Working on a new marijuana species 20+ grower

Should this thread be left open for further analysis, or close it for spreading false information?

• Keep open

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Close it

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters
Hey 123,

What you have appears to be new hybrid cannabis strain (not a new species) if it holds up under further scrutiny.… so kudos on that!!! However, this fits in same category as other genetic cannabis oddities such as DuckFoot, Grinspoon and Freakshow.

a US patent will prevent your intellectual property, work or invention from crossing international borders… that’s what a patent does.… DHS / US Customs enforces US Patent & Trademark law at every border crossing and at inbound international terminals for mail and freight…etc

If you are successful at getting a US Patent then you alone will have the right to sell those seeds or clones within all 50 States of the US of A…. further no other person entity can import or sell your cannabis strain in USA for 20 years from the date of filing for patent protection unless they are licensed by you….licenses are how you monetize your creation.

you may want to trademark the name of your strain…. this is totally separate from getting a patent

cartels are already shipping hookers, heroin, fentanyl, crystal meth and plenty of weed across border….. why would cartels need a stealthy looking cannabis plant??? Shazam that’s right - they don’t….

further if the cartels really want it - you’ll be found in a ditch outside Juarez or some other shithole wearing a 235R50 flaming steel belted radial as necklace. I belive the proper terminology is a “Colombian necktie”

if you are looking to monetize your effort then a US patent and Trademark protection is the way to go and then a reputable stateside breeder to sell your new hybrid cannabis seeds or clones…

and yes right away others can enjoy your work and build on it in future generations…. yup, only way to get money and/or recognition for your work - is to release it after you’ve protected your intellectual property, of course!

full disclosure: ymmv and not a real attorney, but if you are really seeking a patent then you’ve already shot your self in the foot by discussing it publicly and by releasing photos…. whoops your attorney should have advised you of this. If PTO finds your pics on the web and yep they will conduct a thorough search before issuing ANY paper

best of luck - keep us posted

edit to add: i get you want to keep your cards close to your vest but… how does it smoke? what kind of yields? have you had tested for THC percentage?
Colombian necktie is when they cut your throat and pull your tongue out of the slit hence the necktie. I’m not sure what they call the tire procedure just know I don’t want it. Lmao CL🍀

everything you say honestly contradicts everything else you say. I graduated with a masters degree in chemical engineering from University of Mass in 1994 and have done LOADS of research into genetic engineering as well, and it seems that you are a victim of the Dunning Krueger phenomena here.. You clearly lack the depth of knowledge required to distinguish between species, subspecies, or variation and due to the fact that you believe merely providing more information on what you’re claiming is a new “species” could reveal how one could “create it” should be more than enough to realize if it is indeed that simple, then nothing ‘groundbreaking’ has been accomplished at all. The fact that you’re still ignoring the fact that you’re talking about patenting something that is illegal at the federal level, and then thinking that by moving to Mexico that the cartels will just allow you to grow anything and not only that, but allow YOU to profit it from it is just astonishing..
I don’t believe that you know at all what you’re talking about. Good luck pal.
0/10 larp, absolutely deplorable effort and awful subject matter. Rather disappointing..
Interestingly in order to obtain a patent the patent must contain in the claims and specification sufficient details so that a person skilled in the art can reproduce the subject of the application. Also a patent only gives the patentor a monopoly for the period of the patent and a cause of action for infringement of the patent. The US Patent office will not sue on your behalf and neither will any other government agency you have to foot that bill if you lose assuming the courts will hear the case at all. The subject of the potential patent is still illegal federally even getting such a patent is unlikely for the same reason.

Oh Yeah Law was my thing until I retired last November.

I will grow some this spring one more time you will see male white pedal flowers and female nugs that are not fully developed which is weird to me but it is smokable with light marijuana smoke...the smoke is like mint cookie marijuana but it's not which is weird.... The bud grow with pedals...this is the last clue to 420magazine...It is not a hermaphrodite....it a different spieces crossover... Two flowers in one...
So you are saying the plant has single flowers with both male and female organs combined?
or that it has female flowers and separate male pedicles? If that's the case what you will get is seed assuming the plant is fecund. And the seed, if it is a new species will produce the same pretty useless plants. But and here's the rub, There is and has only ever been a single species of Cannabis. It will not interbreed with any other member of the Cannabaceae family not even with its closest relative the Hop plant.

Interestingly in order to obtain a patent the patent must contain in the claims and specification sufficient details so that a person skilled in the art can reproduce the subject of the application. Also a patent only gives the patentor a monopoly for the period of the patent and a cause of action for infringement of the patent. The US Patent office will not sue on your behalf and neither will any other government agency you have to foot that bill if you lose assuming the courts will hear the case at all. The subject of the potential patent is still illegal federally even getting such a patent is unlikely for the same reason.

