If your goal is to produce greater harvest amounts for cost per gram efficiency I recommend purchasing vegetative nutrients and a calcium and magnesium supplement.

There are many potential variables to gain control over to produce and harvest medical grade cannabis medicine.

1) water quality pH and ppm control
2) grow medium and proper watering
3)Temperature and humidity
4) reliable timer and grow lights
5) completely dark environment for flower
6) oscillating circulation fan to strengthen cannabis branches and stems during vegetative period in preparation for flower
7) if required plant supports to assist with heavy colas
8) proper air exchange with extraction fan, carbon air filter for scent control

1 photoperiod cannabis plant can fill the 2' x 2' grow tent if given the proper nutrients for vegetative growth and flower produce a rewarding harvest. Most potting soils do not generate sufficient nutrient to meet a cannabis plants nutrient requirements. If your goal is to produce greater harvest amounts for cost per gram efficiency I recommend purchasing vegetative nutrients and a calcium and magnesium supplement.

There are many potential variables to gain control over to produce and harvest medical grade cannabis medicine.

1) water quality pH and ppm control
2) grow medium and proper watering
3)Temperature and humidity
4) reliable timer and grow lights
5) completely dark environment for flower
6) oscillating circulation fan to strengthen cannabis branches and stems during vegetative period in preparation for flower
7) if required plant supports to assist with heavy colas
8) proper air exchange with extraction fan, carbon air filter for scent control
thanks bro you helped a lot

Stay safe
Bill
Sound advice, Bill.

Back
Top Bottom