White Widow, Bubble Gum, Purple Haze Grow Tubs LST CFL

WEEK 1

DSCF4938.jpg

DSCF4939.jpg

Busy day today!

pretty much completed my two large grow tubs.

Each tub is a 51 gallon lined with mylar. I constructed an 8 bulb CFL hood hung by chain. Each tub will be able to house 3 plants. I have cut holes in the back on the left and right for 2 mountable fans. From top of soil to light is 25 inches. Im going to LST so that should give me enough room to get a decent grow.

I cant wait to move the girls in.

Your tubs look awesome. You've got good construction skills. However, when I was setting things up myself, I wanted to build stuff too in order to save some money. Then I started counting everything up and decided that getting a grow tent would be cheaper in the long run. I think my 1.2Mx1.2Mx2M cost me about $120. I can fit 9 girls in there with room to spare. Just a thought. I'll be posting pictures when I move my girls into their new home in the next couple days if you want to check it out. You can buy pretty cheap tents on Ebay.

dude those tubs are effin amazing and i am definately going to be building something similar very much kudos and i am buckled in for the ride and not far behind on my next grow as well as clones

hah thanx.. this was a vision that has manifested over the last few months since I started my first grow. cant wait to get the girls in there!

Hemp, Yes your correct a tent would be awesome however im in a small apartment with slanted ceilings because im in a loft type. I dont have one single space where I could house a tent to its full capacity. I have to stick the 2 tubs in 2 different corners in the apt.

The only question is when ur in ur dark cycle how will u keep light out?

notice the equivalent to the bottom that covers the tub over. this pretty much cuts out all light from going in and getting out

For those that are interested on the cost of my tubs and materials heres the list

tubs 51 gallon - $18.00 ea x 2
fans - $12.00 ea x2
hood - $9.00 ea x 1
lights - $10.00 x 2 ( 4pack 6500k )
Y connectors - $3.00 ea x 4
sockets - $3.00 ea x 4
roll mylar - $18.00 x 1 tons left over
nuts/bolts - $6.00
wood - $5.00

Im 142 bucks deep all material per tub.. probably cheeper ways to go but I just lack the space. This fits nicely in corners. can even use it as a shelf lol.

For those that are interested on the cost of my tubs and materials heres the list

tubs 51 gallon - $18.00 ea x 2
fans - $12.00 ea x2
hood - $9.00 ea x 1
lights - $10.00 x 2 ( 4pack 6500k )
Y connectors - $3.00 ea x 4
sockets - $3.00 ea x 4
roll mylar - $18.00 x 1 tons left over
nuts/bolts - $6.00
wood - $5.00

Im 142 bucks deep all material per tub.. probably cheeper ways to go but I just lack the space. This fits nicely in corners. can even use it as a shelf lol.

You forgot something: Home grown chronic.....Priceless. :)

ok well ill just have to wait til i see the fans installed cuz i still dont quite get it but ill keep ny eyes peeled probably would help if i wasnt medicated too..rofl:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom