Nutrients?

ChanChan203

I'm waiting to grow in coco for my very first grow I like fox farms line of nutrients but they really don't offer any insight with growing in coco so my real question I guess would be is it better to go with soil feed scheduele or the hydro feed scheduele or does it even matter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think Coco is kinda like Hydro more then soil but i aint sure on My friend. But i do now that Coco doesnt have much or any nutrients so you should start with light feeding early. :Namaste:

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
OK so this may be a dumb question but I keep hearing that term like hydro ok and I still understand what about I'd it like hydro tho?

Are you asking how coco is like hydro?
It's a form of hydro because, unlike soil, it contains no nutrients for the plant. It's simply a fluffy mass for the roots to grow in, and you have to feed it everything it needs. Use the hydro ph range and fed and water at about 5.6.

If you're following a company feeding schedule- don't trust the amounts. Better to start at 1/2 the 'recommended' strength and go from there. Usually they make those feeding schedules much too strong. Strains vary in how much nutrient they can handle.

Are you asking how coco is like hydro?
It's a form of hydro because, unlike soil, it contains no nutrients for the plant. It's simply a fluffy mass for the roots to grow in, and you have to feed it everything it needs. Use the hydro ph range and fed and water at about 5.6.

If you're following a company feeding schedule- don't trust the amounts. Better to start at 1/2 the 'recommended' strength and go from there. Usually they make those feeding schedules much too strong. Strains vary in how much nutrient they can handle.
OK but i use fox farms should I follow soil scheduele since I'm not using a hydroponic system or should I use soil feed scheduele

I went and googled their schedules. Wow they both seem insanely strong to me. The hydro one goes over 1600 ppm and the soil one maxes out at 2300. Twice a week. Ouch.
I've never used foxfarm nutes so I'm just talking, and hopefully someone will come along who actually knows what they're talking about

If I had to make a guess though- Both schedules seem to be mostly the same basic products at the same ratios. There are a few differences among the extra supplements they want you to buy. I wouldn't run out and buy all those supplements though.

Besides the strength- the hydro one assumes you're constantly topping up a res, while the soil one says to feed twice a week.

I think you could use either schedule really if you water it down a little, but if I had to choose- I'd use the hydro one and go less than half strength with it. I tend to feed light though and use multiple feedings. Ive been growing some drain-to-waste plants- some of them in coco, and I don't go over 650ppm, with three feedings per day.
Other people operate coco differently and use heavier feedings, so I look forward to hearing from other people on this.

I do water them down to about quarter and work up until I see they stressing or small amounts of burn then back off a little bit cause ever strain seems to take nutes differently I think I'm just gonna grow in soil for first few grows and build a drip or drain to waste and try to run either pure coco or perlite and see what happens

Hey man. I have grown using the Fox farms trio in coco. Coco is soiless always treat it like hydro. I pretty much just used grow and tiger bloom and cal mag. Let the plant tell you how much. Start at 1/4 strength and work you way up. If it looks light green give her more. Water once a day and start watering more as the plant gets bigger. In flower I water 3-4 times a day. I just ran out of AN sensi coco and will be switching to tiger blooms and calmag. I don't want to buy more AN because I'm going hydro organic next grow. Good luck

I was nodding in agreement with Weasel that the directions from a lot of these nute makers set up a highly amped up feeding schedule
May I make a comment here? Let's go back to what the plant needs ---we tend to first think what nutes do they need and then how much .....but before any added nutrition can be " taken up" ( moved at the ion level ) there MUST be organic bacteria living as a colony in the growing medium a great benefit to coco is we can introduce these "microbes" and they can move with the water and nutes to all areas of the container much harder to do in soil a really strong microbe colony in the soil will move the nutes to the plants as the Plants need them yes you can still over feed but there is a difference between growing fast or burnig doughnuts in the parking lot too much food is similar jd

Back
Top Bottom