Working on a new marijuana species 20+ grower

Should this thread be left open for further analysis, or close it for spreading false information?

• Keep open

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Close it

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters
IMG_20221230_181235.jpg

Mother ship no flower yet...crossing over again until flower comes up

Screenshot_20221230-182321.png
Then let’s talk about the inconsistency here. Clearly 2 separate cameras. The second picture is obviously skimmed from the internet and then cropped/altered to prevent reverse image search. Why can’t you provide a picture of the plant in greater resolution, but are MORE than willing to provide a picture of your hand that could absolutely identify you to ANY law enforcement agency willing to process the photo?

Then let’s talk about the inconsistency here. Clearly 2 separate cameras. The second picture is obviously skimmed from the internet and then cropped/altered to prevent reverse image search. Why can’t you provide a picture of the plant in greater resolution, but are MORE than willing to provide a picture of your hand that could absolutely identify you to ANY law enforcement agency willing to process the photo?
You're trying to play chess with a pigeon...like the saying goes...Bees don't spend all day trying to convince a fly that flowers are better than crap...:)

If I would say which two spieces which are different from ruderalis and indica i would give a start on the new cannabis spieces / how to cultivate and i am waiting patent ... sometimes you take things to the grave instead of destroying the different strains...
I am having a hard time figuring out what you are trying to say. No matter, I figure that you are confusing 'Strain' with 'Specie'. To do a whole new specie you will have to do a lot of manipulating of the DNA strand in both the female and male sides.

If it takes several million years for nature to come up with a new specie related to Cannabis it would seem that you could not pull it off in a couple of years in tent or a hidden spot in the woods. Unless, of course, you have access to a university or experimental lab doing work with CRISPR or some other Genetic Modification equipment.

Even coming up with the Freak Show strain took years of work and a lot of plants to cross-breed.

All I know is this brother I am headed to Mexico culiacan Sinaloa and that's where it's going to be grown the New breed of plant marijuana plant species because there's so many beautiful fields other than I'm stuck in the USA.... I wish I had a dispensary to test the bud though at the time one flowered the rest three of them I had to cut off the root and kill it... That is how I got the seeds.....
I read that pollen from male plants blowing through the region is a problem.
You will have to be careful if your neighbors are growing as well. :Namaste:
Just 2 cents.
Take care my friend.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Hey 123,

What you have appears to be new hybrid cannabis strain (not a new species) if it holds up under further scrutiny.… so kudos on that!!! However, this fits in same category as other genetic cannabis oddities such as DuckFoot, Grinspoon and Freakshow.

a US patent will prevent your intellectual property, work or invention from crossing international borders… that’s what a patent does.… DHS / US Customs enforces US Patent & Trademark law at every border crossing and at inbound international terminals for mail and freight…etc

If you are successful at getting a US Patent then you alone will have the right to sell those seeds or clones within all 50 States of the US of A…. further no other person entity can import or sell your cannabis strain in USA for 20 years from the date of filing for patent protection unless they are licensed by you….licenses are how you monetize your creation.

you may want to trademark the name of your strain…. this is totally separate from getting a patent

cartels are already shipping hookers, heroin, fentanyl, crystal meth and plenty of weed across border….. why would cartels need a stealthy looking cannabis plant??? Shazam that’s right - they don’t….

further if the cartels really want it - you’ll be found in a ditch outside Juarez or some other shithole wearing a 235R50 flaming steel belted radial as necklace. I belive the proper terminology is a “Colombian necktie”

if you are looking to monetize your effort then a US patent and Trademark protection is the way to go and then a reputable stateside breeder to sell your new hybrid cannabis seeds or clones…

and yes right away others can enjoy your work and build on it in future generations…. yup, only way to get money and/or recognition for your work - is to release it after you’ve protected your intellectual property, of course!

full disclosure: ymmv and not a real attorney, but if you are really seeking a patent then you’ve already shot your self in the foot by discussing it publicly and by releasing photos…. whoops your attorney should have advised you of this. If PTO finds your pics on the web and yep they will conduct a thorough search before issuing ANY paper

best of luck - keep us posted

edit to add: i get you want to keep your cards close to your vest but… how does it smoke? what kind of yields? have you had tested for THC percentage?

@420magazine123
Welcome to 420 ..... :welcome:

If you wanted to peak the interest of a bunch of expert growers, you certainly accomplished your goal, for a little while anyway. If you want to keep the interest, you will need to provide more info, data (and analysis), and photos in a more timely manner. There are a lot of highly educated growers here.

