Where these in "clone" status too long?

IntoTheClouds

I bought these clones yesterday from a medical clinic. I did not ask enough questions about these clones before i bought them, but they were on a shelf with a bunch of other clones under florecents. Anywho...

I grabbed the clones, took them home put them in an dome under florecents, then got to thinking maybe these things are too big for this dome, maybe they need to be potted already? So out of curiosity i checked the roots and WOW these suckers had rooted, each one, roots were swirling all around the Solo cup. So, i said fuck lemme pot these.

Ive potted them now in organic medium, and gave them the 1/4 strength nutes. They are under 18/6 lighting under LED's.

So i need some opnions on this...

-The amount of roots that i saw when i lifted the plant, is that an indication of them sitting around too long on the shelf at the clinic?
-If they did, is there still hope?
-was day 1 veg the day i transplanted them?
Any other things to consider? or am i just trippin?

Strains are 2 x Bubba Kush and 2 x Bubblegum, 5 gal pots.

0091227.JPG

034173.JPG

018490.JPG

031211.JPG

I wouldn't stress about it too much as the other guys said it's most likely transplant shock. If your worried about it though or it continues, I'd flush and then hit it with some micro's and macro's.

Alright, so a little transplant shock, i was kind of expecting that. i was more worried about the clones sitting on a shelf too long at the clinic and the variations of problems that could happen as a result. Cause it seems as if two of them wilted just a bit.

Lets say if a plant out grows its container or, is just really confined to space (solo cup) for extended amounts of time. Does that do any damage to the final product? or, do the plants just have some catching up to do in veg? Im just curious about stunted growth and what i can do in the future to avoid mistreated clones. Im under the opinion that the plant can bounce back from most situations. but to optomize my time is it wise to avoid over grown clones? Thanks :high-five:

Well if you buy these clones from a clinic I would hope they are up to par, otherwise find a new one (if possible). Plants can become root bound if they keep vegging in the same container long enough, a good rule of thumb is to transplant to a new container twice the size every 2, maybe 3 weeks, depends on the strain and whatnot

Well, its been a while since ive been to this thread... my bad dudes. Anyways, figured id atleast give an update on the status of those clones is. Who knows if anyone is even listening any more!!

SO... These are the first plants ive ever grown and man it has been quite the learning process! a very enjoyable one, i still suck at it but am still enjoying it very much! Ive been fighting nute burning a little bit... these plants have been quite hard to understand, they all have minds of theyre own its crazy how different they are.

They have about 1 MONTH left in flower, maybe 5 weeks, we will see. But today they look good, im starting to udnerstand theyre needs alot better now and have adjusted to theyre different needs, its probably going to effect my yeild with all these lessons ive learned but imma keep pluggin away at it. Heres some pics. SORRY ABOUT SIDEWAYS!
IMG_34757.JPG
IMG_34738.JPG
IMG_34407.JPG
IMG_33784.JPG

This might be obvious so maybe you have other plans- but I would even out the canopy by bending and tying down those tall branches, and/or weaving them through the scrog net, and then lower the lights accordingly if needed. Looks sort of cool that way though...

In my opinion you can definitely do whatever you want with those branches now. Bend them down, tie them to the net, lower the net if it helps to take in more tops, spread them out and/or weave them through the net, adjust the light as you like. I really don't think you will harm anything at all and you'll see benefits

not bad? there comin in good! but i think i have THRIPS?!!? im seing some powdery substances all over the leaves and its scaring me a bit, not sure what to do... anyone think i should just keep going and do nothing and hope for the best?? if anyone cares ill post some pics of the effected areas.

IMG_359710.JPG

not bad? there comin in good! but i think i have THRIPS?!!? im seing some powdery substances all over the leaves and its scaring me a bit, not sure what to do... anyone think i should just keep going and do nothing and hope for the best?? if anyone cares ill post some pics of the effected areas.

IMG_359710.JPG

These look like trichomes on the leaves to me. Get a magnifying glass and look closely.

My temps stay between 72-77 degrees, my humidity is usually around 35. My basement keeps my enviorment pretty neutral and I have two fans runnin on high speed. My suction fan is also on high. U think maybe I need to bring more fresh air in? Like keep the basement door open more often? It drops my temps when I do that but maybe it would let more fresh air in....

Back
Top Bottom