Working on a new marijuana species 20+ grower

Should this thread be left open for further analysis, or close it for spreading false information?

• Keep open

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Close it

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters
No issues at all sir. 😊 I had totally forgotten about this thread and it will more than likely be closed as the votes have shown the majority disagree with the OPs purported findings.

holy shit there was a vote ?

lemme guess ... officials in georgia wouldn't cave to political pressure and now some orange guy is screaming that the new species was cheated out of existence but really is a part of reality for sure. like almost solid. like smoke but thinner. and it was stolen.

No issues at all sir. 😊 I had totally forgotten about this thread and it will more than likely be closed as the votes have shown the majority disagree with the OPs purported findings.
Six to four is a majority but not much of one with only 10 people voting at this moment.;).

Not much of a believer in closing threads and so far this one has not really shown any major problem that was not taken care of. Most likely it will fade back into the background soon anyway.

The idea of closing this thread for "spreading false information" really bothers me. Seems pretty harmless (and quite entertaining in a "Do you believe in aliens?" kind of way). Maybe just move it miscellaneous or something?
I agree. He's never really followed up on his original claims so maybe he's quietly realizing he overstepped a bit.

 Or, maybe he's making sure he's got all the patents in place before he reveals it to the world!

Either way, no harm in leaving the thread open. It'll stop being relevant if we stop resurrecting it by making new comments. :laughtwo:

The idea of closing this thread for "spreading false information" really bothers me. Seems pretty harmless (and quite entertaining in a "Do you believe in aliens?" kind of way). Maybe just move it miscellaneous or something?
There’s two ways one could look at this, yes it might be harmless. But why is @420 Magazine allowing something that they know is b.s. to continue to be spreading misinformation? IMO CL🍀

There’s two ways one could look at this, yes it might be harmless. But why is @420 Magazine allowing something that they know is b.s. to continue to be spreading misinformation? IMO CL🍀
Because that's how science is done and new discoveries are made. Someone goes way out on a limb and proves to all the naysayers that they have, in fact, discovered something new.

So, if we censor someone from making their claims we're no better than governments censoring what can and cannot be said in an effort to control their populations. You know, free speech and all that. Plus, what's he hurting by making his claim? Nothing.

If this is B.S. it will be revealed in due time either with his "proof" which we can all evaluate, or because it disappears from the conversation.

The OP said he would do another grow this spring and once again show us proof. So, let him do it. It would be quite the discovery if he's right.

And I hope he is.

Because that's how science is done and new discoveries are made. Someone goes way out on a limb and proves to all the naysayers that they have, in fact, discovered something new.

So, if we censor someone from making their claims we're no better than governments censoring what can and cannot be said in an effort to control their populations. You know, free speech and all that. Plus, what's he hurting by making his claim? Nothing.

If this is B.S. it will be revealed in due time either with his "proof" which we can all evaluate, or because it disappears from the conversation.

The OP said he would do another grow this spring and once again show us proof. So, let him do it. It would be quite the discovery if he's right.

And I hope he is.
I didn’t say do this or do that but what I did say was that there was two ways of looking at it. That’s my opinion and you have yours and that’s what free speech is all about. But you still can’t yell fire 🔥 in a theater if there’s not one. CL🍀

But you still can’t yell fire 🔥 in a theater if there’s not one. CL🍀
Because that could end up hurting people.

If I say the sky is purple, not blue, what does that hurt anyone else? And, maybe I live in a place where there's some funky ground vents spewing vapors into the air and that is my reality. Or maybe I'm color blind and can't tell the difference.

You don't  know that's he's spreading false information, that's just your opinion. Until he provides more background there's no proof either way.

Because that could end up hurting people.

If I say the sky is purple, not blue, what does that hurt anyone else? And, maybe I live in a place where there's some funky ground vents spewing vapors into the air and that is my reality. Or maybe I'm color blind and can't tell the difference.

You don't  know that's he's spreading false information, that's just your opinion. Until he provides more background there's no proof either way.
I never said that he was,all I said was that there was two ways of looking at it. CL🍀 Edit: And you don’t know that he isn’t!

Free speech is lovely and I work to protect it by trying to be honest. That means me telling the truth. I expect and demand the same. When intentional lying comes into play I say end it. No lies! This weakens us all as a group! This person has not, and history tells me liars are here for themselves and not for the collective.

Free speech is lovely and I work to protect it by trying to be honest. That means me telling the truth. I expect and demand the same. When intentional lying comes into play I say end it. No lies! This weakens us all as a group! This person has not, and history tells me liars are here for themselves and not for the collective.
Amen to that. CL🍀

Edit: And you don’t know that he isn’t!
None of us know. And that's the whole point. He was very enthused with his new discovery when he brought it forward. We asked for more detail and proof, he said he'd do another grow this spring and give us all another chance to be dazzled by his discovery (paraphrasing here obv.)

We all think it pretty unlikely he has discovered something new to science, and with the limited info he has released we remain unconvinced.

But it's science in the end that will prove it one way I the other. If his results get enough traction a simple gene test should be all that's required to prove it one way or the other.

So, all I'm saying is that none of us know. We all have our opinions including the OP, but nothing has been proven. Now if his plant was subjected to scientific testing and came back as yet another normal hybrid and the OP still persisted in calling it a new species then that would be different.

I'm in the camp that says his claims are harmless and I'm rooting for him to have truly pulled it off.

Plus, what's he hurting by making his claim? Nothing.
Himself. At least that is the way I see it.

His claim was that he discovered an entirely new specie of Marijauana/Cannabis. He mentions that there is Indica, Sativa and Hybrid and seems to be saying that those are individual specie themselves. He now has a new "different family tree of plant specie". Some pointed out that Cannabis is the specie and at best he might have found a new sub-specie if we already accept Indica and Sativa to be already existing sub-specie.

He wrote:
From msg #1: " I call this new species of marijuana plant cross over because it can cross over in all three plants and cannot be a hybrid it a whole mutated plant it self with a whole other different family tree of plant species..."
Part of the problem is that he seems to be unfamiliar with the basics of plants, species and The Tree of Life as used by science. Most likely he is confusing a new Marijuana strain or cultivar as if it were a "new specie". And he implies that they can be cross breed with each other in another message.

It is hard enough to cross two different specie like a horse and a donkey to get either a mule or a hinny and when it works they are sterile except in the most rare of cases because of breeding two different specie. Yet, he again seems to imply that his new Marijuana specie can produce viable seed.

For all we know he came up with a new strain just like the "Freakshow" which was the result of cross breeding various strains. That took several years while the breeders checked plants for desirable leaf shape and THC production but they did not claim a new plant specie.

A lot of this went over my head, but it was still an interesting read.

I voted to shut the thread down. I still consider myself a newbie and this site is very educational. Having information that is vague or inaccurate only hurts the newbie grower... and the site's reputation.

If the OP returns with more information, photos, etc, then that's great! Until then....

I think things like this weaken the Mag. Folks come here to learn. Reading this only causes confusion. We can only learn from correct data. This is a waste of time and will snowball out of control in time when folks find they believe in something that doesn't exist but will demand the space to write about it as truth. Bro science is one thing, deliberate lying corrodes what keeps us working together. Without truth no one can trust each other and the party is over. 👀 An open mind is a beautiful thing until it becomes full of untruths!

Back
Top Bottom