Since you mentioned cutting off the root, I hope you are not inferring that you are grafting and calling it a new species?

Please provide more info. Perhaps you should have waited to begin this thread until you were prepared to provide more data. We all would be willing to help however we could.

:Namaste:

everything you say honestly contradicts everything else you say. I graduated with a masters degree in chemical engineering from University of Mass in 1994 and have done LOADS of research into genetic engineering as well, and it seems that you are a victim of the Dunning Krueger phenomena here.. You clearly lack the depth of knowledge required to distinguish between species, subspecies, or variation and due to the fact that you believe merely providing more information on what you’re claiming is a new “species” could reveal how one could “create it” should be more than enough to realize if it is indeed that simple, then nothing ‘groundbreaking’ has been accomplished at all. The fact that you’re still ignoring the fact that you’re talking about patenting something that is illegal at the federal level, and then thinking that by moving to Mexico that the cartels will just allow you to grow anything and not only that, but allow YOU to profit it from it is just astonishing..
I don’t believe that you know at all what you’re talking about. Good luck pal.
0/10 larp, absolutely deplorable effort and awful subject matter. Rather disappointing..
Im clapping for you and for your accomplishments but if you here on this page honestly looking for an answers your not going to receive them I gave everyone clues.. if you can't read thats on You...I actually accomplished it with proof and pictures how much more clear does it get ignorance is a bliss you fall into the category of this... I hope you get with your research and chemistry and follow through with your dreams....

I wish you well, but just a caution, you might want to check with the Sinaloa drug cartels to see how they feel about competition, before moving your “operation” to Mexico.

my mind to keep up with real day one fake ones stay with Twitter fingers

What the heck does that mean?

I wish you well, but just a caution, you might want to check with the Sinaloa drug cartels to see how they feel about competition, before moving your “operation” to Mexico.

my mind to keep up with real day one fake ones stay with Twitter fingers

What the heck does that mean?
I have not clue what his line meant. But one thing that is starting to make me question what is being talked about is the quote below.
Mother ship no flower yet...crossing over again until flower comes up
The last time I tried to hold a conversation with someone who was 'crossing over again to the mother ship until flower comes up' was a cross between a Hari Krishna who had burned too much incense and a speed freak who decided to drop some acid so he could slow down.

but if you here on this page honestly looking for an answers your not going to receive them I gave everyone clues.. if you can't read thats on You...I actually accomplished it with proof and pictures how much more clear does it get
So now it is a guessing game?

The clues have to be better than a couple of blurry photos. How about real clues like the name and contact info for a botanist whose research university or company has verified his conclusion that you came up with a whole new specie of Cannabis within several years.

And a clue of where to find the peer review of your work in developing a whole new specie of plant would also be helpful. Otherwise some of us might not want continue to play the game.

I just read a news article about the Sinaloa cartel. Apparently they are working toward going legit in Mexico ahead of legalization there.
I read that a week or so ago. Not that article but one discussing the same thing. Cartel going legit and coming up with their own custom strains at the same time.

Their cannabis exports to USA have become a loss leader due to legalization in large swaths of North America.
Yep. The cost to get it across the border and then transport it around the country and have to deal with the competition. Part of the reason some of them decided to set up commercial underground grow operations this side of the Rio Grande.

but if you here on this page honestly looking for an answers your not going to receive them I gave everyone clues.. if you can't read thats on You...I actually accomplished it with proof and pictures how much more clear does it get

“I actually accomplished it with proof and pictures”

umm…………. No? You didn’t?

Im clapping for you and for your accomplishments but if you here on this page honestly looking for an answers your not going to receive them I gave everyone clues.. if you can't read thats on You...I actually accomplished it with proof and pictures how much more clear does it get ignorance is a bliss you fall into the category of this... I hope you get with your research and chemistry and follow through with your dreams....
Mate, I already accomplished my dreams. I’m retired. I don’t have to work anymore. The pictures you posted are questionable, unclear and of such low resolution that a positive identification would be impossible. Of course, the resort to condescension and further willful ignorance of the questions I posit tells me that once again… this is a LARP. Aka. Live Action Role-Play, and a very poorly designed one at that.

Good luck becoming the Q-Anon of Marijuana. The proclamation that you won’t make the $ you want unless you move to Mexico, along with many other head-scratching statements happen to be beautiful indicators of your truly awe-inspiring skills of deliberation and fore-thought. You have truly invested a great deal of thought and consideration into your plans :thumb:

May the Force be With You.
Let us know the midichlorian content of your strains when you get a chance ;)

So now it is a guessing game?

The clues have to be better than a couple of blurry photos. How about real clues like the name and contact info for a botanist whose research university or company has verified his conclusion that you came up with a whole new specie of Cannabis within several years.

And a clue of where to find the peer review of your work in developing a whole new specie of plant would also be helpful. Otherwise some of us might not want continue to play the game.
As if.

Umm.. mate… I hope you’re just doing this for laughs and giggles. I know when I paid $1250 for 10 seeds of Babysitter from Copycat Genetix that I went a little crazy, but I’d do that 100 times over before I ever paid $25k for this. You are telling people to study genetics but you believe that investing the time and effort into producing something like •this• whatever it is, rather than actually using selection to adopt desirable traits into an already existing genetic framework tells me that your knowledge is very limited. Not to mention, it would take many generations to achieve what you’re claiming to have achieved, and then talking about guerilla grows? You mean you don’t have an indoor laboratory setting? Why can’t you provide a picture with decent resolution? Cell phone cameras are MUCH better than what you’re displaying here.
That plant looks a little like the Frisian Duck strain by Dutch Passion.
Your product is based either on a Hawaiian landrace strain or an Australian strain with similar looking leaf mutations whether you know it or not. It certainly is NOT a new species it is a new or different strain at best. Or just an attempt to con people who don't know of the existence of the other strains with a similar morphology. Which is a little silly on a site like this where there are very many knowledgeable people.

That plant looks a little like the Frisian Duck strain by Dutch Passion.
Your product is based either on a Hawaiian landrace strain or an Australian strain with similar looking leaf mutations whether you know it or not. It certainly is NOT a new species it is a new or different strain at best. Or just an attempt to con people who don't know of the existence of the other strains with a similar morphology. Which is a little silly on a site like this where there are very many knowledgeable people.
I will grow some this spring one more time you will see male white pedal flowers and female nugs that are not fully developed which is weird to me but it is smokable with light marijuana smoke...the smoke is like mint cookie marijuana but it's not which is weird.... The bud grow with pedals...this is the last clue to 420magazine...It is not a hermaphrodite....it a different spieces crossover... Two flowers in one...

I will grow some this spring one more time you will see male white pedal flowers and female nugs that are not fully developed which is weird to me but it is smokable with light marijuana smoke...the smoke is like mint cookie marijuana but it's not which is weird.... The bud grow with pedals...this is the last clue to 420magazine...It is not a hermaphrodite....it a different spieces crossover... Two flowers in one...
Hey 123,

What you have appears to be new hybrid cannabis strain (not a new species) if it holds up under further scrutiny.… so kudos on that!!! However, this fits in same category as other genetic cannabis oddities such as DuckFoot, Grinspoon and Freakshow.

a US patent will prevent your intellectual property, work or invention from crossing international borders… that’s what a patent does.… DHS / US Customs enforces US Patent & Trademark law at every border crossing and at inbound international terminals for mail and freight…etc

If you are successful at getting a US Patent then you alone will have the right to sell those seeds or clones within all 50 States of the US of A…. further no other person entity can import or sell your cannabis strain in USA for 20 years from the date of filing for patent protection unless they are licensed by you….licenses are how you monetize your creation.

you may want to trademark the name of your strain…. this is totally separate from getting a patent

cartels are already shipping hookers, heroin, fentanyl, crystal meth and plenty of weed across border….. why would cartels need a stealthy looking cannabis plant??? Shazam that’s right - they don’t….

further if the cartels really want it - you’ll be found in a ditch outside Juarez or some other shithole wearing a 235R50 flaming steel belted radial as necklace. I belive the proper terminology is a “Colombian necktie”

if you are looking to monetize your effort then a US patent and Trademark protection is the way to go and then a reputable stateside breeder to sell your new hybrid cannabis seeds or clones…

and yes right away others can enjoy your work and build on it in future generations…. yup, only way to get money and/or recognition for your work - is to release it after you’ve protected your intellectual property, of course!

full disclosure: ymmv and not a real attorney, but if you are really seeking a patent then you’ve already shot your self in the foot by discussing it publicly and by releasing photos…. whoops your attorney should have advised you of this. If PTO finds your pics on the web and yep they will conduct a thorough search before issuing ANY paper

best of luck - keep us posted

edit to add: i get you want to keep your cards close to your vest but… how does it smoke? what kind of yields? have you had tested for THC percentage?

Back
Top Bottom