Zephyrs Cherry 18 Grow

I did a SCROG grow here last fall and it turned out amazing. It's certainly the way to go and something I'll do again. The main benefit is that you have an even canopy and all the lower nodes get promoted to colas. When I mentioned that I wouldn't top, it's because three nodes are preferable to two to fill the net faster. All three nodes will develop colas of roughly the same size from being tied down. I just tuck instead of tying but it's probably the same thing. You're free to defoliate below the canopy before you flip, if you're up to it or you can also just chop the colas off when they're ready and give the lowers a bit more time to finish up. A little stretch once u flip is a good thing I think.
Yeah man, I think I'll slowly defoliate under the screen. As there are still big viable fan leaves working. But Ultimately, I want nothing growing under the screen foliage wise? Come time for the 12/12 switch? Good idea or No?

Some people trim it all away for air flow and to have less popcorn to trim but it's really up to you. I left my lowers when I did it and just gave them another few weeks to finish. Generally, more is more but I'm pretty new to the defoliation thing. Anyway bro, you got this!

Just caught up. Look good cant wait for flower! :popcorn:
Right On Buddy, :high-five: Welcome to the Cherry 18 show! Flowering is just around the corner! Maybe 2 more weeks.

Well I tied her down again this morning. She looks so traumatized. But she's a healthy girl I think, so I got faith she'll bounce back with vigor! And also I took all the new growth sites off under the screen, on each branch. Hopefully they don't grow back.

I feel like I should flip her to 12/12 within days. As she is approaching 2 months of vegative state, in a 5 gallon pot. That's only filled with 4.7 gallons of soil.

So Folks, Opinions Welcome!? Should I flip her to bud in 4-5 days? Or topdress 2-3 Inches more of super soil, and let her fill out for 10-14 more days? Before the pre flower stretch?
20220121_093520.jpg
20220121_093625.jpg
20220121_093643.jpg

I'd push her for 10 days and flip. The screen should be full by then. Doing good @Zephyrs.
That's the Enthusiasm I like!!:cheer: The thing is that, I still have about 4 inches of more soil I could put in. Until I hit the Rim of the planter. :bongrip::peace:

Looking good man. Glad you secured that panel. Bill beat me to it initially. Why supercrop or use ties? Just utilize the panel to bend the branches underneath?

I have never done a SCROG so I'm not positive about the preferred ways.
I'd push her for 10 days and flip. The screen should be full by then. Doing good @Zephyrs.
I'm with Regrowth. I'd wait until you can fill it out and then flip.

Looking good man. Glad you secured that panel. Bill beat me to it initially. Why supercrop or use ties? Just utilize the panel to bend the branches underneath?

I have never done a SCROG so I'm not positive about the preferred ways.

I'm with Regrowth. I'd wait until you can fill it out and then flip.
Alright Friends, yeah I was kinda leaning towards another 2 weeks Veg. Just because I can throw a few inches of soil on top, as well as needed Dry nutrients.

Another little update. I'm approaching 2 months of vegative state. She is filling out nicely. But the freaking fungas knats came back, Again.

So I did a Skeeter Dunks drench a couple days ago. Then today I did a heavy dusting of diatomaceous earth on top of the soil. And then I Watched all the flies crawl around like they were on Fire! That was kinda satisfying LOL. I will be flipping to 12/12 in a couple days. As she is Ready already, I feel!!

Oh And Note Too Self: Do Not Accidentally Spill Dry Diatomaceous Earth On Running Fan!!!! LMAO!! I really did that. It had looked like it snowed over my plant And my Face. LOL, Dumb Stoner move:rollit:
20220125_134025.jpg
20220125_133842.jpg
20220125_133717.jpg
20220125_133643.jpg
20220125_133608.jpg
20220125_133600.jpg

be careful inhaling that stuff... i think it's dangerous.
Thank you, Yes I'm aware it's really dangerous to inhale. That's why I felt so stupid for doing that LOL. I just said Oh Shit! Then I held my breath and closed the door. Then let it settle for a hour or so before going back in there. Yeah it can literally shred the inside of your lungs if ya inhale alot of it.

Looking awesome. Waiting a few extra days helped a lot I think. Excited for you Zeph.

DE is awesome stuff. It is not a bad thing to dust the plants with DE, but only in veg. But, don't dust yourself dodo! Haaa haaa.

I do so much stoner shut all the time.

Looking awesome. Waiting a few extra days helped a lot I think. Excited for you Zeph.

DE is awesome stuff. It is not a bad thing to dust the plants with DE, but only in veg. But, don't dust yourself dodo! Haaa haaa.

I do so much stoner shut all the time.
Thanks Much @BakedARea! Yeah I really think that it helped with the overall harvest possibility. It's the first time growing this particular strain. I just don't want to have the preflower stretch be something crazy like 300%. So by the first of the Month she'll be on 12/12 schedule.

Yeah I like to use DE just because its harmless to plants and pets. Just As long as the Grower doesn't accidentally Poof it all over the damn room via the lower running fan! :ganjamon: Lol, I had to laugh at Myself for that bone head move. So I dropped her light schedule to 14/10 down from 16/8 on/off. Just to let her know the false winter is approaching fast!.

So first day of 12/12 tomorrow then?:yahoo:
Yes it will be, LOL! I actually just tucked her in for her last 14/10 Day light schedule. Tomorrow will be 12.5 On/11.5 Off. Starting February 1st! Odd schedule I know, but hay I just weirdly experimental like So! :headbanger:!

Awesome. I can't wait to see how things turn out for you.
It wouldn't surprise me if you see pistils early because of the 14 hour cycle.
I'll bet by the end of next weekend at the latest.

Awesome. I can't wait to see how things turn out for you.
It wouldn't surprise me if you see pistils early because of the 14 hour cycle.
I'll bet by the end of next weekend at the latest.
Right On Buddy!! Yea, I just seeing if the last week of 14/10 would help start flower a lil quicker. Every grow, I try something just a little bit different. Every Time I always end up learning or discovering something New to me... I Love Cannabis :Rasta:

Right On Buddy!! Yea, I just seeing if the last week of 14/10 would help start flower a lil quicker. Every grow, I try something just a little bit different. Every Time I always end up learning or discovering something New to me... I Love Cannabis :Rasta:
Awesome! Good news on flipping. I'm a lot like that. I like to try new things and see what happens. I like the idea of transitioning them slowly into flower. It makes sense because it is not such a quick change. I have no idea how the hormones change but I know it is not from one day to the next. Makes sense to slowly the light cycle change as it does in nature. Anyway...haaa haaaa. I like your approach! Blessings on the blooms!

OK so it's been about a week since my last update. She has been doing good. I have tied down a couple more bud sites. I'm seeing alot more secondary shoots popping up.

Last Tuesday I gave her a feeding of 15 mL dry veg. And about 7-8 mL of dry cal/mag mix. She was flipped to a 12.5/11.5 on off schedule. So today is actually the 2nd day of bloom schedule. About 60 more days to go LOL.

Here are some current pics. Please don't mind the white discolor on the leaves. It's just the reminints of "Zephyrs Great Diatomaceous Earth Tornado Of 2022" lmao! It's rather unsightly I know, but it's not harming anything. :blunt::peace:
20220202_122554.jpg
20220202_122609.jpg
20220202_122630.jpg
20220202_122709.jpg

Back
Top Bottom