Why is my yield after 3 washes so crazy shitty?

Fietchen

The problem after 3 wash the ice was melting away :( I have to buy ice again today.

The Material I put in 200g dry buds the Harvest was a joke!

IMG_20231123_165658.jpg
IMG_20231123_165709.jpg
IMG_20231123_211748.jpg
Screenshot_2023-11-24-08-42-19-783_com.opera.browser.jpg

What was your final weight? 10-20% is normal. Some strains just don't hash well.
Pre freeze the bud and process whole buds in 50/50 water and ice. Goal is stay as close as possible to33 deg. Handling, grinding or processing too warm will pop the trichome sacks open. Cannabinoids will end up in the water and the screen collects the empty husks.

I don't know how you went about it so hard to tell...

I would have used the washer until it foamed, poured the contents of the machine through the bags
then moved the working bag of material to a separate bucket or back into the washer with fresh water.
I'd let it cool down a bit, then stir or use the washer just a tiny bit more, however
the additional passes are more about flooding the bags and getting the trichomes to sink to the bottom and less about agitation. You can treat it like a teabag and keep dipping it then pour it through again...

If you basically did that then maybe the machine doesn't have enough power to get the agitation you need.
For your first pass, while ur agitating, you want more ice than water and like I said in another thread of yours is I can't imagine these machines could even spin if you did that. I can barely stir my bucket by hand.

It's not that easy and it's time consuming. I know I've somewhat disappointing yields a few times.
That said though, the hash you got looks pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom