When to remove my propagator lid?

hazeluv69

Hi guys. I germinated 9 seeds in the tissue paper method. 100% success rate. Planted them in coco and in a propagator with a lid on. This was 24 hours ago. Since 3 have started to rise out of the medium. My question is when to remove the lid as I do not want damping off to occur?

Now. If your seeds are germinated, propagator lid/humidity dome is neither required nor desirable.
Why is that? I thought the use of propagator was to ensure 99% rh to ensure they all keep growing in high humid ? Not all of them have popped out the soil yet

Never really use a dome.
Unless im using clones.
Anything in the mid 50s and over i have found is fine for my seedlings.
R/h at soil/medium level will he higher than were your meter is anyway.
Thats my 2 cent ;)
Think you did the right thing in removing

Why is that? I thought the use of propagator was to ensure 99% rh to ensure they all keep growing in high humid ? Not all of them have popped out the soil yet

When equipment is sold its intended purpose is that the seedling tray may either be used with starting seeds or taking cuttings to root into clones. The dome is used to maintain higher humidity so the leaves are supplied with enough moisture to sustain the plant before new roots are grown. Vents in the dome are usually partially open if used with planted seeds.

When equipment is sold its intended purpose is that the seedling tray may either be used with starting seeds or taking cuttings to root into clones. The dome is used to maintain higher humidity so the leaves are supplied with enough moisture to sustain the plant before new roots are grown. Vents in the dome are usually partially open if used with planted seeds.

just run them without. the risk of dampening off is not worth it.

seedlings exposed direct to elements are always more robust. unless you're under 25% rh all the time it won't matter. when really clutching the pearls you can give them a spritz or three throughout the day. otherwise relax.

edit : you can keep the dome til they pop. after that they need to breathe.

you'll lose more to too wet than too dry. keep the media moist and they'll be happy.

I have raised seeds both with a heating pad dome set up as well as just sticking them in the dirt. Small containers of coarse the transferring to final pot. They both have yielded positive results except the one time I messed up and put the seeds in the final 5 gallon pot. That time I lost 4 of the 6 seeds I planted. What I will do going forward is germinate in the germination set up and then transfer to final pay after that have their first real leaves. As for the dome yeah I use it until the seedlings are ready to move. couple of links I follow The Complete Guide To Germinating Cannabis Seeds - Royal Queen Seeds. and Cannabis Seed Germination — Troubleshooting Guide - RQS Blog

Back
Top Bottom