Worried

Glad to hear it went well, but sorry about your "friend"....what's up with that shit?

ditto to going sober! lol

I just read this whole thread today and as everybody else here, wish you the best of luck with the Jury. Hope you can get back to your regular life after this all blows over with a Jury.

Did a little research for you about the miranda rights (anything you told them before your rights were read should be thrown out because it would have been obtained illegally!):

The Miranda warning is a police warning that is given to criminal suspects in police custody in the United States before they are asked questions relating to the commission of crimes. Police may request biographical information such as name, date of birth and address without reading suspects their Miranda warnings. Compulsory confessions will not constitute admissible evidence unless suspects have been made aware of and waived their "Miranda rights".

if public safety warrants such action, the police may ask questions prior to a reading of the Miranda warning, and the evidence thus obtained can sometimes still be used against the defendant. (but you weren't endangering any lives)

yea id reallt like to take it toa jury trial but all of my family tells me to take a deal of probation. im sure i could get off all charges if i took a jury trial.
the d.a. did not give me an offer AGAIN!. i have another court date on 4 16. im soooo sick of this... and form what you say CubsRule420. then i should be able to go to my jury trial and have it all dismissed? is that what you say?
my lawyer is an idiot. i hate to say it. but hes just a public defender. and he sucks. but my only option.

although i haven't posted thus far, i have been keeping up with your story. i just want you to know i am pulling for you. you have had some rotten people in your life. the story about your sister and her kids, and this with your "friend" stabbing you in the back. i wish that i could be a support for you in person, you seem like you need someone just to lean on once in a while. you have friends here and i hope that everything goes better for you, you deserve a break

court went odd.. i was the ultimate last today. the guy before me had my lawyer and he got up to leave and the judge asked why he was leaving and he forgot all about me! and my offer was 2 years in jail and 3 years in prison with no probation apon release. i said no. now im taking it to a jury trial. my lawyer says even tho i was read my rights after they searched my house, and after i made my statement, that it is still legal because i was already in custody because i gave them permission to search my house! i had to, they were going to take me to jail if i didnt. bastards didnt give me a choice. im so scared. im so angry. im angry with me for the choices i made, im angry with the law for screwing me, angry at my friend for setting me up, and angry with my doctors for waking me, i want to run. i wanna run so bad. and i have nowhere to hide...all i have left is my sanity and im losing that..
i have court again on monday..

I just picked up on this thread. It is truly a tragedy of epic proportions. I don't cry easily but I have to admit my eyes were moist when I got to the end of the thread. I relate to your fear of the unknown but do not discount your inner strength to cope with this. You have a beautiful child that is going to be around long after this mess is over. Be strong. Be positive, and never ever give up hope.

thanx for that smokin.moose. i dont feel so strong today. but maybe with some sleep. ill feel better tomorrow.

damn..I also just picked up on this thread...theres nothing I think I can say to help, and it frustrates me. FUCKING gvmt

You are so right CMX. The real crime in this is separating a mother from her child over weed. I don't like commenting on laws in another country, but it seems some of the drug laws and penalties in the US are incredibly draconian.

today they gave me an offer of 2 years in jail and 3 years in prison. my lawer was trying to argue probation and my prosecuting attorney guy, did not agree. i told my lawyer that if he would not let me have probation then i would take it to a jury trial..witch some make me feel my rights were violated, and it seems so to me. but as for my lawyer he says yes and no. that there is fine lines but we can give it a try. so we filed for a dissmissal on the grounds of my illegal search and sezire ( saying they had a warrant and did not) but in illnoise it is legal to gain entry with minuplation) {not the same word he used} but not in wisconsin. (where i live) and violation of my miranda rights.( as described above). i would take life probation to stay out of prison!

thanx and sorry to hear you got the blunt end for something so petty. law is so screwed up in priorties..

this is the first time i've seen this thread but my heart goes out to you. every stoner's heart probably goes out to you though. i hate to see other people commit way harsher crimes and receive great offers from the man. it just blows my mind.:hmmmm: love and luck to you friend

peace

I've followed this sad epic for sometime now and it just rips my heart out to think that the state of Wisconsin and the DEA have in their mind rendered a legal protective service to this state/country...I do not feel served by this, but gravely offended and angry that these terrorists think they are serving the community & this family by putting this poor sister in lock up for 2-5yrs...while a child is left to be raised by someone other than the mother. The sad fact is that this could be anyone of us and our families would be dragged through hell over something so benign as marijuana...if it were meth/crack/herion...I say lock those individuals in rehab and tight probation...for pot the worst she should get is a warning! VOTE OUT ALL POLITICIANS THAT FEEL THIS ACTION IS JUSTIFIED AND WRITE TO CHANGE THE LAW...G.W.Bush's DAYS WILL COME TO AN END AND WE MAY HAVE A SHOT AT RIGHTING THIS INSANITY!!! 2008 could be the year of righting a hell of a lot of wrongs done in the name of justice/security nonsense.:peace:

I'm very sorry to read about your situation. I don't quite understand what you say you have been offered. What you have printed is "two years in jail and three years in prison". Do you mean that you have been offered two years in jail and three on probation?

