Working on a new marijuana species 20+ grower

Should this thread be left open for further analysis, or close it for spreading false information?

• Keep open

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Close it

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters
I think things like this weaken the Mag. Folks come here to learn. Reading this only causes confusion. We can only learn from correct data. This is a waste of time and will snowball out of control in time when folks find they believe in something that doesn't exist but will demand the space to write about it as truth. Bro science is one thing, deliberate lying corrodes what keeps us working together. Without truth no one can trust each other and the party is over. 👀 An open mind is a beautiful thing until it becomes full of untruths!
But only if it goes unchallenged and right from the early posts there were counter arguments against the idea. So, all a new grower had to do was read a few posts and see that there were opposing thoughts on the subject and it was not a settled issue.

I think all of the counter arguments make this much less likely to actually be a thing, but none of us really know.

I think to three things I use in my grows that had the same "no way it can work" when they were first proposed and, had they been censored because someone claimed they were misinformation and somehow harmful, they would not be producing the proven results they do.

My three examples are:
-Compost teas must be aerobic otherwise you'll damage your plants
-Depriving your flowering plants of water late in the cycle can only hurt your plants
-Keeping your plant roots constantly submerged in water will always lead to root rot

But then along comes Jadam, Droughting, and SIPs.

So, what I'm saying is the generally accepted "truths" we think we all know and blindly accept, cannot be challenged if they are censored, and in the process we might lose out on some great progress.

So, let's have the science determine the truth, not what some individual or group of people with power determine what information we all get to see. Then we make our own determination if it's not black and white.

there's a bloated horse lying in the middle of the street if anyone else wants to grab a stick and whack away.

But only if it goes unchallenged and right from the early posts there were counter arguments against the idea. So, all a new grower had to do was read a few posts and see that there were opposing thoughts on the subject and it was not a settled issue.

I think all of the counter arguments make this much less likely to actually be a thing, but none of us really know.

I think to three things I use in my grows that had the same "no way it can work" when they were first proposed and, had they been censored because someone claimed they were misinformation and somehow harmful, they would not be producing the proven results they do.

My three examples are:
-Compost teas must be aerobic otherwise you'll damage your plants
-Depriving your flowering plants of water late in the cycle can only hurt your plants
-Keeping your plant roots constantly submerged in water will always lead to root rot

But then along comes Jadam, Droughting, and SIPs.

So, what I'm saying is the generally accepted "truths" we think we all know and blindly accept, cannot be challenged if they are censored, and in the process we might lose out on some great progress.

So, let's have the science determine the truth, not what some individual or group of people with power determine what information we all get to see. Then we make our own determination if it's not black and white.
All of the examples you listed have been used long before you even started using them. CL🍀

Nothing stopping 123 from bringing it back when it comes to fruition if and when that happens. I prefer to wait.

get a rock and a chisel to carve a chair. you'll need something that lasts the millennia.

The problem isn’t his claim. People make claims all the time and are given the benefit of the doubt. Or at the very least are given the space to prove their claim. It’s not even about the science or keeping an open mind.

It’s that he came with little to no evidence of his claim. When pressed for evidence, in 2023, he gave the most potato of images any of us have seen in years. The quality was so poor it felt like Nigerian scammer vibes. It had 2020 election fraud vibes. No actual hard evidence, just a bunch of low quality intentionally opaque nonsense. I’m surprised we didn’t get YouTube links honestly.

When pressed further, He spun wild tales about cartels and patents. When asked to elaborate he confused basic elements of scientific classifications. Every response he had, made less and less sense, undermining his position further and further.

When someone attempts to make a wild claim they usually provide data or evidence to back it up. What we got was a wild runaround that drained any sort of seriousness or “science” from the thread. OP lost the benefit of the doubt long ago.

However, because I am always trying to stay open minded, I still would be willing to see any real evidence he has, but I’m not holding my breath for it.

@Pat Puffer re: “🤔 all valid points. The OP sure has generated a ton of fervor.”

Agreed.. This is a great place for disagreements and discussions. I wish it was like this in other places.

Mother ship no flower yet...crossing over again until flower comes up

Screenshot_20221230-182321.png
Nice pic....

Gonna have to try harder to stump me with something botanical.

Someone has been smoking
Common motherwort.

Invasive shrub brought from Asia.
We have it here.
Small purple/light pink/white flowers.

Back
Top Bottom