Will this light do anything?

Why Doe

I've had this light that just sits around and was wondering if I put it in my tent if it would help or just waste electricity. Was thinking of putting it on the bottom facing up or at the lower back. I grow 3 plants in a 4ft length tent each under 450w LEDs. I would much rather have double that, but the temps would be uncontrollable. I don't have any problems growing with my current set up, just figured I might throw this light in there since it just sits around.

IMG_230544.JPG

Depends on the time of day. Mid-day daylight is 5000 to 6000-ish K.

You can grow plants at 2700K (warm white) or 6500K (cool white). Light intensity trumps light color.

> Light intensity trumps light color.

> Err... Sometimes ;)

In the range we were talking about, 2700K to 6500K, pretty much, I think.

Are you postulating, then, that at equal intensitites, both of those would produce the same yield amount, all other variables being as nearly identical as possible?

Are you postulating, then, that at equal intensitites, both of those would produce the same yield amount, all other variables being as nearly identical as possible?

Nothing so precise at that. I just see a lot of folks here fretting about 2700K vs 3000K vs 6500K. All I'm saying is that any of those will work and that how many light bulbs is probably more important than their exact color.

Nothing so precise at that. I just see a lot of folks here fretting about 2700K vs 3000K vs 6500K. All I'm saying is that any of those will work and that how many light bulbs is probably more important than their exact color.

Okay. Yes, I'd agree with that.

I was thinking that, watt for watt, a 2,100K - 2,700K HPS would tend to out-yield a ~6,500K MH. But I don't suppose those would be considered to be of the same intensity, if one gets more gross light output per watt of HPS.

Back
Top Bottom