I certainly understand your frustration in dealing with the public defender. I practice law, myself; and even though I haven't practiced criminal law in many years, I know how easy it is to be made to feel that your public defender is just going through the motions.

On the other hand, it is very likely that your public defender knows the local prosecutors and judges very well. Moreover, he or she very likely knows what the juries in your area are prone to do with a case like yours. As hard as it might be to accept, it might well be that the best thing for you and your family is to go along with the plea that has been negotiated for you. In any event, please accept my best wishes.

Hey I just found this post and as I reading threw it... I'm so sorry this shit has to happen to you... Like someone else said in this post, I dont tear easily, but reading threw this hurts me and makes me want to cry...
This kinda of stuff is happening everyday to people around this country, we just got a first hand look into this devasting mess...
everybody reading this if this hurts you as much as me, please check out norml and right your representives and congressman urging them to change the law.. Its time they accept whats been accepted since the beginning of are time.. Free the herb!! Free yourself! I wish you best of luck, and hope everything goes good for you.. Hang in their, you'll be ok.

:peace:
~Jon

It doesn't seem like as much illegal search and seasure as it does entrapment. They threatened you that if you did not allow them to search your house that they would take you to jail on no grounds(from what I understand). I would say that they threatened you, simply because that all they had to do was get a warrant faxed to their car which takes at most an hour, and they didn't. Instead they threatened you with unreasonable restraint which is ilegal(According to my Business Professor who is a Lawyer)

I'm very sorry to read about your situation. I don't quite understand what you say you have been offered. What you have printed is "two years in jail and three years in prison". Do you mean that you have been offered two years in jail and three on probation?

I certainly understand your frustration in dealing with the public defender. I practice law, myself; and even though I haven't practiced criminal law in many years, I know how easy it is to be made to feel that your public defender is just going through the motions.

On the other hand, it is very likely that your public defender knows the local prosecutors and judges very well. Moreover, he or she very likely knows what the juries in your area are prone to do with a case like yours. As hard as it might be to accept, it might well be that the best thing for you and your family is to go along with the plea that has been negotiated for you. In any event, please accept my best wishes.
It is great for your input to her Bigdog...having your back ground will be encouraging to her I hope...We are here for you baby!!!

I just read this whole post and it sickens me. The government's priorities are all wrong. I hear all the time of murderers, rapists and child molestors getting released on technicalities or getting cut unbelievable deals. It just goes to show that this law system was made for the rich Anyhow my thoughts and prayers go out to you. Best of luck.

wow all i can say is thank you to all of you. just hearing words that what i have done is not as horrible as i feel i have done makes me feel better. if that makes sence... sometimes i feel like im a horrible mom for making the choices i did weither i can find justification in it or not.
as for the 2 years in jail and 3 years in prison, i was told by my lawyer a person cannot be in prison less than 2 years, and not in jail for more than 2 without going to a prison system. and the two years in jail would give me huber to child sit my son till i went to prison. i think i got that right..
i did check out the norml site and wrote my senators, and the president. i recieved a letter from senator Judith Robson she stating that she supports treatment programs insted of penal sentences. and she supports bill 518 introduced in 04.
and bill 518 in 05. but said nothing on supporting the use of marijuana for medical purposes. just informed me of a case Gonzales v. Raich.stating the government has the authority on interstate commerce to police drug trafficking as they see fit.blah blah blah... i dont think she supports it.....
but gave me adresses of other officials to write to..
and every one i have written i have recieved the exact same letter in the mail! all that is different is the name at the top!
yes there is days i feel really little and alone in this huge ass world, and there are days where i feel proud that i found a way to keep my son fed and clothed.
i never really paid much attention to marijuana offenders and this past year i have watched so many lives go down the tubes because the law is soo inept, and greedy. the law complains so much about over crowded jails and prisons when its a double standard complaint!
Big Dog: id like to say thanx for your opinions.. altho i already told my lawyer i want a trial. i could not look at my kid and say ill take it. i looked at him and thought, your not taking me without a fight. am i wrong??? i suppose time will tell. i have court on monday..........
thanx to all of you.......

good luck today!!

Back
Top Bottom