1st Time Hydro Grow Wilma 10 Pot White Russian!

jack ruby

hi people and welcome:welcome: 2 my 1st grow journal , thort it wud be a good idea 2 start 1 as am starting my hydro grow as i speak , heres the tackle im using

strain : white russian (serious seeds) mostly indica so ive heard
hydro kit : 10 pot wilma hydro kit (6.5ltr pots)
grow room : 1.2mtr x 1.2mtr x 2mtr grow tent in attic
lighting: 400wmh (veg) & 600whps(flower)
nutes: formulex(seedlings) canna aqua vega(veg) flores (bloom) pk 13-14
media : clay pebbles & 3inch rockwool cubes
air flow : 12 inch oscilating fan , ( cudnt aford extractor & intake fans atm :()
air pump
water heater at 20C
digital ph tester
digital ec metre
ph up ph down

so thats that, ive jus put my 1 week old seedlings in 2day under the 400w mh light above at about 3fterythings seemin ok , feedin them formulex with EC 0.9 & ph at 5.8 with the dripper emitters 15mins twice daily . I have read quite a fair bit about propagating & the basics so am happy with that but i still have a few questions if anyone out there cud answer along the way seeming as this is my 1st go at hydro . i have had experince at soil growing & got not 2 bad results with it , but i jus fancy avin a go at hydro ,seems more rewarding if u get it correct .
ok so heres with questions if any1 with experience with this same kit or know how cud help

1: whats the best EC & ph range for my plants without over doing them , i know that the canna stuff is usualy half strength is this correct ??

2: what kind of growing technique wud b best for this kit for the area & lighting quality ive got ???

3:what would be an ideal veg time in this area, i doubt vegging for weeks on end would be any good in my grow area ??

all advice would be much appreciated & ile be uploading some photos soon as i get my camera bak !!:peace: 2 all growers !:thanks:

Re: 1st time hydro grow wilma 10 pot white russian!!

High there Jack Ruby and :welcome: to 420Mag! :cheer:

Man, you've sure got some good stuff there to get your grow going.

I use PPM not EC but .9 sounds good from what I've read about the difference. pH looks good. Usually 5.4-6.2 is great for hydro and it's good for the plants if it wanders around in that range. Some nutes become more or less available at different pH levels but that range should be good.

I'm not sure what would be the best technique. I thought you had your method worked out. Are you talking about training?

With only 2 M of height and allowing for loss due to lights I wouldn't let them veg too long unless you're going to top them or use LST to manage the canopy. I'm not sure about White Russian but my plants almost tripled in height when they flowered and I have about the same height as you.

Lots of luck and I'll be waiting for those pictures! :popcorn: :bong:

C'ya L8r.

:peace:

hi labrat :thanks: for the reply
i think im guna go with a sog grow with this setup cant realy see any other technique bein much justice .
also :thanks: for the advice on ph ile be stayin within those ranges from now on !! do u say for example set it as close to 5.4 as posible then let it gradualy rise 2 around 6 then ph bak down to as close to 5.4 cos my ph rises gradually with it bein a recircling system which i heard always does !!
anyhow ive taken some pics put strugglin 2 find how to put them on this thread , any advice on it wud b much apreciated :peace:

Picture_00549.jpg

ok sorry av been away for a while people , heres some pics of my white russians 1 week so far in veg from seed & the nutes line up !!
been keeping ph between 5.4 & 6.0 & EC between 1.1 & 1.2
everything seems to be goin ok so far !! if anyone else has got experience with the wilma advice on running it & etc will be apreciated :peace:

i was wondering if anyone could hepl me with a small problem 2 of my plants,
new growth seems fine & it seems to be only affecting the older growth , ph & ec have both been kept within ideal range so im a bit oblivious to what it could be tbh ! any advice would be very aprreciated

hey people , or should i say lack of people takin any intrest in this journal !
anyways ive decided 2 continue this journal for my own benefit & future reference
plants are at 2weeks veg & are bout 7 inchs tall.
bein fed 3 times a day for 15 mins & ph at 5.4 to 6.0 & Ec at 1.1 to 1.2 , i feel somewhat quite proud that ive bin able to keep my plants alive & kickin in a hyrdo setup seeming as its my 1st hydro grow , it really seems to be working out simpler & easier than 1st imagined it would , only advice i would give 2 anyone thinkin ov hydro is give it a go & try & keep things simple !!

i would like to pinpoint that the plant in soil at the right side of the hydroponics system was planted at the same time as the rest & just look at the noticable size difference in soil vs hydro !!

I don't know diddley-squat about the wilma system but I know results when I see them! +Reps for a sweet set-up! :bong: I thought Wilma was Barney's wife and Bam-Bam's mother! LOL

Sorry I haven't been around in a while but I'm pulling up a chair and keeping eyes on this grow now! :popcorn:

Those sweet baby girls look ready for flowering now. What's the 411 on that?

If there's any of those ugly leaves left just chop them off. They've done their duty and are no longer needed. If they are left on there they may end up a conduit for disease for the rest of the plants.

Very nice bunch of girls! :goodjob: :thumb:

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom