White coated bud

runamuckgardener

Hello there and happy holiday season.

I recently purchases a couple small amounts of bud and one bag had nuggets that were evenly coated with white (powder?).
Anyone know what this might be! I think It looks too even to be a growth and seems to be from the outside. Some reddits mention things but they didn’t convince me….
Any help??

IMG_9389.jpeg

IMG_9388.jpeg

I recently purchases a couple small amounts of bud and one bag had nuggets that were evenly coated with white (powder?).
Well that is not right. Don't know who you purchased it from but you might want to consider not purchasing anything else from them. Maybe contact them and ask what is going on and send one of the photos along.

If it is a powder you should be able to tap the nugget and any loose powder would fall off just like powdered sugar will fall off a Christmas cookie.

My first thought when reading your message was Powdery Mildew on the bud but I have not seen mildew cover the surface like that.

Exactly, almost like a donut with a bit of “extra smell” compared to thhe green bud.
Nothing in the name or description that they gave to the product that would make it seem like they sugar coated some buds to make them look or taste fancy?

If you bought this from a dispensary you might be able to get an answer or a refund if you contact them. I have seen packaging from some dispensaries that keeps the product hidden from view of children and the purchaser only gets to see what they bought when they open it up.

Whispey Mildew, bud rot.
Bud rot is brown to black in color from what I have seen.

And I believe that you are thinking of Whiskey Mold which is supposed to be another mold or rot and and not a mildew. That stuff is interesting. It is a light grey and after awhile will turn dark grey and then turn black. It can be found on the sides of houses, on cars, and street signs and just about anything else in the areas near some whiskey plants and storage buildings.

Or maybe it is some of that spray snow that people put on their Christmas trees or near the edges of the windows to give that festive look.

I wouldn't smoke it
Yep. I know what you mean. The original poster should try to get the money back on this.

right on with the “not consuming.” It just seems too evenly covered…. I thought I’d ask if it’s something new and different. We’re still waiting a reply on if anyone knows anything.
I have a feeling it’s something snuck in a larger variety pack.

right on with the “not consuming.” It just seems too evenly covered…. I thought I’d ask if it’s something new and different. We’re still waiting a reply on if anyone knows anything.
I have a feeling it’s something snuck in a larger variety pack.
Looks like it's laced with something. Do not consume.

Hello there and happy holiday season.

Anyone know what this might be! I think It looks too even to be a growth and seems to be from the outside. Some reddits mention things but they didn’t convince me….
Any help??

IMG_9389.jpeg

IMG_9388.jpeg
You sure that's weed, it looks like months old cat shit nuggets.

Well that is not right. Don't know who you purchased it from but you might want to consider not purchasing anything else from them. Maybe contact them and ask what is going on and send one of the photos along.

If it is a powder you should be able to tap the nugget and any loose powder would fall off just like powdered sugar will fall off a Christmas cookie.

My first thought when reading your message was Powdery Mildew on the bud but I have not seen mildew cover the surface like t

it's mold that wasn't caught and corrected while the plant grew.

they may have tried to remove the worst parts at harvest, but as inevitable some got through then contaminated the buds in the bag. as soon as the moisture is consumed it dries to a powder.

it's mold that wasn't caught and corrected while the plant grew.

they may have tried to remove the worst parts at harvest, but as inevitable some got through then contaminated the buds in the bag. as soon as the moisture is consumed it dries to a powder.
Thank you. It’s interesting how thick and white it got. Very different than the usual bud rot we’ve seen.

Thank you. It’s interesting how thick and white it got. Very different than the usual bud rot we’ve seen.

it got that thick because it was bottled up in a bag or jar with enough moisture. it might not have even been bad if it was hung and cured correct, but it probably was garbage right from harvest.

i'd still have a look at it through a loupe just so you get familiar with the structure. the interior of the buds in the first pic also show bud rot, not just the outside. it grows from the inside out.

are you growing at all ? make sure you wipe everything down. the spores remain active forever. they occur everywhere naturally but you want to reduce the amount as much as possible in the environment.

i dunno where you got the bud, i'd rethink using that supplier. that never should have been sold.

Back
Top Bottom