When To Flip SCROG Grow: Double SCROG Question

Niwashi

Hey Everyone!

This is my first time growing with a SCROG and I'm wondering when to flip my babies. It seems the general consensus is to flip when the net is 75% full. I am also wondering if I should copy @Scrogdawg and build a double scrog to spread it out even more. I am currently 68 days from when I took the flowering clones. Check out the link to my current grow in my sig for more pics, but here are some shots from yesterday.

What are your thoughts?

Hey Everyone!

This is my first time growing with a SCROG and I'm wondering when to flip my babies. It seems the general consensus is to flip when the net is 75% full. I am also wondering if I should copy @Scrogdawg and build a double scrog to spread it out even more. I am currently 68 days from when I took the flowering clones. Check out the link to my current grow in my sig for more pics, but here are some shots from yesterday.

What are your thoughts?

75 percent is bang on bro but make sure you've got a little bit of growth on top, say a few inches and then flip. The 2nd screen is a good option to get light down into the canopy. First scrog to get em even and spread nicely then let em go up to the 2nd scrog to open it up and get light down those colas. If you were gonna do the 2nd screen id flip when they hit the 2nd screen. My opinion for your first attempt though just do what @Blew Hiller said and flip her now see how you do then start tinkering :)

Appreciate the feedback!

The is my first attempt at SCrOGing not growing. I feel like I worked out all the basic kinks on my first run with one plant.

I think I’m going to double SCROG it. I like the idea of being to spread it more.

On my first grow I didn’t build a SCROG and I was kicking myself as soon as I got to flower. I have a feeling that if I don’t double SCrOG I’ll be feeling the same way. That it could have been better. No doubt it would work with a single, but I really want to maximize my yield this time. Trying to figure out how to produce enough medicine for 1yr in a run so I don’t have to keep the tent up year round!

Appreciate the feedback!

The is my first attempt at SCrOGing not growing. I feel like I worked out all the basic kinks on my first run with one plant.

I think I’m going to double SCROG it. I like the idea of being to spread it more.

On my first grow I didn’t build a SCROG and I was kicking myself as soon as I got to flower. I have a feeling that if I don’t double SCrOG I’ll be feeling the same way. That it could have been better. No doubt it would work with a single, but I really want to maximize my yield this time. Trying to figure out how to produce enough medicine for 1yr in a run so I don’t have to keep the tent up year round!
I felt the same way tbh. ive found my biggest downfall was getting em open enough to get good light penetration but Im gonna be rectifying this more with proper defoliation and sacrificing more undergrowth which will open it up soooo much more for me

Funny, i was just contemplating my scrog flip date.

But i dont like 2 node branches, and really want to chop them off, but cant wait 2 weeks for the stress to alleviate properly.

Looks good tho man,

what light is that, mars600??

If your home around the plant, I suggest moving it side to side thruough the day, and lowering it. You got this far, dont waste all the potencial. and with that lone light, your going to have to be creative and try to move it everyday to maximis the light and area to the best you can.

OOOOOo, ok, nice, if you have a lux meter, aim for 40,000 lux,

Looks to be rolling along,.. Good job, not sure how much they will stretch, but never hurts for another layer of net,

Cool, Im down.. So the next night cycle? Like, my lights out in 2 hours, If so, I'll start tonight.. Or tomorrow, your call,

Ill post a pic soon,

sounds good man, i was just going to say that,lol.. even if you need 2-3 days is fine, I just know, i have to very soon, or im gonna be in a mess

Ok Niwashi, we're ready to roll i suppose. I have a few open sqaures but there are some that will reach in a day or 2, it will be filled for sure. On the right side, I cut a whole branch off because it was thin and slow, so thats why the far right is emptyish. These are 60 days veg today.

CocoLoco medium, 3 gallon Fab pots
Cal-Mag
MegaCrop dry nutes
PH Perfect nutes
Recharge

Strain: I call it "BagOFire" Its a FireOG and a bagseed of some brick mexi cross I created myself. I will get it tested for genetics down the road. My goal is to hit 2GPW. I think I will hit 2.5 personally, but this is a true test of these lights. I average 42G per plant from 12/12 seed with this strain in a 1 gallon, so it will be interesting.

I water 10 times a day, using a simple, yet awesome small irrigation timer. I mix my nutes every day, and just put the feed intake tube into a gallon milk container, and it drinks the entire thing thru the day. Since I use recharge, with micros and beneficials, I like my res temp at 78F. Every 7th day, I run just water and calmag for the day, at 65F.

Light rig is 4 Luminus COBS, run at 200watts, and Farred night initiation puck.

Niwashi, this should be a fun trip man, wish you much success, now lets do this!!

can you believe, all those were under the net last night?lol,, well, most. A trick to get them to grow and strecth to fill holes is to let them think they are king cola, they grow faster, then tuck.

Oh, and there is alight out in the pic, but it was early lights on, and I have just my 4000K on in the mornings for 30minutes, then the 3500K come on.

Back
Top Bottom