Yellow leaves

Greenethumb42

20151124_154840.jpg
20151124_154813.jpg
20151124_154801.jpg

Can someone tell me why my leaves are turning yellow..I run my pH at 6.5 and I am almost 3 weeks into veg..I don't think I have my cfls to close..can someone please help me..

To what schedule are you feeding? I have no experience with fox farm.
Have you checked soil ph?
What soil is it?
Is it pre loaded with nutrients?
How often do you water?
A little sprout like that in a pot that big? I'd probably be watering once every 10 days or so. I don't feed my girls till they are 3-4 weeks old as my soil keeps them happy till then.

Let her dry out a lot and feed her ph adjusted water.

Have you considered Fungus gnats(they are a pain), they look like fruit flys and lay their larvae in the top soil (yet they only appear when the top inch of soil is very wet. The larvae dont like ur plant but rather the fungi and decaying matter in ur wet soil, your plants roots get cought in the crossfire and get eating and damaged cause deficiencies no matter what light or ph your using. I had this problem and my plants are still recovering.

your lights are way to close to the plant and you have the end pointed at your plant get them up to a foot and have them run sideways over the plant also use a smaller start pot I use paper cups you could look at the roots and see what is happening mostly I see a lack of 02 loosen up the soil around the plant carefully deeper on outside and not so deep close to plant at that age they should toward the bottom. Do you have other plants if so what changed. If you use the book it's showing a potassium def. but that one is usually caused from nutrient lock out and not a missing nut. Did you start it in that bowl.

What are you growing in and if is a potting soil which kind my money is on the media and your feeding already I don't feed till 10 days and then only 1/5 the label till it responds. Someone else said and it should inscribed in stone.

your lights are way to close to the plant and you have the end pointed at your plant get them up to a foot and have them run sideways over the plant

I do agree with running the lamps sideways, I have to disagree with the distance. You want your cfl's within a few inches. When I was running them, they were 2 inches away from the bulbs all the way through. A crispy leaf edge or two but no problems whatever.

I agree with your premise however right now he wants that plant to look up and generally I think it has had too much of everything. If the lights are too high the plant even next to death will reach for it if not in the file 13 after a long look at the roots. In the time it takes to bring back you could order seeds and start a new one. I don't explain like I should about dumb stuff that I do from having done it so many times. I set the lights height by the tips of the leaves not the tape measure if tips are pointing up more lights if the tips are just starting down a little is just right. The problem is the little buggers keep going up. Every grower is a good thing and I would not want you to think that I am saying your wrong and I am right the more ideas and opinions is a good thing I am an retired Army ranger and used to get it said and get on with it. Sorry but if it will not fight and reach for the light it will end up as a not so wonderful plant. I must say I have never grown with that light but always though that pointing a light at a plant from close was a bad idea but make it reach a little if it responds then it will survive if its stuck in water or nut. over load you must kinda wake it up air the soil with a small fork get it some O2.

okay if you are in soil...even a bad off the shelf, I just opened the bag and used it blend...you don't want to be using nutes that early. That is young enough it is just now starting to use nutes in the soil. If you have added anything to that young of a plant it will burn.

A decent soil blend will need no nutes in veg unless you are doing a very long veg...I mean like more than 2 months veg.

do a search for super soil and you can find tons of professionals explaining great blends. Poke around here long enough you may find I have posted mine many times. Then all you do is add water and at some point you flip the lights and down the road you might want to add some bloom nutes and a few enhancers.

After a few grows with some experience you will learn a lot and be able to do the grow a bit more aggressive and may need some more nutes.

The one caveat is that pot is really small. So you will get root bound very quickly and then you will quickly use up what is there and then you will have to know what you are doing. 1/3 the plant is in the roots. So if you can imagine how much roots you can grow in there...the plant above ground can naturally get to about twice that before you have to know how to make it work beyond what nature intended.

:goodluck:

Thanks everyone...this is my second grow so I'm still new..I think I'm giving it to much nuts..I been using big bloom and grow big..do you think it would be a good idea to transplant it into a smaller cup or pot..with new soil..I am using an organic soil from lowes..and if the lights were to close they would burn the leaves that are the closest to the light and there not it's the bottom leaves..I used cfls for my first grow and they worked fine..I only have one plant...what should I do

I took everyone's advise and losing the soil to breath and I turned the lights side ways..I had 2 23w 6400k on each side with 2 42w 6400k..so I took both the 42w and put them together and I can tell a difference already..I'm afraid to transplant it I don't want it to die from shock..plus the leaves being yellow worries me too..thanks again for everyone's opinions..

That container isnt so large that you absolutely must transplant, but if you do not follow the advice given above to let that soil dry out for a week to 10 days, you will probably kill this plant. The poor little thing does not need nutes either... it is barely surviving as it is. It is sick from overwatering, and all the nutes in the world will not help it. It needs to dry out and get oxygen down to its lower roots, and for this to happen you are going to need to stop watering. Look up the lift method and learn it. The next time you water, that container should be feather light... so light you will wonder how in the world it is still living. The soil should be dry... sahara desert dry... mummys breath dry.... and your plant will be happily sitting there... not dying... and actually starting to reach up to the light.

You can recover from this, but what you have been doing, obviously is not working. Check your premises... something is wrong. The big container was one of these. Look up the value of successive up-potting. You will do better next time with that knowledge under your belt.

This time... those yellow leaves... nitrogen deficiency. Not because there is no nitrogen in your soil... for there is plenty. Your plant is no longer able to feed itself what it needs to keep the new growth coming in, because its roots are damaged from being underwater too long. It is grabbing what it needs for the new growth, by cannibalizing the lower leaves. The only way to fix this, and save this plant, is to save the roots. I still am not convinced that repotting to a solo cup wouldn't be a good idea... you can always come back to this container after a week or two of intensive care, letting those roots dry out and recover.

Back
Top Bottom