White tips on leaves

So I've had a few set backs but now everything is going great I woke this morning to find white tips on the leaves of 2 plants ones with most buds forming ironically I have been trying to drop the ph with a flush for 2 days no luck can't get it down past 6.7 running stand alone tank with premix liquid fertilizer fox farms thought nute burn starting so bypassed then began flushing with clean water at 5.5 ph what is going on help please in week 8
20230723_052647.jpg
20230723_052656.jpg
20230723_052730.jpg

So I've had a few set backs but now everything is going great I woke this morning to find white tips on the leaves of 2 plants ones with most buds forming ironically I have been trying to drop the ph with a flush for 2 days no luck can't get it down past 6.7 running stand alone tank with premix liquid fertilizer fox farms thought nute burn starting so bypassed then began flushing with clean water at 5.5 ph what is going on help please in week 8
20230723_052647.jpg
20230723_052656.jpg
20230723_052730.jpg
check for light stress but honestly i see no help needed girl looks great!

So I've had a few set backs but now everything is going great I woke this morning to find white tips on the leaves of 2 plants ones with most buds forming
At this point there does not appear to be anything going wrong. The leaves and the entire plants look great. Those small "white tips" can be the signs that you have found the sweet spot where the amounts of fertilizers and nutrients are spot on.

I have been trying to drop the ph with a flush for 2 days no luck can't get it down past 6.7 .....
Is this a hydroponic set-up or soil? One container looks like soil and another has pea gravel showing.

20230723_052647.jpg
20230723_052656.jpg
20230723_052730.jpg
The white tips look like the start of a potassium deficiency, no doubt related to the pH adjustment you are trying to make. Most nutes want the pH of your incoming fluids to be around 6.3 pH in soil. Pay no attention to your soil pH, because trying to adjust that during an active grow is VERY counterproductive. Just worry about the incoming fluids and let the soil do its thing. It was adjusted to an almost neutral pH when it was manufactured for a very good reason. Why would soil companies manufacture something that needed you to adjust it, and then expect you to buy from them again? Beware of rumors you hear on the internet.

I’m gonna diverge from @Emilya Green for maybe the second time.. I believe from the coloring of your leaves and phase of growth you may be looking at a calcium rush/build up. The dark green tells me there’s been quite a bit of Nitrogen which will essentially light the fuse on calcium and cause it to become very available. You can see this as a necrotic build up on the tips of your highest leaves (closest to light source) which is what I’m seeing.

The only reason I don’t say K is in my experience K hits the serrations at the same time as the tips, and typically occurs lower on the plant. However I am unfamiliar with what happens when someone tries to force Ph changes in the soil while plants are in it. You could very easily be making K hard to access.

Just FYI.. my soil is almost always at 7 ph.. the soil and microbes have no problem moving the ph to what they need and your plant can control the Ph of its rhizosphere to be whatever it needs to be. You don’t need to do this for it. Leaving it at 7 lets the soil, microbes and plant easily shift their own micro environment to whatever they need. Fighting this will only cause problems.

My issue is I didn't try ph adjustment untill after the tips started to change to white

Most plants grown indoors have white/yellow tips. Some believe this is an indication of the plant being given just enough nutrients. It doesn’t become an issue until the tips start becoming necrotic. Once the browning begins then you know you’re looking at an issue. You likely pushed your plant into tip necrosis with your ph adjustments. I would back off that, Feed as directed and watch diligently for any other signs of deficiencies/issues so you can narrow it down. Currently you’ll just chase your tail trying to figure it out since you were doing Ph adjustments

So I have emptied my water nute mix tank took the lid off it and it smelled stale and not right washed it good and remixed all my nutes and ph I'm thinking it was my water went in this morning and it's not worse so I'll take it there seems to be a few upper leaves that are coming out of it but here's a question I've got 5 plants 3 are beautiful shrubs that are exploding with candy and 2 that are slow on flower growth and almost 5 ft tall all same nutes light everything? Not complaining just confused same seeds bruce banner auto

the elongated necrosis indicates potassium

I never see elongation until others point it out.. I wonder what that’s about.

Either way, the remedy is the same.. Feed as directed, stop messing with medium ph.

@smileyfaceelectrical every strain of cannabis has upwards of 32 phenotypes which determine its characteristics. Everything from how the plant grows to how it produces is heavily influenced by this.

Most decent breeders narrow this down to about 4-6 strong phenotypes. So when you grow a strain from seed, there’s a decent chance each one of those plants will express themselves differently. The differences can be small, or they can be big. Similar to how I have two kids with my wife, one is smaller like myself and the other is 13 years old, 6 feet tall and 170 pounds.

Another factor in this is stress. When autos get stressed there’s not a lot you can do to make up that lost time. It’s possible what you’re seeing is either phenotype expression or maybe a couple of the plants took stress a little harder than the others. Regardless, it’s not uncommon to see 4-6 different plants come from the same strain when growing from seed

So I have emptied my water nute mix tank took the lid off it and it smelled stale and not right washed it good and remixed all my nutes and ph I'm thinking it was my water went in this morning and it's not worse so I'll take it there seems to be a few upper leaves that are coming out of it but here's a question I've got 5 plants 3 are beautiful shrubs that are exploding with candy and 2 that are slow on flower growth and almost 5 ft tall all same nutes light everything? Not complaining just confused same seeds bruce banner auto
This may have indicated part of the problem. Premixed nutes.
The reason they chelate nutrients is so that they can be shipped in a bottle without interacting with each other. Once you put them into a solution that is pH adjusted to be in the proper range for the chelation to break away, the free for all begins. Like matter and anti-matter, some of your nutes will simply vanish. Also, some of those that don't react against each other will simply drop out of the solution as sediment in the bottom of the container. Even worse, the interactions in the mix and the reactions against the co2 in the air will also cause your pH to drift. Don't premix nutes. Use what you mix up, immediately.

I'm just gonna leave them alone there happy it's turning into Christmas I woke up to this after I changed the water one plant is forming one long 15in bud I guess I'm doing OK for my first time

20230725_050037.jpg

20230725_050114.jpg

20230725_050102.jpg

20230725_050050.jpg

20230725_050037.jpg

20230725_050008.jpg

That’s how cannabis grows naturally.. It’s called apical dominance. A useful way to think of it is like Christmas trees (coniferous evergreens). This is the shape that a cannabis plant naturally grows into.

Without any sort of intervention she will focus the majority of her energy and resources on her main stem, creating one cola that is much larger than the rest. The axial branches (the side branches off the main stem) will also grow buds as well but they will be noticeably smaller than the apical bud. You can change this by topping the plant or tying the main stem down. This will cause the plant to readjust its growth hormones and instead of spending all its energy on the single main bud it will begin splitting its resources amongst the top 2 branches. You can adjust this again with more tying down and topping if you desire.

You’ll see a variety of methods for this called things like manifolding, mainlining, just plain topping, LST, etc. Depending on the environment you’re growing in you may find it more efficient to train your plant to your space with some of these methods. I suggest reading up on the topic and see if it interests you. There’s a ton of examples of a variety of ways to accomplish it right here on these forums.

Good luck!!

Disclaimer: Don’t top or jump into training your plant that is already in flower. Once root growth is finished (after stretch) you don’t really want to be messing with the plant or inflicting that level of stress.

Back
Top Bottom