Will this soil work?

JWPcinders

Hello! Some quick info first. I currently have some plants growing inside that will be moved outside. Here they are!

55D0CAAE-C762-47E5-9C19-E570D40861DE.jpeg

They are currently potted in pro mix and I am adding nutes every watering. My plan is to move these outside in about a month. Now I am planting them in the ground so the question came up is my dirt good enough? So the plan is I am not going to take a chance and am going to buy some organic super soil. This is the soil that I found available near me. Is it good?

589DEAD1-6736-490C-B6E9-EDCCAA261446.png
A700F607-3F0F-4D43-9F59-37FDA9D0B390.png

Also should I dig a hole in the ground and replace all the soil with this super soil? Or should I mix the natural and the super soil together?

If you're growing right in the ground I would hold off on nutes unless you start to see an issue.
If you live on old farmland, or if you've been gardening in that spot for a long time your soil may need some help, but amending it with the super soil should take care of that. I would dig it in as wide as possible to loosen up any hard packed dirt or clay, make it easier for the roots to spread out.

Back
Top Bottom