which light for my needs from the above

pigling

hey guys, ill try to keep it brief
first off thank you for taking the time to help a noob like me, i know the research is already out there but it feels more secure to have others people's opinion

it is my first grow and i want it to be a top level grow and i think i can manage that, given the right equipment

i'm planning on two lsd plants (got seeds online)
i plan on fluxing them as seen here: LA's Quick guide to Fluxing!

the grow space:
a perspex box
80 cm
60 cm
90 cm height

2 "ground pots" or whatever its called with lots of space for roots and fluxing
over all the plants will have 50 cm of height to grow (after 20 cm from lamp and 15 cm of ground)

so i am in the process of buying a lamp
i'm going to buy it from a local store and i have a few models to choose from
from what i understood there is no such thing as too much light

i want to buy 600w HPS light
my big question is about the heating, how much heat will this bulb produce? and should i consider LEDS?

LEDS are more expensive (at my place at least) but i am willing to do that commitment if it will give me more easy life not worrying about the cooling (i do have a system to keep the air flowing but i don't think it will handle 600w lamp's heat)

so i would love to hear your choice & opinions about the following lamps
and also know on which to choose from LEDS or HPS

the LED:

300W
for all the plant's stages
no heating (avoiding heavy air filtration)
less electricity (does not really matter to me)
200 volts 6 fans cooling
100 bulbs of 3W each
wave length:
660nm red :460nm blue: 2700K 610nm white-orange
12000Lm
900$ (i can withstand it especially if its a one time buy)

of course i don't understand how to translate most of this information, this is why i'm writing it all anyway

Sunmaster Dual Spectrum Lamps
including all the needed equipment, just to plug in
250$

Philips Green power 600w
says its designed to fit for all the plant's stages
including all the needed equipment, just to plug in
250$

so, long things short
which of the follows should i choose?
also if i do go for 600W should i get a heavy air circulation for the lamp's heat?
are LEDS also "easy to success" with or do you have more place for mistakes with them?

thank you very much guys

Hi mate and welcome to 420. The heat with how is much more than LED and with you space I would go with LED. Check out the sponsors in here for ford and you may find cheaper prices and also check out the grow journals witch use the lights from the sponsors. You are more than welcome over to my journal and in using LED from mars-hydro the old model 100x3w and the pair off them cost me a lot less than $900 hope this helps a little.

heh so LEDS it is

wildwelshman i read your journal and it looks you used exactly the type i'll be using, only one on them though

the reason i have to buy it at 900$ is because everything is expensive in my country and i'm used to that
i would order from ebay or such if i wasn't scared shitless to do so
i see a lot of reports in a local cannabis web about growers getting caught and you can see 20-30 days old plants
they don't release any info about how they got caught and i'm scared of that
especially importing it here and having to pay taxes for it which might flag me in some way

my plan is just to drive to the nearest store on my bicycle, paying cash, fake name and number if needed and get the hell out of there
even considering trying to take hard routs on the way back of fear of being followed
i know i sound extra paranoid but i live in a country where good tax money is going for shit like that

question is
will one lamp suffice?

Well cheaper lights or at least some under sponsors & you could look at the lighting section of forums to see what all the fuss is about :high-five:

Mmm 90cm of grow height... once you factor in pot size, reflector size, safe hanging distance of a 600w (45cm on average) you can work out how much space you have got to grow in !

Air cooled hoods will allow for a lower hanging height also.

Another cheaper option is cfl bulbs 2700k for flowering 6500k for vegging etc :Namaste:

heh so LEDS it is

wildwelshman i read your journal and it looks you used exactly the type i'll be using, only one on them though

the reason i have to buy it at 900$ is because everything is expensive in my country and i'm used to that
i would order from ebay or such if i wasn't scared shitless to do so
i see a lot of reports in a local cannabis web about growers getting caught and you can see 20-30 days old plants
they don't release any info about how they got caught and i'm scared of that
especially importing it here and having to pay taxes for it which might flag me in some way

my plan is just to drive to the nearest store on my bicycle, paying cash, fake name and number if needed and get the hell out of there
even considering trying to take hard routs on the way back of fear of being followed
i know i sound extra paranoid but i live in a country where good tax money is going for shit like that

question is
will one lamp suffice?

I not sure where you live but some off the light sponsors have warehouses around the globe and are discrete on what it put on the package..

Back
Top Bottom