Phosphorus deficiency?

Hazelnut

Wonder Woman. Happy frog soil. Manifolded. About 4 weeks into flower. Under MARS 1200w LED

Was looking great but in the last few days, she started doing this. I've been lightly feeding and thinking maybe she's underfed and has a phosphorus deficiency?

image35060.jpg

In veg (3 months) she was getting fox farms grow big @1/2 strength, every 3rd or 4th watering. In flower foxfarms tiger bloom again every 3rd or 4th watering.

Water PH going in (with or without nutes) has been between 6.5 and 6.9

I'm thinking maybe she is just in general underfed and now that she in flower is using up more phosphorus, hence its showing up as a phosphorus deficiency. Thoughts?

be a little more accurate with your pH. 6.5- 6.9 is not accurate enough.

Your problem looks like a trace mineral deficiency since it is showing up all over the plant. Phosphorus is a mobile nutrient and would first show signs at the bottom of the plant and then move upward as the leaves were cannibalized. This is not that.

Adjust your pH down to 6.3-6.4 for the next couple of waterings... and I think you will find that your problem stops progressing... the damaged leaves will not come back, but at least you will save your harvest.

I am willing to bet it is a potassium deficiency, in the first stages of flowering the plant used phosphorus which is also the energy nutrient, towards the later half of flowering the plant is looking for potassium.

I am willing to bet it is a potassium deficiency, in the first stages of flowering the plant used phosphorus which is also the energy nutrient, towards the later half of flowering the plant is looking for potassium.

Potassium is also a mobile nutrient in the plant, so deficiencies would start at the bottom and work their way up as the plant moved the stored potassium to the new growth where it was needed. Also, not to be argumentative, but phosphorus is needed at the end to produce the oils and resin... potassium is the macronutrient in early flower.

That being said... this deficiency is showing only in the upper and middle growth, clearly indicating it is a non-mobile element that is not getting through... and most of these are the trace elements and heavy metals.

The lower pH will fix this... no question in my mind.

well i am not saying it doesnt use any phosphorus towards then end i am simply saying it is using way more potassium, and im not technically saying it, plant nutritionist are the ones who say it i am just spewing out what the scientist say

Back
Top Bottom