When to harvest the bottom buds after first cut

I don’t see any nanners or seeds.. I see a few calyxes with white hairs that wrap back and have light hitting them making them look similar to nanners

IMG_5519.jpeg

IMG_5520.jpeg
Thanks for doing that. I'm not good on a computer so I wasn't sure how to do it. But yes, that is what I was wondering about.

Yes—those are signs that we should maybe wait two more weeks before we examine trichomes……if you’re a trichome examiner
I'm sorry, but I don't really understand. Can you tell me how that's a sign of 2 more weeks ? Trying to learn something here. Not questioning if you're right or wrong. Just wondering how you can tell from that is all.

You are the very first person I've ever heard say they had Calyx's growing out of their buds in my 6 years of growing.
That's why I'm a bit puzzled by this. Only place I knew a Calyx grew was at the bottom of the buds. Not saying it's not true. Just my first time ever hearing that.

OK, had to look up Plant Parts to find out about the Calyx's. Here's what I found.

BRACTS​

The bracts are what can be found around the female’s reproductive area. They are green, with leaves in a sort of “tear shape”. They have a number of resin glands, that actually hold the highest number of cannabinoids within the marijuana plant.

CALYX​

Inside the bracts, on the female cannabis plant, is the calyx. This is a see-through layer that protects the ovule. You can’t see it with the naked eye.

I think where I'm getting a bit confused is that most people refer to the Bracts & not the Calyx's that you can't see with the naked eye.
Honestly, not sure why you wouldn't be able to see them. Well, now look what you did.... making me research stuff.... lol. Thanks ! Never can learn too much.

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand. Can you tell me how that's a sign of 2 more weeks ? Trying to learn something here. Not questioning if you're right or wrong. Just wondering how you can tell from that is all.
Yes—I figure it’ll take two more weeks for the two buds in question (pic 3&4) to appear fully ripe. Fully ripe = all pistils amber and calyxes (bract) (empty seed pod) all swollen engulfing the pistils.

Yeah the bud consists of a bunch of empty seed pods—commonly called calyxes—possibly more correct to say bract from your definition

You are the very first person I've ever heard say they had Calyx's growing out of their buds in my 6 years of growing.
That's why I'm a bit puzzled by this. Only place I knew a Calyx grew was at the bottom of the buds. Not saying it's not true. Just my first time ever hearing that.

It’s a leftover from pre legalization.. you’re correct to say bract technically but most og growers will call it a calyx or will know what you’re referring to when you say calyx. Unfortunately I’ve picked up the bad lingo habits from the older growers and still screw up calyx/bract and pistil/stigma all the time.

Back
Top Bottom