When should I top and LST?

That did sound like a lot just skimming the list quickly at work, but it really isn't , cover crops might not be possible , I already planned on the full setup to go inside the tent, and as far as qaulity lighting goes , the lady I bought these six and four lights from actually had some pretty impressive grow pics , and I am one upping an XL 750, funny shit is I thought I caught a deal buying a 1400 led in a pawn shop for 500, which it was a pretty hot deal, but later I found out they have XL100's for 500 used on eBay, wanna pick one up fairly soon, maybe some HPS lights on a rail, I honestly at this moment don't wanna spend a 1000 plus on a Gavita , or HGL ,but if we are actually filling that room at some point , I'd consider bending my stance on profiteering to upgrade equipment,lol. And I will be taking at least half of the harvest, I am just buying all the shit because she won't admit it is all needed not to make mediocre shit, that is what keeps killing me,lol, I have to convince her one step at a time every bit of it is necessary. But imma just start where I should have get a fully regulated environment, and go from there , hope these half doted on half neglected batches still do ok,lol.
Oh and even the current batch ,it is in living soil as we speak, the one I have uppotted that is. Not homemade living soil, but five gallons mixed with a starter kit that had some very positive reviews

Ok, you definitely seem to know your stuff and not mind giving sage advice so far, so please forgive a long reply, I'll try to be as concise as possible, maybe you can set me straight. The way that this all started was that I agreed to grow some for a dear friend who has an out of town place, but she isn't fully committed , so she wasn't really trying to support me in setting up a full on grow op yet, I tried to tell her we need all this stuff in place ( ie tent, CO2, pH meter and soil tester, humidifier, dehumidifier, fans , etc) before we germinate seed one.

She is one of these more casual, "it's a weed, it'll be aight type growers, never used anything but miracle gro and LEDs, and never did anything but fail either though.

Painfully I have bought 75% of the stuff , and trying to get it all into place has been a pain, because at first I was having a hard time deciding between keeping them at the house that I live at, where I could tend to them more, when they were still seedlings, but only under a cheap light that I bought 6 of for a bargain, at first they did great in a windowsill with a cheap blue light , the first week my tall sprinter put out a set of leaves a day, then they came home from vacay a week early, and they had to spend the next four weeks in dark shed under a cheap blue light on a timer, still grew, but slower, just yesterday I moved her into two gallons of super soil, and put her back in a Windowsill under a good light, the Kind XL750 , which is a formidable one, I have been keeping out at the main grow op.

Now, since then, they were almost found at our house so now, no choice , right after they sprout, they gotta get shipped out to the woods , to the main grow site. Out there at my disposal I have a seedling station with shelves, a ten by ten room with sloping ten foot ceilings , with a good window AC unit, humidifier, dehumidifier, I have hygrometer, soil tester and pH meter on the way, have been shopping a 6 by 6 tent, will get one soon, a will.could easily be built around the seedling station to segregate it. I have a Kind K5 XL 750, 6 Bloomspect full spectrum LEDs ( a mediocre grow light, but they have bloom and veg switches, ir, daisy chain outlets, they are about 65 bucks new) , and four led full spectrum little round bulb lamps. And good, mediocre , and cheap organically boosted soil. I'm thinking take the plunge,start them in a tent, fully controlled, start to finish, should I purchase a better light for seedlings station as well and let the cheapos be complimentary light for the main grow tent? And in what other way should I utilize these items?
you use the "real "SUPER SOIL"?

that stuff is great if used correctly, top half should be ocean forest, bottom should be super soil.
I used it, then switched to CocoLoco, that i freakin love now.

yah, i was just messin, he seems versed in the game, just a matter of using money for something he intendes to give to someone for being a nice guy,

the crappiest part of this hobby, is watering, l

yah, i was just messin, he seems versed in the game, just a matter of using money for something he intendes to give to someone for being a nice guy,

the crappiest part of this hobby, is watering, lol.
I am taking a cut of harvest, it's just that she is putting up the safe place in the middle of nowhere, but she had some casual no big deal thing , but also wants to support 5-10 plants,and when I tell her we need to go full on grow op to do that, she is like yeah, sure! Then any time I tell her we have to do more than water them, she looks at me like I am growing tits on my forehead,smh.... So she rushed me into belting out what we have on hand now, getting a little more together evey week on my budget though. I fucked up the timing on a lot of stuff too, lol, I bought a ton of shit to care for mature plants before I bought all the best means to get to having big mature plants,smh. I have read a shit ton of info, and don't slack, if
you use the "real "SUPER SOIL"?

that stuff is great if used correctly, top half should be ocean forest, bottom should be super soil.
I used it, then switched to CocoLoco, that i freakin love now.
This stuff. While lotta stuff I couldn't possibly hope to one day pronounce, gotta be good , right?

Screenshot_20210830-205321.png

Screenshot_20210830-205243.png

his head is spinning now bro, lol..

tblspoon of cinnamon for every gallon of soil will keep gnats under control. never see them.
Cinnamon would work in coco or shit soil if you feed with bottled nutrients.
But its a fungicide, it will phuck up a Living Organic Soil, kill all the goodness.

Rove Beetles and predator mites kill pretty much everything that breeds in soil.

But its a fungicide, it will phuck up a Living Organic Soil, kill all the goodness.

Rove Beetles and predator mites kill pretty much everything that breeds in soil.
Can I just keep the beetles till needed or unleash them proactively?

Can I just keep the beetles till needed or unleash them proactively?
Need to be unleashed as soon as you get them.
But they would be useless unless you have a proper environment for them, you just toss them on top of a 5 gal pot with bare ass soil and they'll just bail in about 5 minutes.
Thats why the 20+ gallon fabric pots with cover crop and mulch, thats bug Shangri-la, I bought Rove Beetles and predator mites 3+ years ago and they're still here chomping away.

I use cocoloco, and recharge. I mix 1 tbl of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of recharge per 1 gallon medium, then mix it all up, then add to my containers, then plant in them. I never seen a gnat, and the growth is awesome.

I am taking a cut of harvest, it's just that she is putting up the safe place in the middle of nowhere, but she had some casual no big deal thing , but also wants to support 5-10 plants,and when I tell her we need to go full on grow op to do that, she is like yeah, sure! Then any time I tell her we have to do more than water them, she looks at me like I am growing tits on my forehead,smh.... So she rushed me into belting out what we have on hand now, getting a little more together evey week on my budget though. I fucked up the timing on a lot of stuff too, lol, I bought a ton of shit to care for mature plants before I bought all the best means to get to having big mature plants,smh. I have read a shit ton of info, and don't slack, if

This stuff. While lotta stuff I couldn't possibly hope to one day pronounce, gotta be good , right?

lol, yeah, the " SuperSoil"is fn disgusting, like a dog farted in the room, LOL.

I take it this is not the original?

With the gear you have on hand you can accomplish a lot. As for what next depends on what your goals are, etc.
Maybe after a few harvests you could dedicate the lights you already own as veg lights and upgrade to something with more power for heavier harvests?
I managed for my first two years under blurples and did...okay. If you're growing for someone else and footing most of the bill then they should be thankful for the free meds in whatever form they come right?
In the meanwhile if you want to go hydro or soil or coco or whatever there's plenty of experienced gardeners here to lend priceless advice, especially since the availability and advancements of gear and knowledge have come so far even in the last few years it's a better time than ever. Except for those of us growing the devil's lettuce in the bible belt that have to lay low and avoid johnny law !
Thank you , I just have little things here and there I am still figuring out , but honestly, I knew from the get go I was jumping the gun this first batch and did it to appease her anyway.

Back
Top Bottom