White Widow autos are small

They look pretty "normal" for 30 days. There are always ways to improve their health...more/better lighting, better soil, bigger/fabric pots, etc. But nothing looks "wrong"...
They look pretty "normal" for 30 days. There are always ways to improve their health...more/better lighting, better soil, bigger/fabric pots, etc. But nothing looks "wrong"...

What is your current lighting schedule?
18 on

Here’s the latest day 39 since seed. No water for almost 3 days. They look droopy to me. Next watering will be quarter dose of Super Bloom and maybe CalMag supplement.
C8D91F73-8941-4B65-B492-60E05463EA74.jpeg

3of 4 now flowering and no 4 appears to be getting ready. So far so good. Still mildly perplexed at the wide disparity in appearance between the 4 being that they are same seeds. Also wondering if the cooler temps- 66 degrees-near bottom of pot as opposed to 78 at lip of pot level is inhibiting growth? I picked them up about a 1/2 inch off the floor.
1BE1B7BF-5AAE-470B-8C9A-0231A16DDE20.jpeg

I chickened out on repotting to 5 gal fabric because it would have been very difficult to cut the plastic pot without manhandling the plant. But I did buy the fabric pots and will try them next grow.

Attachments

• FA4AA545-B39A-4298-8298-3B2F16FFEA6A.jpeg
    FA4AA545-B39A-4298-8298-3B2F16FFEA6A.jpeg
    720.2 KB · Views: 52
3of 4 now flowering and no 4 appears to be getting ready. So far so good. Still mildly perplexed at the wide disparity in appearance between the 4 being that they are same seeds. Also wondering if the cooler temps- 66 degrees-near bottom of pot as opposed to 78 at lip of pot level is inhibiting growth? I picked them up about a 1/2 inch off the floor.
1BE1B7BF-5AAE-470B-8C9A-0231A16DDE20.jpeg

I chickened out on repotting to 5 gal fabric because it would have been very difficult to cut the plastic pot without manhandling the plant. But I did buy the fabric pots and will try them next grow.
I'm growing the same; out of 7 plants 3 look like sativas (out of those 2 are much further along in flower than the 3rd) 1 is a short indica that could be ready to start harvest in 2 weeks and the rest are crosses one of which has barely started to flower and another that was flowering almost as soon as it had leaves.
Yours look nice; it appears they are hitting puberty and are starting to show their girly parts. You are right to keep them in those pots if you don't believe the transfer process won't go smoothly. Given auto's short life you don't want several days of transplant shock followed by several more days of recovery.

I have noticed pistils turning red on one plant and have realized that I don’t have a clue what I’m doing. Does this mean that flowering is nearly complete? I looked through a jewelers loupe and there are no trichromes? Will they come later? Out of 4 White Widow autos one is furthest along. And they all look different. One has yet to display any pistils; another is flowering nicely with small but acceptable buds; number 3 has thin wispy pistils and elongated thinnish and pointy fan leaves.

I am having a lot of fun learning new stuff w this grow though and am not unhappy with the lack of uniformity in the plants. I have a feeling that the girl not showing any pistils yet may be a big bud producer as it appears to be a healthy and vigorous plant.
E7A7AC40-B92C-4A7B-91EF-E5989F6D5C98.jpeg
04CA4C28-9D0F-4DA1-A8F0-2B78C174A4B0.jpeg
E7A7AC40-B92C-4A7B-91EF-E5989F6D5C98.jpeg
04CA4C28-9D0F-4DA1-A8F0-2B78C174A4B0.jpeg
3C6394CB-1FE8-4860-B754-C5232B0037A1.jpeg
743A420E-DAE2-43B1-9C66-D8A1E1FC91FE.jpeg

On my third grow of white widow autos from cks. First group were extremely small but my notes were way down. Second time around I added nutes every watering. Still a smallish plant..height topped out at 14 inches but got just over 2 oz of her. Currently on third round..2 weeks old and topped them today. One thing I noticed is that compared to my other autos that my white widows don’t seem to want as much water. Usually 2 litres every 3 to 4 days. My candy cane and Amnesia Haze seem to want the same 2 litres every 2 days. They get droopy if I try and up their water..I use 3 gallon fabric pots and I put the pots up on pot stands so they are not sitting on a damp floor and I plant in promix. Not sure if that helps.

Thanks for the comparison info. Does help. My plants are all about 14” tall also. Am on the fence as to which size fabric pot to order but after reading your exp. think I will stay with 3 gal as the ww seems to be a smaller plant. I would be looking for a larger plant to grow on my next order of seeds. So may order 5 gal pots also as they are not too pricey. I would be very pleased to get 2oz dried and cured out of my 4 ladies. They are only 55 days old and 2 oz lasts me about 6mos. You must have been really happy to get 2oz out of one plant.

Thanks for the comparison info. Does help. My plants are all about 14” tall also. Am on the fence as to which size fabric pot to order but after reading your exp. think I will stay with 3 gal as the ww seems to be a smaller plant. I would be looking for a larger plant to grow on my next order of seeds. So may order 5 gal pots also as they are not too pricey. I would be very pleased to get 2oz dried and cured out of my 4 ladies. They are only 55 days old and 2 oz lasts me about 6mos. You must have been really happy to get 2oz out of one plant.
I learned a lot from a thread called the new auto topping thread. It has 160 pages or something but I read the whole thing, it helped me a ton.

