Why does cannabis get such a bad name

ak481991

hi everyone at 420 just like to say this is the place to call home for me a live in england where its quite frowned upon to smoke cannabis never mind growing it and to quite honest it does ma fcking head in a hate it when people say cannabis leads to other drugs and what not but the way am see it most of us are all living proof that its a load of shite av smoked cannabis for quite sum time now and have never touched other drugs not even thought about for me cannabis is a way to let sum things go a cant when am sober as such any way just had to get that out there and once again thankyou 420 am glad a found you ;)

Hey Ak---I feel the same way as you, MJ does get a bad rap. I agree also that I don't believe it's a gateway drug leading to using harder drugs. People use harder drugs because they choose to, not because MJ makes you. I mean really what does MJ make the average person do? Sleep, eat, sex, or just chill the hell out. I have never heard of anyone that overdosed on MJ, just take a long restful sleep if anything. Think of all the lives that could be saved if government would legalize it and doctors prescribe it instead of prescribing pain killers that some people end up dying from because they took too many..Just my 2 cents from the peanut gallery...

When you look at CANNABIS it's only value to society is it's illegal do we have any other plant that cost so much when nature will grow it for nothing. :peace:

I agree with all of your comments and demp a couldn't of said it better people see you as a bad person a criminal when all your doing is smoking a plant and if the goverment put tax on cannabis and opened pharmacys selling cannabis it would cut crime by a big percent who wants to go get stoned out there head trys doing a robbery none and as for the police well they have never done nothing for me but stick there knees in ma neck any way its good to no am not the only one getting pissed of with this shit

Just fyi, y'all know we have an activest lounge here @ 420 mag just for this kind of dialog and guys, I've been trying to get people to join me in their for a while because it looks like a ghost town in their, kinda' lonely! lol

As for the gateway theory, I am 100% without a doubt, in my happy mind, convinced that alcohol is the #1 most widely used gateway drug in the whole wide free world and their is no way they can side step around that FACT!

Have y'all seen these latest beer commercials? not only is beer still great tasting and less filling, but now with only 64 callories, IT'S GOOD FOR YA'! Yea right!

And these "drink responsably" ads they bearly put into them makes me cringe every time I hear them say it because, who is really responsable when they drink in the real world? collage age power drinkers? crazy ass red necks? oh yea, do'nt forget those cops who go to the bar and have a few beers after fighting real crininals like marijuana users just hanging out and minding their own business? That's real responsable!

Call it what you will but, until we get serious and involved, their will never be a change in marijuana laws!

Our friends in the Uk need this war to be over too and legalization here in the states is their stepping stone to legalization as well, because history tells us that most countries usually fallow along with what ever system seems to working here in the states. The Uk only made mj illegal in the first place, because the US got most of their allies to sign a pact to criminalize mj across the board, inwhich only a small few did'nt sign. Holland being one, look at Amsterdam, their low crime rate and their low percent of underage usage of mj should be enough to tell us something.

Why can't these bone head burocrats get that? Why? because they are greedy power mongers who make alot of money keeping us down! that's why! :peace:

The Gateway Theory is completely absurd... I'd say one reason that some people move from cannabis onto hard drugs has a lot to do with the feeling that they've been lied to about how dangerous partaking in marijuana use actually is. Upon personally trying cannabis and realizing how safe it really is they feel that actual drugs, such as cocaine, methamphetamine, and heroin must be as equally safe. Now we know that is not the case, but this stigma of marijuana being dangerous has taken such strong root in society that when some users find out the truth they move onto hard drugs to determine on their own what is in fact dangerous... cannabis being a schedule one drug is an obvious factor and that should be changed.

The Gateway Theory is completely absurd... I'd say one reason that some people move from cannabis onto hard drugs has a lot to do with the feeling that they've been lied to about how dangerous partaking in marijuana use actually is. Upon personally trying cannabis and realizing how safe it really is they feel that actual drugs, such as *******, ***************, and ****** must be as equally safe. Now we know that is not the case, but this stigma of marijuana being dangerous has taken such strong root in society that when some users find out the truth they move onto hard drugs to determine on their own what is in fact dangerous... cannabis being a schedule one drug is an obvious factor and that should be changed.

Just an FYI...you can't use the names of other drugs in your posts. They could be linked to in word searches off the net. :)

The Gateway Theory is completely absurd... I'd say one reason that some people move from cannabis onto hard drugs has a lot to do with the feeling that they've been lied to about how dangerous partaking in marijuana use actually is. Upon personally trying cannabis and realizing how safe it really is they feel that actual drugs, such as coc@ine, meth@mphetamine, and her*in must be as equally safe. Now we know that is not the case, but this stigma of marijuana being dangerous has taken such strong root in society that when some users find out the truth they move onto hard drugs to determine on their own what is in fact dangerous... cannabis being a schedule one drug is an obvious factor and that should be changed.

It's always been a myth due to political influence that mj is the root cause of all people trying hard drugs.

I've never met one single mj user that didn't drink alcohol and/or use tobacco before trying any other recreational drug and that's after 25+ years of meeting 100's of mj users.

What burns me up is the alcohol commercials that not only promote the drinking of alcohol, but do it in such a way as to suggest that it's good for you and you aren't a vital member of society unless you drink...oh yea, and now that a particular type of beer only has 64 calories...it's even better for you now...THAT'S BS!

Do our children really need to be taught this concept? Is a family oriented ball game really the best venue for teaching this garbage? Does "drink responsibly" really deter teenage kids from getting totally wasted drunk and getting behind the wheel of a car?

Now, with all that in mind, what is the real gateway drug here? marijuana or Budweiser?

Another question; Has the lack of tobacco advertisement's really kept kids from smoking cigarettes? Not even close!

The bottom line here is that, it should be the parent's who teaches their kids responsibility, not law makers.

This stereotyping of mj users is just as bad as stereotyping different races, genders and religious beliefs...placing blame or casting out a particular group for doing something that some people may not happen to want for their particular life style is just plain wrong.

Stereotyping is no better than racism in this country and should be abolished forth with from the mind set of all Americans, especially our elected officials who are supposed to make the laws to protect us from unjust treatment.

Re-education about mj is the only way and people like us are the ones who will have to teach them about the truth but if we fail to get involved, we don't stand a chance!

Do our children really need to be taught this concept? Is a family oriented ball game really the best venue for teaching this garbage? Does "drink responsibly" really deter teenage kids from getting totally wasted drunk and getting behind the wheel of a car?
QUOTE]

the drink adverts do not do nothing but influence kids at a young age and they know exsactly what there doing a see people everyday living on the streets and 50/60 percent of the time its alchohol related but ma town still has there fair share off addicts alchahol will never be illegalized it brings in to much money and thats all what most if not all goverments care about they dont care about good or bad nor right and wrong

No it's bringing in the money for what they think is right.The problem is we follow even when we know it's wrong there's fear in being a individual there's comfort in the middle of the pack. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom