White coated bud

Thank you. It’s interesting how thick and white it got. Very different than the usual bud rot we’ve seen.
It grows in high humidity when the temperature is in the 60s or below. It’s easy enough to prevent. Foliar spray with 5% apple vinegar cut with water, if your plants stray into that climate during flower. It’s the acidity that prevents the mildew from forming. It also kills it.

i dunno where you got the bud, i'd rethink using that supplier. that never should have been sold.
I can't say for sure but here in Michigan the buyer cannot see the actual buds they are going to buy. The buds are in sealed plastic packages that no one can see into. Only after getting home is it legal to open the little package. The product could have looked great at packaging and the spores started growing afterwards.

The old days of being able to walk into a medical dispensary and seeing a 1/2 gallon canning jar filled with buds, being able to take a whiff and then watching the bud-tender select the actual buds for purchase are long gone thanks to the now state legal recreational laws.

I can't say for sure but here in Michigan the buyer cannot see the actual buds they are going to buy. The buds are in sealed plastic packages that no one can see into. Only after getting home is it legal to open the little package. The product could have looked great at packaging and the spores started growing afterwards.

The old days of being able to walk into a medical dispensary and seeing a 1/2 gallon canning jar filled with buds, being able to take a whiff and then watching the bud-tender select the actual buds for purchase are long gone thanks to the now state legal recreational laws.
if that was sold from a dispensary here they would have been fined for sure and likely would have lost their license. orders are still packed by the dispensary at time of purchase here. the customer won't see it packaged, but an employee is tasked with fulfilling the order and inspecting the product before final payment.

Hello there and happy holiday season.

I recently purchases a couple small amounts of bud and one bag had nuggets that were evenly coated with white (powder?).
Anyone know what this might be! I think It looks too even to be a growth and seems to be from the outside. Some reddits mention things but they didn’t convince me….
Any help??

IMG_9389.jpeg

IMG_9388.jpeg
It’s called a Snowball. The white powder is THC-A powder. They roll buds and coat them in the powder. When burned the powder converts to THC and enhances the high and taste. I’ve been getting it quite often.

orders are still packed by the dispensary at time of purchase here. the customer won't see it packaged, but an employee is tasked with fulfilling the order and inspecting the product before final payment.
We have a family member working for one of the larger recreational growers and processors. If I understand correctly from what I have read and what he said about the laws and regulations in Michigan the 'product' has to be tested by state approved labs before it can be sent to a dispensary. After testing but before going to the dispensary all 'product' has to be put in child-proof, and sometimes adult-proof, packaging. That package can be labeled with pretty colors and pictures on it, maybe even the 'furry freak brothers' cartoon but I am not sure about mentioning Cannabis or Marijuana or THC or CBD percentages.

Until recently the customer at the dispensary could not see the contents but lately the state agency has been allowing small windows in the packaging.

Currently he is working in the edibles & drinkable area and he has come by with 12oz cans of what is like an infused seltzer. I notice that the can does mention Cannabis, THC and CBD and percentages in the contents. My wife does have a can every now and then. The"popcorn" package he brought over was a bit different. She said it was delicious but they should put a warning on the bag that recommended not more than 3 or 4 popped kernels. Oh, I was getting ready to use a chainsaw to get into that "child-proof" package for her.

the 'product' has to be tested by state approved labs before it can be sent to a dispensary. After testing but before going to the dispensary all 'product' has to be put in child-proof, and sometimes adult-proof, packaging
That's how it's being done in Ontario.
No chance of seeing the product, but every package has to have the THC and CBD. They usually have both percentages and mg per gram on there.

That's how it's being done in Ontario.
No chance of seeing the product, but every package has to have the THC and CBD. They usually have both percentages and mg per gram on there.

cannabis packaging in canada is standardized across the entire country.

Good to know. For a growing plant it's something else entirely.
That’s what the vendor stated. Something new, lotsa feedback, nervously tried and have not had different mouth, throat, cough experience.

Good to know. For a growing plant it's something else entirely.
That’s what the vendor stated. Something new, lotsa feedback, nervously tried and have not had different mouth, throat, cough experience.

Hello there and happy holiday season.

I recently purchases a couple small amounts of bud and one bag had nuggets that were evenly coated with white (powder?).
Anyone know what this might be! I think It looks too even to be a growth and seems to be from the outside. Some reddits mention things but they didn’t convince me….
Any help??

IMG_9389.jpeg

IMG_9388.jpeg
I just got some of this Tonight my dumb ass thought damn that smells great and hit it one time using just a glass bowl and omg I'm still high. Now I'm all second thinking should I have smoked that??

I just got some of this Tonight my dumb ass thought damn that smells great and hit it one time using just a glass bowl and omg I'm still high. Now I'm all second thinking should I have smoked that??
Several times people have reported getting buds that look like this from dispensaries. Then we get members mentioning that this is how they are supposed to look because of the way that the product is prepared. Seems that this is the case for the buds that started this thread based on what is mentioned in msgs #25, 26 and 27 so it sounds like the buds are safe.

Back
Top Bottom