Oh Yeah Law was my thing until I retired last November.
What is interesting is that the only patent issued for cannabis has been to the US government. What is interesting about that is that the patent is for the medicinal benefits of the plant.

Also the US Gov't: "We label cannabis as a Schedule 1 drug because it has no known medicinal value."

F'ing hypocrites. :confused:

In the words of the best commander I ever had “Don’t talk about it, be about it” either put up the clear evidence or be on your way. Almost all of us are far too educated, far too street wise, and/or far too skeptical to take anyone at their word. You’re not dealing with a bunch of 18 year olds, the majority of us have been on this planet a long time and have little patience for games and empty promises.

Either show the evidence clearly, with at least some respect to the scientific method, or be relegated to running from helicopters and Mexican cartels.

I’m unsubbing from this thread, someone tag me if anything changes please.

I never said USPTO or any government org would sue on behalf of the inventor…

I showed people seeds and plant the seeds got taken down due to people not knowing how to message here

We don’t have problem messaging here…. and our host 420 Magazine does not remove ANY photos or text…. unless they expressly violate 420 Mag rules & regulations.

Why would you waste time and money to seek patent protection only to work with the cartels for a black market product?? <<< this goes miles beyond whack….

Think about it - weed grown in Mexico will probably never be allowed to legally cross the border…. we can grow it just fine here too and keep those jobs in the US.

and then there’s this….

is weird to me but it is smokable with light marijuana smoke

I do applaud your efforts and I say this as kindly as possible but Bro your fucking flow charts be broke….

there is ZERO to SLIM market space for another ABC… (Australian Bastard Cannabis) dunno if you are familiar but look it up - it’s a watered down half breed…umm err, I mean quarter breed

what I mean is if it’s not stabilized OR it does not have a very high THC percentage….

Then who wants it??
and why would you burn cash to patent it??
only to give it to the cartels??

Bottom line…. What properties does this new plant have that enhances cannabis?? By your own admission above the correct answer is NOTHIING…. your tinkerings have watered down the cannabis plant.

No doubt this is totally cool but just don’t see market potential. I will defs follow along to see where this lands but mostly I’m done here

Why don't you studying plant genetics and find out for your in this life nothing is for free everything has its time and place I'm not looking to become rich neither but I'm not telling you how I created it cause people will start destroying cannabis....

now tell me who is destroying cannabis??

the pathway to making cannabis better is simple, you cross breed the best cannabis strains possible.…with the best cannabis strains possible… as opposed to watering it down with another species that adds zilch

apologies, got stuck mid edit and couldn’t finish but wanted to complete my rant

peace out

maybe we should request to lock the thread up guys.

edit : we don't need to bash folk. misguided / weird ideas or not.

I recognize & will admit my previous posts may sound harsh…. I do hereby offer up my apologies as that was never my intent.

Seriously you should know we applaud your passion & effort because most of us are confident there are more discoveries to be made with this plant… With that said don’t think what you’ve got is ready for prime time. If necessary I’ll be thrilled to eat my words later on….

it all boils down to 1 simple question for the original poster…. Have you improved the cannabis plant?

Two flowers in one...

I'm still lost with the "crossing over" and "New Species" thing, you can't get a new species unless you either do some gene splicing or breed it to a non cannabis species (and there are no non cannabis species that will interbreed with cannabis, even hops, which is in the same family). Considering the OP says he's doing guerilla grows I'm doubting he has access to the equipment needed for gene splicing. Also the description of the flowers ""with Petals" and "two flowers in one" sounds like they are monecious, so everything will be seeded. I'm doubting that what he is growing is actually marijuana of any kind.

I recognize & will admit my previous posts may sound harsh…. I do hereby offer up my apologies as that was never my intent.
Same I was taking the piss with someone I thought was taking the piss lol.

Not sure if he’s a trolling, but feel bad if he does believe in this.
Forums are great for sharing ideas and learning new things. Without forums I wouldn’t be a grower and I certainly wouldn’t have learned a quarter of what I have.
it’s important to share as much info as possible and be open minded with the feedback. It kind of defeats the purpose otherwise.

If I were you I’d create the thread again whenever your patent is through and you are able to discuss the project. That way your followers can collaborate with you, give ideas, take notes, and help make advancements.

The canna community wants to helps everyone’s grow bigger and better plants. I don’t think anyone could want any different for anyone.

Hope to see you around and to hear more of your idea/project when you can discuss it.

Get a diary going for your Guerilla grow, that would be fun and interesting to follow until then :)

Back
Top Bottom