Yellowing Leaves - Outdoor Grow

Radioactive

Strain: 3x Fire OG 60% Indica 40% Sativa
Soil: Organic Super Soil - Scotts - 7 gallon pots
Feed: 20-20-20 1/2 teaspoon per 10 gallon every other watering, Will be using Earth Juice soon.

Here are some pics
img0949jt.jpg

img0950k.jpg

img0951oz.jpg

img0952qn.jpg

img0953jo.jpg

Sorry about the crapy phone pics

Are they hungry for more nutes, or is it to much? I PH my water before watering and feeding and I only water when needed by testing the soil for moisture.

They have hairs/pre flowers all over them, do I need to switch to bloom feed?

I did spray some Organicide about two weeks ago on them to take care of some white flys, is that what is causing the yellow?

Is it just the strain? They have always had a neon kind of tint to them.

They are getting big, the plant is probably focusing its energy on the tops while the bottom leaves become a source of extra nutrients when the plant runs short. I believe that this is natural, and have witnessed it on my few indoor grows. Let us know how it goes!

I am starting to feed every watering, the same dose I do every other. ( 1/2 tsp to 10 gallons of 20-20-20) I will be getting earth juice later this week and will add some of that to the mix. I think the soil just isn't producing enough nutes. I wish there was some more info on this strain.

This morning they are looking a lot greener, seems like they just needed more food since they are getting bigger. I will snap a photo after work to compare.

hi buddy.
you say you test your water, but have you tested your soil?

20-20-20 is pretty crap to be honest mate...your better off using standard compost instead of that (and liquid seaweed/molasses in your water).
as a general rule of thumb veg needs 3-2-1 and flower needs 1-2-3.

if you have no extra nitrogen right now to add...piss on them. well not on them exactly, but mix up some water with urine and pour on the soil, will provide extra N.

feeding them 20-20-20 ratio may have cause an imbalance in the soil and excess salts, a low nute flush may be in order if the problem persists =)

Thanks for the advice, I was planning on switching to Earth Juice, a buddy of my has it, just need to pick it up. My dosage of the 20-20-20 is super way low @ 1/2 tsp for 10 gallons of water, so hopefully nothing will be affected negatively.

Here are some pics, they look a little better I believe. I am getting the earth juice tonight :) and am going to be switching to strictly that until bloom.

20120712114214.jpg

20120712114234.jpg

20120712114254.jpg

Nute mix is usually per gal..,.1/2 tea per 10 gal is like no nutes...your plant has a nute def...all nutes...they'll survive...they are old enough for full strength nutes...:goodluck:

just use the right ratio's 3-2-1 veg 1-2-3 flower...to get 1-2-3 with 20-20-20 you would dilute accordingly and add bonemeal and potash to the soil as a top dressing...just as an example.

Thanks for the input. I didn't want to burn them up, so I kept extremely low. They were fine until just recently getting nutes from the soil I suppose. I'm getting the earth juice tonight, so we will see how that goes.

I have been feeding them fish emulsion and earth juice and they seem to be getting greener. Here are some updated pics:
Plant419.jpg

Plant324.jpg

Plant249.jpg

Plant145.jpg

I have upped the dosage to 2 tbsp per gallon of both earth juice and fish emulsion. Any thoughts? Do you think I should do some trimming of some of the fans in the bushier areas? Any help is much appreciated.

Okay thanks, I will wait and see how it goes this next week. I do have some nitrogen 16-0-0 that hydro store gave me for a sample. Maybe I can use that if needed.

Says organic... but that word is thrown around fairly loosely. Don't know much about the product though. I think it's 3d organics grow solution, Im not at home to check.

lol just shitting with ya mate =p
Its up to you as the grower to live with your own conscience. i dont really care about 'organic' half as much as i care about renewable resources.

if i can use pee on my plants theni think its a great idea...we are NEVER gonna run out of pee even if every grower used it.
cant say the same about perlite and i worry that i cant say the same obout the stuff we use in highbrix growing.

i dont consider brix soil to be good karma till we are certain we have endlessly renewable sources for each mineral.
I know there are LOTS in the ground, but lots is not infinite. imagine 50 billion people extracting Azomite for their home grown veg...we WILL run out =/

Back
Top Bottom