Why are my leaves turning yellow?

Lukesager1

420 Member
Why are my leaves turning yellow? Started with oldest leaves first removed them then the next oldest 2 leaves started turning yellow? Is it nitrogen defiecentcy? Haven't been able to test pH yet maybe nutrient lockout? Growing in Coco coir and have just started adding grow big to every other watering at half strength for mixing the solution

Attachments

• received_3050678098283101.jpeg
    received_3050678098283101.jpeg
    624.3 KB · Views: 86
First things you need to jump on Amazon and grab you a PH pen.. A Must have.. Also it most likley is nutrient deficient due to lockout. Do you use Cal-Mag?

Why are my leaves turning yellow? Started with oldest leaves first removed them then the next oldest 2 leaves started turning yellow? Is it nitrogen defiecentcy? Haven't been able to test pH yet maybe nutrient lockout? Growing in Coco coir and have just started adding grow big to every other watering at half strength for mixing the solution
Hi Luke
If you're in coco you should be watering and feeding every day since coco has no nutritional value. Find a way to get the ph in order. I grow in soil but I think ph for coco which is to be treated like hydro should be around 5.8 or 6.0

Yeah I flushed the plant to try and neutralize the pH then watered it with grow big 6-4-4 high in nitrogen hope it helps out while I wait on getting those pH strips haven't used any cal-mag but definitely am going to pick some up asap

Your odd looking seedling looks like a mutation of some sort.
Wait and see how the second and third sets of leaves look-if they don't improve,
you may want to pull it and start over.
Hard to tell from the pic,but is there 3 leaves instead of the usual 2?

Yeah I flushed the plant to try and neutralize the pH then watered it with grow big 6-4-4 high in nitrogen hope it helps out while I wait on getting those pH strips haven't used any cal-mag but definitely am going to pick some up asap
I've also heard that folks pre charge coco with calmag to help too so you're on track there. @AngryBird do you know someone growing in coco Luke might get to a journal to read?

I have this other plant that sprouted some really weird leaves also any ideas?
Get your ph in order. Water/feed every day with low amounts of nutes. Try 25% first and if there's no negative waves, go to 50%. Don't leave the calmag out either at normal strength. My guess is both these will grow into beautiful plants. Do so soon as you can. They are sick now.

Back
Top Bottom