My CKS WWautos are 2 feet or under, mostly look like sativas (or crosses) and one lone 12" Indica with buds that are fattening to the point of needing support (why couldn't they all be like that?) It does look like the chitosan, salicylic acid, and Triacontanol that I'm watering/foliar with, is working (homemade Bud Factor X combined with homemade Snow Storm Ultra ) especially with the Idica. I'm just too cheap to buy it ready made;)
I'm also growing in fabric (around 4 gallons; I make them from landscape fabric) but am leaning towards larger ones (if I grow these again, which is doubtful because of the crazy genetics) just because these are thirsty girls.

Finally got tired of looking at my one droopy leafed plant and even though she’s still flowering; albeit very slowly in comparison with the others I decided to repot into 5 gal fabric container. Much to my suprise it went ok. I took a thin but stiff piece of cardboard and inserted it in the side and slid it around the circumference of the plastic 3 gal pot. Root ball popped right out and stayed intact. So I placed it in the new pot and filled space up with Happy Frog. I didn’t water because root ball felt moist and I think overwatering was part of the reason for droopiness. So far so good.
Out of 4 White Widow autos 2 are flowering nicely but look completely different; 1 is the recent transplant which is (was) flowering slowly and last but not least is not showing a single pistil but recently has added about 4” and 2 nodes in last week or so; seems to be stretching. Am wondering if I should repot her into 5 gal fabric. Thanks for reading. Pics soon.

Pics of my 4. Third pic was repot. Second has no pistils yet and others are doing ok except for tips of leaves pointing down.

Attachments

• 3025EEA4-7CDF-43B2-A384-D42A2523C066.jpeg
    3025EEA4-7CDF-43B2-A384-D42A2523C066.jpeg
    930 KB · Views: 57
  • EEEAA286-295B-4E85-947F-8F63674ABF33.jpeg
    EEEAA286-295B-4E85-947F-8F63674ABF33.jpeg
    854.2 KB · Views: 64
  • B775BCF6-7459-4C41-8738-929BA8E62CBA.jpeg
    B775BCF6-7459-4C41-8738-929BA8E62CBA.jpeg
    897.1 KB · Views: 70
  • B7346AE2-85B7-4447-A287-003C12F30255.jpeg
    B7346AE2-85B7-4447-A287-003C12F30255.jpeg
    746.2 KB · Views: 50
Uppot to bigger softies! ;)
Be super careful, and watch a video on it first.

I use 3 gallon soft pots. My widows are usually 3-4' tall though. :confused:
Usually Fox Farms Ocean Forest or a coco mix for substrate.:cool:

I've used CKS autos and my Candy Cane auto was just as tall.

All of the White Widow autos I've grown were 420.

This plant is current and much taller, it will fatten up. :rolleyes:
I haven't kept track of the days, but I think its around day 50.
The one on the left is White Widow, middle is Sour Hound auto from Mephisto.
Babies are Candy Cane auto from CKS, and GSCa From Fastbuds.
Yes there is diatomaceas earth on them. Can't shake the springtails.o_O
poop (16).JPG

Forgive the picture spam.:eek:
These were harvested a year or so back.
All three 420 White Widow auto

I did training on these three to keep them shorter.
Main cola got bent a few times and tied down.

As babies, maybe 2 weeks.
1548965159927.png

As teens
1548965214564.png

As adults
1548965258435.png

1548965306698.png

Cone for scale
1548965346632.png

WOW!! Those are magnificent plants! Mine are from 420 also. Would be super pleased to say the least if mine yielded so many huge buds.
I have started some LST, but using twine and am concerned that by tying it tightly to the various branches and main stem may be choking off the flow of nutrients and cutting into the plant. Am I being too worried about this?
Also notice the bottom of your girls are almost completely denuded of any growth. How do you decide what to cut off? I have done some strategic trimming on a couple plants but only to allow light to penetrate the canopy better.
Thanks for sharing your pics and advice.

I have mostly just taken off the bottom two nodes.
Newty is amazing when it comes to training autos.

The lowest growth doesn't get much light so I snip what ever stretches more than a few inches.
So that the energy isn't wasted on those tiny middle level buds.

I'll try my luck cloning them but the mostly all die.
The last few lived, but didn't grow much.

With the lst, the plants will swell. I tend to use para-cord or garden wire.
With the wire, I use many loops instead of one tightly tied one.

I'm going back to Fox Farms Ocean Forest after this round.
The coco isn't my bag I guess.:rolleyes:

This happens sometimes...it did happen to me right now with an sensi skunk..
I have quit a few but the one doesnt stay good girl...all problems she give me..
Yes do it and let us know...

i worked autos that they grow roughly a node a week , i top them third node , after 50 days they normally stop going north this is when i use bloom , at around 60 days the buds start to build on their sites and fatten, around 70 days its thrichome building , never over feed autos they hate it !! plenty of light , fresh air in and old air out .

Absolutely agree with not too much water. Learned this the hard way on one of the girls. But others seem to be doing well. I do have one that has yet to show a single pistil on day 60 but is growing like a weed. I am surprised at how little water these autos get by on.

Back
Top Bottom